Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Booger McFarland « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

acacius

Hall of Famer

#60 : February 02, 2007, 12:30:07 PM

I'm not sure if you are just parroting what Brucie says, but Lynch was N O T a salary cap issue & has said so more than once in public including thurs nite on Bay news 9. He would have played for veteran minimum just to stay a Buc. All he asked was to be a starter--which he most certainly deserved.

*shrug*  Kiffin thought that Phillips deserved the starting spot.  In retrospect, it was clearly a mistake.  But he's done enough for the franchise that I'm not willing to cry for him to be keelhauled for one mistake.

You DO realize that this would have been Kiffin's call, right?  And that it's simply the same thing they did with players like Culpepper and Abraham?

vipmark

Starter
#61 : February 02, 2007, 12:37:39 PM

I spoke with Lynch and Dungy yesterday and they both said that they never liked Karen.

#62 : February 02, 2007, 02:42:42 PM

VIP, that's not what JP Peterson said!

Ironphister

Second String

#63 : February 02, 2007, 02:52:13 PM

i think lynch was let go because he was slowing down and Monte didn't want it on his shoulders if the guy made a big hit and wound up sipping dinner through a straw the rest of his days.  i was big on phillips as a hitter but obviously he hasn't figured out the finer points of the T2.

booger is up there as one of the all time underachievers.  having met him and steve white on the golf course - he's a helluva nice guy, but as a football player - overrated.

vipmark

Starter
#64 : February 02, 2007, 03:02:20 PM

If Lynch wanted to stay he should have taken the pay cut and competed with Flip at TC, he probably would have won the job. I don't like the idea of guaranteeing a player a starting position, everyone should have to win his spot every year. Due to injury, Lynch would have become the starter anyway....sidebar- did'nt Lynch get voted the 3rd dirtiest player in the league?
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Booger McFarland « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools