Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Booger McFarland « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

PewterReportSR

Hall of Famer
: January 31, 2007, 09:36:48 AM

From this morning's Tampa Tribune: "You've got a Hall of Fame defensive tackle in Warren Sapp, who did all he did and look how they treated him," McFarland said. "Look how they treated John Lynch. So nothing in the game of football surprises me."

This guy is unreal. McFarland is poor-mouthing the Bucs about Warren Sapp, yet HE WAS THE REASON Sapp wasn't re-signed because he got the big DT contract. McFARLAND was the one who wanted to play under tackle NOT nose tackle. He wanted Sapp out of there so he could play the featured 3-technique spot. He got his wish and he flat out stunk.

McFARLAND was the one who wanted the big defensive tackle contract and got it ... yet I didn't see him offering to take a paycut or restructure in 2004 in order to help bring Sapp back. You can't have it both ways, Booger. We've seen Derrick Brooks time and time again restructure his deal to help keep players like Mike Alstott around. Yet McFarland didn't lift a finger to help the Bucs keep Sapp or Lynch, who were both salary cap casualties.

McFarland got the money and the big contract and turned into a fat cat in Tampa. The funny thing is that Indy traded for him and then Tony sticks him where? At the prestigious under tackle spot? Nope. He's back at nose tackle where he belongs and I'm glad Bruce Allen shipped his overrated ass out of Tampa Bay.

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#1 : January 31, 2007, 09:38:33 AM

That's low class from Booger...I didn't figure him to say something like this.

marlevr

Second String
#2 : January 31, 2007, 09:40:03 AM

What a clown, Im so glad we got rid of him and stole a 2nd rounder from Indy.

Buc Wylde

Hall of Famer

#3 : January 31, 2007, 09:41:56 AM

SR, Booger did raise a finger.. It just wasn't the one used for pointing.

Good riddance to stale trash

Quote from: Raheem Morris
We got to get better at doing something, and that is what we have to set our focus on and that is something to get better at. That\\\\\\\'s what we are trying to do right now.

#4 : January 31, 2007, 09:58:13 AM

McFarland got the money and the big contract and turned into a fat cat in Tampa. The funny thing is that Indy traded for him and then Tony sticks him where? At the prestigious under tackle spot? Nope. He's back at nose tackle where he belongs and I'm glad Bruce Allen shipped his overrated ass out of Tampa Bay.

Haha...Nice.  I see a bit of your inner fan coming out here.

Agreed 100%.  Good to see you jump to the defense of our Bucs.

Keep up the great work.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 31, 2007, 10:01:52 AM

What a cheddar**CENSORED**. Doesn't suprise me.

superbuc

Practice Squad
#6 : January 31, 2007, 10:07:55 AM

From this morning's Tampa Tribune: "You've got a Hall of Fame defensive tackle in Warren Sapp, who did all he did and look how they treated him," McFarland said. "Look how they treated John Lynch. So nothing in the game of football surprises me."

This guy is unreal. McFarland is poor-mouthing the Bucs about Warren Sapp, yet HE WAS THE REASON Sapp wasn't re-signed because he got the big DT contract. McFARLAND was the one who wanted to play under tackle NOT nose tackle. He wanted Sapp out of there so he could play the featured 3-technique spot. He got his wish and he flat out stunk.

McFARLAND was the one who wanted the big defensive tackle contract and got it ... yet I didn't see him offering to take a paycut or restructure in 2004 in order to help bring Sapp back. You can't have it both ways, Booger. We've seen Derrick Brooks time and time again restructure his deal to help keep players like Mike Alstott around. Yet McFarland didn't lift a finger to help the Bucs keep Sapp or Lynch, who were both salary cap casualties.

WOW.  Go, Scott, Go!  I agree with you by the way.  In the few times I've been around Booger, he is undersized to play the UT.  His lack of size does give him quickness off the ball and makes him well-suited for NT.  Plus, Bruce couldn't turn down the 2nd round pick we got for Booger.  The Bucs weren't going anywhere this year and it's a good idea to get as many picks as possible as they have in the last couple of years to make up for those that were traded for Gru.  I think I read that they have 4 of the first 64 picks in this year's draft......not bad; not bad at all.

Good job on channel 47, Scott.  PR's coverage is different than the others.....you're not like the big 2 that somehow have the same cover stories on the same day all too often.    And, I respect that you'll admit when you were a little harsh on a person instead of just saying, "that's the business".

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 31, 2007, 10:11:04 AM

In the few times I've been around Booger, he is undersized to play the UT.  His lack of size does give him quickness off the ball and makes him well-suited for NT.
ugh............  ::)

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

tonyflash

Starter

#8 : January 31, 2007, 10:11:38 AM

" I don't need to prove anything to anybody"

"I go out and play the game because I enjoy it, because that's what I want to do and not for any other reason"

This is a big reason he is not here. He should play the game because he "loves it". He was instead playing a game of enjoyment. Like when he plays golf. I think his golf game was getting better than his play on the field. What does that tell you?

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#9 : January 31, 2007, 10:13:11 AM

I saw him on TV bragging about already having a ring like he actually played a part in winning it. And if the Colts are such a class organization, ask Booger how Corey Simon is doing.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

superbuc

Practice Squad
#10 : January 31, 2007, 10:15:24 AM

In the few times I've been around Booger, he is undersized to play the UT.  His lack of size does give him quickness off the ball and makes him well-suited for NT.
ugh............ ::)

Brilliant insight.  Wrong board.

leeroyselmon07

Starter

#11 : January 31, 2007, 10:16:14 AM

Booger was 2 busy eating cuban food and not playing football in Tampa. Fat Bastard!

acacius

Hall of Famer

#12 : January 31, 2007, 10:46:48 AM

WOW.  Go, Scott, Go!  I agree with you by the way.  In the few times I've been around Booger, he is undersized to play the UT.  His lack of size does give him quickness off the ball and makes him well-suited for NT. 

That's fairly stunningly ack bassward.  The NT's job is to eat up blocks and stop the run.  The UT is the premium pass-rushing position where speed and quickness really come into play.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#13 : January 31, 2007, 10:47:54 AM

Stick to golf Booger, you're future is brighter. Go get 'em SR.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#14 : January 31, 2007, 11:50:41 AM

That's low class from Booger...I didn't figure him to say something like this.

You don't know him very well, I'm afraid. I don't equate "class" and McFarland.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Booger McFarland « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools