Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dear Bill Muir... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

bklynbucs11

Starter

: January 31, 2007, 09:37:37 AM

In the 5 years you've been here, our offensive line has regressed practically every single year. There's a possibility that we might pick up the most physically gifted offensive linemen we've ever had in this draft and hopefully the second coming of Gruber (or better). We've got a young right side that should be our anchor for years to come. Our Left Guard, when healthy, is the strongest link in our line and we might even be able to upgrade at center (either through the draft or signing a guy like O'Hara). The only thing stopping us from having a premier offensive line... is you.

We've all tried pleading to Jon Gruden & Malcolm Glazer to can your incompetent ass but its fallen on deaf ears. So, I am asking you as a man, to do the right thing - resign or fire yourself. Its clear that our coaching staff is for some unholy reason completely in love with you (however unwarranted it may be). But seriously - you've been paid well enough considering your inability to produce even an AVERAGE line. Do right by the franchise that overpaid for you. Step down, let us get a guy like Houck or hopefully Art Shell or someone else and actually allow us to build the successful offense line and an offense. Be a man Mr. Muir - if not for your sake, then for our children. Otherwise, the next generation of Tampa Bay fans will grow up like their predecessors - watching a failed offensive scheme because their offensive line doesn't have the proper coaching to block a tackling sleigh. Do you want THAT burden on your conscience Bill?

Mellow

Starter

#1 : January 31, 2007, 11:24:21 AM

LOL.

When Arizona (Arizona!) hired Russ Grimm I nearly cried. 

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 31, 2007, 11:41:52 AM

Sigh.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#3 : January 31, 2007, 11:50:09 AM

I am dissapointed that not a single offensive coach was fired but what is done is done. 

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#4 : January 31, 2007, 12:14:42 PM

Bill you suck. Plese quit your job and go back to working at Hooters.

There, perhaps, you can accomplish something.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#5 : January 31, 2007, 02:22:40 PM

Mr. Muir, good luck next year.  As much as it confuses me that you are still the O-line coach, I suppose you are STILL going to be around for another mediocre season.  No more excuses, because as of now you are working with a 1st round guard, a second round tackle, and possibly another franchise tackle (fingers crossed) after this draft.  IF you screw it up, you sir are an idiot.

marlevr

Second String
#6 : January 31, 2007, 03:01:56 PM

Amen!

#7 : January 31, 2007, 03:05:54 PM

Mr. Muir, good luck next year.  As much as it confuses me that you are still the O-line coach, I suppose you are STILL going to be around for another mediocre season.  No more excuses, because as of now you are working with a 1st round guard, a second round tackle, and possibly another franchise tackle (fingers crossed) after this draft.  IF you screw it up, you sir are an idiot.

him? ... or the ones that allow him to still be here?

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#8 : January 31, 2007, 04:28:29 PM

Dear Bill Muir,

Please take 40 Percocetts, and chase them with some Drano!!!

With all my love,
ABuccsFan

jasc09

Rookie

#9 : January 31, 2007, 07:48:23 PM

...as of now you are working with a 1st round guard, a second round tackle, and possibly another franchise tackle (fingers crossed) after this draft. IF you screw it up, you sir are an idiot.

Prior to having this '06 1st round selection, the OL draft choices he's had to work with was:
2002 - Wistrom, TE, Rd 7; Quaccia, C, Rd 7
2003 - Nimmo, T, 4; King, C, 4; Mahan, G, 5
2004 - Terry, G, 5; Lawrie, TE, 6; Cramer, TE, 7
2005 - Smith, TE, 3; Colmer, T, 3; Buenning, G, 4

If you take out TE's, Muir's only had 7 guys drafted for the 'engine room' in 4 years, with only 1 chosen as high as the 3rd round (Colmer '05). 

If YOU were responsible for addressing a well-known, long-term weakness (since the Dungy era), would you have drafted this way?  Waiting until April 2006?

If so, you're fired.  People mention Gruden's had his hands tied w/ the cap and couldn't get quality players, yet he's had first and 2nd picks w/ the draft, before selecting scraps for the O-line. 

Whoever was in charge of the drafts' initial phases went the wrong direction.  I doubt Muir had much say in there.

Max Power

Starter

#10 : January 31, 2007, 08:20:24 PM

The Olines run blocking hasn't been very impressive but our passblocking has been adequate for the most part. We need a QB with the instincts to step up in the pocket and help his damn tackles out a little bit while they ride the DE's around the back of the pocket.

That said the guy has been a miracle worker with Alstott's run blocking. Under Muirs tenure Mikes blocking has gone from pathetic to below average. I can't wait till that waste of a fullback retires so we can run block with the same number of players everyone else in the NFL does.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#11 : January 31, 2007, 09:47:45 PM

The Olines run blocking hasn't been very impressive but our passblocking has been adequate for the most part. We need a QB with the instincts to step up in the pocket and help his damn tackles out a little bit while they ride the DE's around the back of the pocket.

That said the guy has been a miracle worker with Alstott's run blocking. Under Muirs tenure Mikes blocking has gone from pathetic to below average. I can't wait till that waste of a fullback retires so we can run block with the same number of players everyone else in the NFL does.
You must be a pathetic, bitter, old coot.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#12 : January 31, 2007, 10:15:26 PM

...as of now you are working with a 1st round guard, a second round tackle, and possibly another franchise tackle (fingers crossed) after this draft. IF you screw it up, you sir are an idiot.

Prior to having this '06 1st round selection, the OL draft choices he's had to work with was:
2002 - Wistrom, TE, Rd 7; Quaccia, C, Rd 7
2003 - Nimmo, T, 4; King, C, 4; Mahan, G, 5
2004 - Terry, G, 5; Lawrie, TE, 6; Cramer, TE, 7
2005 - Smith, TE, 3; Colmer, T, 3; Buenning, G, 4

If you take out TE's, Muir's only had 7 guys drafted for the 'engine room' in 4 years, with only 1 chosen as high as the 3rd round (Colmer '05). 

If YOU were responsible for addressing a well-known, long-term weakness (since the Dungy era), would you have drafted this way? Waiting until April 2006?

If so, you're fired. People mention Gruden's had his hands tied w/ the cap and couldn't get quality players, yet he's had first and 2nd picks w/ the draft, before selecting scraps for the O-line. 

Whoever was in charge of the drafts' initial phases went the wrong direction. I doubt Muir had much say in there.
Colmer Rd3.

Buenning Round 4.

Joseph round 1.

Blood round 2.

Round 1 this year?  IF it is Thomas, then Muir better get the job done is all I am saying.  Those aren't trash heaps he is working with...

Max Power

Starter

#13 : February 01, 2007, 07:38:03 AM

I'm sorry you disagree. No offense but it's obvious you're a big Alstott fan. Maybe you thought he needed to be given the ball more as a runningback. You were probably right, cause he's no fullback. A fullback should block like a linemen and catch a pass or 2 a game. Alstott blocks like Qb's do on reverses, he just tries to get in the way and then flails his arms at the guy. A fullback should average maybe 1 carry a game, from the fullback position. Not 5 to 10 from the tailback position.

It really is like trying to run the ball with 1 less blocker then everyone else in the league.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#14 : February 01, 2007, 07:42:27 AM

I'm sorry you disagree. No offense but it's obvious you're a big Alstott fan. Maybe you thought he needed to be given the ball more as a runningback. You were probably right, cause he's no fullback. A fullback should block like a linemen and catch a pass or 2 a game. Alstott blocks like Qb's do on reverses, he just tries to get in the way and then flails his arms at the guy. A fullback should average maybe 1 carry a game, from the fullback position. Not 5 to 10 from the tailback position.

It really is like trying to run the ball with 1 less blocker then everyone else in the league.
Seriously... the running game sucks because defensive ends and tackles are in the backfield every play, the problem is our offensive line not Alstott.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dear Bill Muir... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools