Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Predictions - What's your take on the game? « previous next »
Page: 1

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

: January 31, 2007, 01:13:43 PM

1. What's the score?

2. What's the thinking behind that prediction?

3. What player is the darkhorse in terms of influencing the game (ie Desmond Howard against the Pats)

1. Bears 30, Colts 14

2. The Bears defense isn't flashy with disguised coverages, they do what they do and I think the Colts are going to have a hard time with the physical nature of that defense. Urlacher's going to neutralize Dallas Clark and the DL of the Bears is going to handle the Colts OL.

The only way the Colts get Marvin and Wayne free on the LOS is to play them off the LOS.  The Colts could go into a double tightend formation and keep the WRs off the LOS and get them that free release but only if the Bears are committed to jamming the WRs at the LOS.

The key is going to be if the Bears front 4 can stop the run AND get pressure on Manning to speed up his reads/internal clock. That's going to limit the depth of the WRs routes and play right into their cover 2 scheme since the underneath 5 defenders can squat on all the routes while keeping their eyes on the RBs.

Teams have played the Colts a bit differently in the playoffs.  I believe Manning was seeing more Tampa 2, and Cover 4 on obvious passing downs and less Cover 3 and Cover 1 so that has forced them to be more balanced than they would like to be. I don't see it any differently in this game which falls right into the Bears hands.

3. The Bears FG kicker Robbie Gould is automatic and rarely talked about. I think he's going to be huge for the Bears in this game.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 31, 2007, 01:55:42 PM

1. 27-24 Bears

2a. Manning > Grossman, but Bears D > Colts D.

2b. Indy = Dome team = 1 Super Bowl win ever (Rams over Titans, in a dome)

3. Devin Hester against the very suspect Colts coverage team.

#2 : January 31, 2007, 02:34:25 PM

1. What's the score?

2. What's the thinking behind that prediction?

3. What player is the darkhorse in terms of influencing the game (ie Desmond Howard against the Pats)

1. Colts 27, Bears 24...or so.  :)

2. I think that Manning knows that this is his chance.  I think Grossman will choke it away.  I believe that the Bears D, running game and special tems will keep them in the game, but the Colts are playing relatively inspired defense as well.  The Bears will try to run right at the Colts and get some play action off of that.  The Colts, OTOH, I think will run right at them, attacking Urlacher directly, then using the TEs to take advantage.  It just looks like the scales are slightly in Indy's favor.  The game will be decided on a couple of big plays from the QBs/secondary.  I see Manning's big plays as more likely to be TDs than INTs.  Vice versa for Grossman.

3. Dominic Rhodes.  I think the way to attack this Bears D in the running game is right up the middle, I see Rhodes getting some quality touches right at Urlacher.  He'll get some numbers.  MVP? No...I think the MVP of this game comes from the defensive side of the ball.

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#3 : January 31, 2007, 03:10:40 PM

Colts 31
Bears 17

I think the bears are highly overrated, Peyton wants this, and if the colts take advantage of Grossmans mistakes they will eat the bears alive,the bears D is good, but i mean the Bucs, the team with one of the worst offenses in the league this last year put 31 points on them and almost beat them, I think Sanders and Grossman are going to get to know each other quickly, I dont think the bears have a chance in hell at winning this one

redtab78

Pro Bowler
#4 : January 31, 2007, 03:37:29 PM

I say;

24-21 Bears, I just think they are a better team....

Anyone who thinks Tim Tebow will be a great NFL QB is an idiot.

leeroyselmon07

Starter

#5 : January 31, 2007, 04:04:09 PM

Bears 21-17

The bears defense and against a colts defense that might have Marlin Jackson playing corner not safety!

Dark horse is the Bears safties and how they handle the Colts play action

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 31, 2007, 04:12:42 PM

I say colts 28 bears 13.

The thinking behind this is that I dont' think the Bears will be able to run the ball and stay at a favorable down and distance for Grossman (3rd and 3) If they keep Grossman into 3rd and longs and can drop 7 and put freeney in his mug its lights out. Now if the Bears can run and can keep a single safety high (8 men in the box) and create man coverage on the perimeters that is a more favorable gameplan for the Bears. If grossman can throw on that single high safety man coverage on the outside they can hit some big play or complete some passes to keep Indy off balance.

I do think that this superbowl could be decided early. If they can get up on the bears early it could spell trouble because the bears will not be able to line up and run the ball 2 times in a row and then dump off a PA pass to the FB in the flat.

For the colts I think they will keep the bears off balance and have their way with them more and more with each possession.

That is my take.

Baghead #2

#7 : January 31, 2007, 08:13:14 PM

COLTS 23 & BEARS 21

Vinateri will once again be the game ending hero with a minute or two left.

#8 : January 31, 2007, 08:29:34 PM

I don't get how everyone thinks because the game is outside the Colts will suddenly stink it up. It's in MIAMI and the turf is apparently in excellent shape. Anyway, Colts will win 34-17. Devon Hester will have a big game, but Grossman will struggle in trying to keep pace with Peyton and throw int's. I think Jeff Saturday will have a great game and neutralize the middle of that Bears defense, giving Addai and Rhodes room to run successfully.

fsubob

Second String

#9 : January 31, 2007, 11:46:30 PM

Bears 27-20.  (or 26-20)

1. Colts don't perform as well on real grass. 
2. Could possibly rain a little (good for the Bears). 
3. Defensive teams usually do better at winning championships.
4. Bears should pressure Manning into throwing at least three INTs.
5. Manning has been throwing a lot of INTs lately.
6. Hester may not go all the way, but should give Bears great field position most of the time.
7. Either way, both Coaches deserve the Championship.

corporal.clegg

Second String

#10 : January 31, 2007, 11:49:06 PM

Bears 34 Colts 20
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Predictions - What's your take on the game? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools