Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: It's possible to draft Okoye AND Carriker « previous next »
Page: 1 2

shall555

Starter

: January 31, 2007, 03:09:46 PM

As we all know the Bucs are in desperate need of DL. I think we'll need as many as 4 new faces this year on the line, and I believe the Bucs will find some way to draft 2-3 DL from the North squad this year and sign a veteran DE, whether it's Justin Smith or Charles Grant. Maybe both and trade Sim? His cap value could pay for both. LOL.

If Thomas and Johnson go #1 and #2, which is highly likely, with Moss cursing out Lane Kiffin and Porter wanting out, and the Lions in love with Thomas, the Bucs could end up with 2 franchise QBs, and a RB to choose from, neither which we want or need. I think the Bucs should trade down, if this happens, with a team like Houston @ #8, for their 2nd rounder (40) and David Carr. Houston could take Jamarcus Russell or Quinn. The Bucs could then draft Amobi Okoye @ #8 and then trade their two high 2nd rounders (35 and 40) to move up into the first round, like San Francisco did last year, when they moved, ahead of us, to nab Manny Lawson. Going by the draft value chart, the two high 2nds are worth 1050 points and we could trade all the way up to the #15-21 spots. Our draft could then look like:

#1 (7) Amobi Okoye DT - Got the Caddy vibe from this guy. He could be Sapp lite.

#1 (15-21) Adam Carriker DE/DT - Dominated. I think the Bucs might even consider him @ 7. Future Rice replacement. UT on 3rd downs. Could be our fulltime UT if we sign a player like Charles Grant and keep Rice. Kiffin wants to get bigger.

#2 (61 or 62) Aaron Rouse S - A younger, athletically gifted Bolden.

#3 (67) Josh Beekman C/G/T - Very versatile, received excellent coaching @ BC. Was Trueblood's teammate.

#4 (99) Stewart Bradley LB - Voted team captain at the Senior Bowl and was Ruud's teammate.

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#1 : January 31, 2007, 03:12:05 PM

I like the plan, but for the 2nd rounder, I would rather have Weddle

but if we got Carriker and Okoye i would be very happy

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#2 : January 31, 2007, 03:13:42 PM

im all for it well have a dominating d-line once again

marlevr

Second String
#3 : January 31, 2007, 03:14:03 PM

But who would give their 1st round pick away??? New England that has 2 maybe?

#4 : January 31, 2007, 03:16:01 PM

Carriker in R1? Please no.

shall555

Starter

#5 : January 31, 2007, 03:18:31 PM

I like the plan, but for the 2nd rounder, I would rather have Weddle

but if we got Carriker and Okoye i would be very happy

This draft is so deep at safety. I'll take any good one in the 2nd. I like Weddle and think he'd be a steal. I had the Bucs drafting Rouse, because of the way Raheem Morris was raving about him during Senior Bowl week, but I'll be happy with any safety drafted.

shall555

Starter

#6 : January 31, 2007, 03:19:58 PM

Carriker is R1 material, especially after tearing it up all week and in the game.

marlevr

Second String
#7 : January 31, 2007, 03:23:31 PM

What's the problem with Carriker in R1?

#8 : January 31, 2007, 03:25:16 PM

I don't think Carriker would fit in this scheme honestly. I see him as a 3-4 DE.

marlevr

Second String
#9 : January 31, 2007, 03:34:53 PM

They tried him at UT and had success there. He can work on out system and brings great size and motor.

dm4bucs

Starter
#10 : January 31, 2007, 04:09:15 PM

I would love this draft and carriker excelled in both positions during the senior bowl in most practice breakdowns and probably was the most dominant DE at the bowl...plays with a good motor and has the size to play UT or DE...would be great pick for us in middle to late first round b/c there is no chance of him being there at our 2nd pick anymore

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#11 : January 31, 2007, 07:04:45 PM

Rouse is nothing like Bolden, that is a bad comparison. Rouse is like a Sean Taylor, with the strength speed and hitting power. The only thing Rouse and Bolden have in common is they are both tall. I have heard that comparison before and I'm not sure why they would be compared, they don't even play the same position. All the same I love the kid and hope we can land him because we sure need an big intimidation factor in the secondary and Rouse would be that guy.

Baghead #2

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#12 : January 31, 2007, 07:13:08 PM

Good post.  Also the Bucs could trade down with Miami at 9.  Whoever it is in that range, their 2nd round pick. Then in any case yes two second rounders could get us back up to the 15-25 range depending on which of them we traded. 

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer

#13 : January 31, 2007, 11:49:42 PM

I love it!!!  Why not take both in round 1.  carriker's moved way up after senior bowl re kiper's list.  i'd be very very happy with those two.;  can we fit reggie nelson in?

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#14 : February 01, 2007, 12:24:36 AM

why not just trade all three second round picks and move up to get a De like Adams or Anderson trade all three second round picks with the Redskins who could use the picks and would let the Bucs draft a true DE and an UT. then trade Rice for a second rounder and get either a S or best player that would give the Bucs to good prospects on the D-line then sign Smith and Grant

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: It's possible to draft Okoye AND Carriker « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools