Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Off-season Plan « previous next »
Page: 1 2

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

: January 31, 2007, 03:19:37 PM

http://www.nflfans.com/buccaneers1/article.php?story=20070131141008594

Sort of long but it is a slow day at the office.

In the article I talk about sorting the FA's into tiers based on Scouts Inc's ratings of them. If you have any interest in seeing that breakdown PM me and I'll send you a copy of the spreadsheet so you can play GM Jr as well.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

marlevr

Second String
#1 : January 31, 2007, 03:33:01 PM

Great discussion although I think we'll get at least one big name FA. I understand you dont want to get into bidding wars but maybe we can get more for less based on all the perks of playing for Tampa (weather, training facility, no state tax, etc).

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 31, 2007, 03:37:29 PM

good stuff. I don't think Colemans a FA, heard this before and found out it's a mistake.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#3 : January 31, 2007, 03:44:02 PM

good stuff. I don't think Colemans a FA, heard this before and found out it's a mistake.

The who is and who isn't an FA info right now isn't really good because I couldn't find two sites that agreed 100%. This site listed Tra Thomas as a FA but I thought that sounded crazy so I checked on that and that appears to be wrong as well if anyone digs through the list.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

#4 : January 31, 2007, 03:48:54 PM

Very nice read Dal, I look forward to your mock draft.

#5 : January 31, 2007, 03:52:32 PM

Yes, well thought out sound reasoning. Redding should be a top target IMO but not sure if Rod is going to let him get away. I would add P Buc into the equation as well, but I'm sure he's rated too low to make the list.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 31, 2007, 03:59:11 PM

Thanks for sending the spreadsheet Dal, good work.

dm4bucs

Starter
#7 : January 31, 2007, 04:00:49 PM

Nice read Dalbuc...can't wait to see the mock draft tomorrow...hope you link it back to this site ;)

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#8 : January 31, 2007, 06:31:07 PM

Yes, well thought out sound reasoning. Redding should be a top target IMO but not sure if Rod is going to let him get away. I would add P Buc into the equation as well, but I'm sure he's rated too low to make the list.

P-Buc is down the list. Redding is the best fit for what we want to do. I'm sure Rod makes a play for him but frankly I think the soft factors (Tampa > Detroit in a laugher of a comparison) might work big in our favor there if the money gets close.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#9 : January 31, 2007, 07:02:04 PM

Brahm retired didn't he?

Baghead #2

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#10 : January 31, 2007, 07:06:23 PM

Brahm retired didn't he?

Might have, he still shows on the CIN depth chart though: http://www.nfl.com/teams/depthcharts/CIN but is hurt.

DeadmenTNT

Starter
#11 : January 31, 2007, 07:36:33 PM

The PR plan targets Justin Smith at DE. You target Kelsay. You didn't mention Smith. Are you thinking he is in the Grant monetary category?

Doctor StrangeJosh or How I Stopped Caring About Completion Pct and Learned to Love the Bomb - J C DeLatorre

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#12 : January 31, 2007, 07:45:04 PM

The PR plan targets Justin Smith at DE. You target Kelsay. You didn't mention Smith. Are you thinking he is in the Grant monetary category?

He's rated in the same tier as Kelsay actually. I chose Kelsay over him because I think Kelsay is similar to Smith in production but will be cheaper and Kelsay is LDE not RDE and I want a more explosive player at RDE than Smith is.

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#13 : January 31, 2007, 09:51:22 PM

Thanks Dal...I appreciate the info.

You must be accountable for your actions!

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#14 : January 31, 2007, 09:54:08 PM

Can anyone explain mock drafts to me?  Mock--phony, fake, not real.  They mean crap. And even if they are done 'logically' the FO rarely follows logic.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Off-season Plan « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools