Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Players in recent drafts that you liked that didn't live up to their potential « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

Calvin Johnson

Hall of Famer

#15 : April 09, 2009, 09:14:30 PM

gholston

devasher

Starter
#16 : April 09, 2009, 09:16:59 PM

Mike Williams (really either or, but I'm talking the USC bust not the Texas sized bust)
Byron Leftwich
Cadillac (obviously)
Jabar Gaffney
Reggie Bush (given the hype)

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#17 : April 09, 2009, 09:24:05 PM

Michael Clayton

Funny thing about him.. I actually predicted in my original mock draft from that year that he would be the Bucs pick. I never waivered from it, but on draft day when Steven Jackson was available I was PISSED they took Clayton instead. I thought Jackson was going to be gone before the Bucs picked.

SwarmingDefense

Pro Bowler
#18 : April 09, 2009, 09:42:48 PM

Adam Carriker

Yeah what happened to him

SwarmingDefense

Pro Bowler
#19 : April 09, 2009, 09:43:44 PM

Ernie Sims for me

Is amazing...He's the only guy on detroit that plays d

BucsMagic64

Starter

#20 : April 09, 2009, 09:50:12 PM

Devin Thomas so far.....I wanted the Bucs to take him so badly. I was ready to explode when we took Talib over him, but it looks as if Allen made the right move there.

A guy who isn't living up to his potential that I knew wasn't going to is Gaines Adams. Never liked him predraft, thought he was overrated. When we drafted him I spent the next hour just praying we were trading him to Detroit for Calvin Johnson, when it was obivious he was a Buc, I started to get pissed. I like the guy, but was never a fan of his ability. Too one dimensional, IMO.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#21 : April 09, 2009, 10:05:36 PM

A guy who isn't living up to his potential that I knew wasn't going to is Gaines Adams. Never liked him predraft, thought he was overrated. When we drafted him I spent the next hour just praying we were trading him to Detroit for Calvin Johnson, when it was obivious he was a Buc, I started to get pissed. I like the guy, but was never a fan of his ability. Too one dimensional, IMO.

If he was one dimensional he'd be ok but he's not even good at that one dimension.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

BucsMagic64

Starter

#22 : April 09, 2009, 10:12:15 PM

If he was one dimensional he'd be ok but he's not even good at that one dimension.

He's got great speed for a DE, he dominated in college and that plus a weak DL class is why he was so high on the draft board. He doesn't have moves to get around LTs, he relies purely on his speed to try and get around people. Hopefully he pulls his finger out of his butt under Bates and plays like a top 5 pick. But I'm not seeing it, I never wanted him there to begin with.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#23 : April 09, 2009, 10:14:47 PM

The dimension he excels at may be smoking pot.   At least that's the rumor from the guys who work at the Marriott he was staying at.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#24 : April 09, 2009, 10:20:23 PM

Dre Moore was one of my favorite prospects from last years draft. I pray he finds a way to come around.

For a non-Buc Ashley Lelie was amazing in college. I thought he would be a good pro.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#25 : April 09, 2009, 10:31:20 PM

definetly Zemaitis and Stovall.  I loved Jerome Mathis coming out of college.  Gaines tops the list.

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

BucsMagic64

Starter

#26 : April 09, 2009, 10:33:29 PM

Dre Moore was one of my favorite prospects from last years draft. I pray he finds a way to come around.

For a non-Buc Ashley Lelie was amazing in college. I thought he would be a good pro.

Good one on Moore. You're right. I was a big fan of him before the draft and he was the guy I was most excited about after the draft. Too bad he's fat and lazy.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#27 : April 09, 2009, 10:33:57 PM

The guy had 6.5 sacks and a critical TD return for a TD VERUS the Bears, and he harrased the passer (pressure), on a DT starved team, and Gaines is a bust?

Maybe considering his draft status.  Drafted a few spots later, and he is a bargain.

Why no talk about that 20 year old DT from Houston?  I even forgot his name he has been such a nobody...

BucsMagic64

Starter

#28 : April 09, 2009, 10:44:15 PM

The guy had 6.5 sacks and a critical TD return for a TD VERUS the Bears, and he harrased the passer (pressure), on a DT starved team, and Gaines is a bust?

Maybe considering his draft status.  Drafted a few spots later, and he is a bargain.

Why no talk about that 20 year old DT from Houston?  I even forgot his name he has been such a nobody...

6.5 sacks is anything special? The guy is a subpar DE who relies soley on his speed. It's not working out for him in the pros, hopefully he turns it around. But so far he's done nothing to make me believe I was wrong about him like Aqib Talib has.

SHIVVER

Pro Bowler

#29 : April 09, 2009, 10:52:58 PM

Ive never missed on a prospect....  Ever!

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Players in recent drafts that you liked that didn't live up to their potential « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools