Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dear Bill Muir... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#30 : February 01, 2007, 06:23:18 PM

Quoting yourself only makes you look like a Falcon fan...
Come up with some new material please. You sound like my 4 year old when he learned his first knock knock joke.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#31 : February 01, 2007, 10:41:59 PM

So you think Caddy got all those yds his rookie yr in spite of Alstott?  And what could Melissa Pittman possibly say to make you dislike one of the greatest team guys ever?  He & Pitt are good friends.  He's a capt & there's nobody on that team that dislikes him.  Flat out nonsense.

Max Power

Starter

#32 : February 02, 2007, 02:15:35 AM

Well I wish I could word it exactly but it was at the post superbowl celebration at RJ stadium live on television to everyone. It wasn't discreet. Not a secret message only I heard. Nice of you to accuse me of inventing it though. In answer to a reporters question (I'm paraphrasing)" What did you think of Michaels 100 yard rushing game in the superbowl" her answer was to the effect that if there weren't so much bickering over carries that Michael could had better games all year long.

Fine if you don't believe what she said or that it was an exaggeration, I guess without hearing it live I probably wouldn't either. In my eyes there has been a much better commitment to run blocking from Mike since the post-season that year and every year since. The difference that I've seen in his commitment to run blocking makes me think she probably wasn't making it up and there was backfield animosity. As far as the Duemig situation I guess we just disagree that it's a problem.

The biggest difference I've seen in his run blocking since that year is always being in place and on assignment. I've got to give some credit to Muir for that. I don't blame Alstott for our bad running game. I said I want a fullback who blocks like a fullback. A fullback should block like a linemen, not like a runningback or even a tightend. He should be a guy who hits linebackers like Alstott does when he's running with the ball. I don't understand why a guy who runs like that can't figure out how to hit with an impact when he blocks.

Caddy does deserve some of the blame for our poor rushing this year and the Oline does as well. Caddy wasn't himself and we battled injuries across the whole Oline all year on that I agree. But just like Caddy was a 1000 yard rusher behind Alstott he was behind Muirs Oline as well. Probably a downgrade not having Kenyatta last year but not by much. I also think Joseph is an upgrade at guard. If healthy this Oline( with perhaps some improvements in the offseason), Alstott, and Caddy can produce again. With Muir. If we get good stable QB play. Which is where I put the blame for our poor running game last year.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#33 : February 02, 2007, 02:23:32 AM

Well I wish I could word it exactly but it was at the post superbowl celebration at RJ stadium live on television to everyone. It wasn't discreet. Not a secret message only I heard. Nice of you to accuse me of inventing it though. In answer to a reporters question (I'm paraphrasing)" What did you think of Michaels 100 yard rushing game in the superbowl" her answer was to the effect that if there weren't so much bickering over carries that Michael could had better games all year long.

Fine if you don't believe what she said or that it was an exaggeration, I guess without hearing it live I probably wouldn't either. In my eyes there has been a much better commitment to run blocking from Mike since the post-season that year and every year since. The difference that I've seen in his commitment to run blocking makes me think she probably wasn't making it up and there was backfield animosity. As far as the Duemig situation I guess we just disagree that it's a problem.

The biggest difference I've seen in his run blocking since that year is always being in place and on assignment. I've got to give some credit to Muir for that. I don't blame Alstott for our bad running game. I said I want a fullback who blocks like a fullback. A fullback should block like a linemen, not like a runningback or even a tightend. He should be a guy who hits linebackers like Alstott does when he's running with the ball. I don't understand why a guy who runs like that can't figure out how to hit with an impact when he blocks.

Caddy does deserve some of the blame for our poor rushing this year and the Oline does as well. Caddy wasn't himself and we battled injuries across the whole Oline all year on that I agree. But just like Caddy was a 1000 yard rusher behind Alstott he was behind Muirs Oline as well. Probably a downgrade not having Kenyatta last year but not by much. I also think Joseph is an upgrade at guard. If healthy this Oline( with perhaps some improvements in the offseason), Alstott, and Caddy can produce again. With Muir. If we get good stable QB play. Which is where I put the blame for our poor running game last year.

First off I'll admit it was something I heard Mellisa Pittman say the day after the superbowl win that has definitely turned me off on Alstott. I just flat out don't like the guy. In hindsight it's obvious Warrick Dunn was never going to resign with the bucs. And throughout his career he has used Deumig as his microphone instead of just saying what he wants to say himself. With both Gruden and Dungy.

I've never let it blind me to the guys skills though. As a runner his ability to get low is absolutely unmatched. As a fullback (I guess) only Larry Centers has had better hands in recent times. But he can't block. He can't and never will, or at least he'll never want to. Don't you think it's kind of odd that a guy who can run so low behind his shoulder pads is such a "flat" blocker. No bend at all and no push at all for a guy it comes naturally to.
Hmmm....can't help but re-read this one.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#34 : February 02, 2007, 02:24:24 AM

So a player's wife says he should have gotten more yardage & you dislike his team mate?  Wow.

Max Power

Starter

#35 : February 02, 2007, 02:37:45 AM

I dislike him for using Duemig for a microphone which I consider as bad as calling the coach out yourself. I have a problem with every player who does it.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#36 : February 02, 2007, 02:57:15 AM

He & Duemig are friends.  When did you hear him to use Duemig as a microphone?  Duemig frequently says "this is just my opinion or the feeling I get from him."  You have never heard Mike say anything bad about his team, his team mates, or his coaches. And if you say you have you are an outright liar!

Max Power

Starter

#37 : February 02, 2007, 03:00:25 AM

You know what, I guess it's a good thing for me that you're one of the few posters here who's opinion I don't respect.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#38 : February 02, 2007, 03:04:58 AM

Ditto.  But wait till some posters tomorrow see this drivel.  You are in a small, small minority & will get an earful.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dear Bill Muir... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools