Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Off-season Plan « previous next »
Page: 1 2

#15 : January 31, 2007, 09:57:17 PM

Can anyone explain mock drafts to me? Mock--phony, fake, not real. They mean crap. And even if they are done 'logically' the FO rarely follows logic.
Basically it's to get a feel of the football educated's (or the uneducated if you want a laugh or two) thoughts on what will occur in the draft, most look at them as a way of evalutating a players stock more so than an accurate selection, basically it's a large collection of litmus tests.

#16 : January 31, 2007, 10:13:06 PM

Yes, well thought out sound reasoning. Redding should be a top target IMO but not sure if Rod is going to let him get away. I would add P Buc into the equation as well, but I'm sure he's rated too low to make the list.

P-Buc is down the list. Redding is the best fit for what we want to do. I'm sure Rod makes a play for him but frankly I think the soft factors (Tampa > Detroit in a laugher of a comparison) might work big in our favor there if the money gets close.

How true.

Yeah, saw PBuc and he has a chance to be a good CB with his upside, esp now that Morris is back.

Good chance Redding would flourish in TB.

He's not mentioned here much, but I think Huard would be a good fit and wouldn't be surprised if they targeted him. 

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#17 : January 31, 2007, 10:29:24 PM

I've got to see the mock draft now.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#18 : February 01, 2007, 08:13:08 AM

The PR plan targets Justin Smith at DE. You target Kelsay. You didn't mention Smith. Are you thinking he is in the Grant monetary category?

He's rated in the same tier as Kelsay actually. I chose Kelsay over him because I think Kelsay is similar to Smith in production but will be cheaper and Kelsay is LDE not RDE and I want a more explosive player at RDE than Smith is.
Smith has had trouble with the law, too.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#19 : February 01, 2007, 08:49:05 AM

He's rated in the same tier as Kelsay actually. I chose Kelsay over him because I think Kelsay is similar to Smith in production but will be cheaper and Kelsay is LDE not RDE and I want a more explosive player at RDE than Smith is.
Smith has had trouble with the law, too.

Yeah I didn't mention that but Leonard Little was also completely off my list. I don't care how many sacks you drop if you kill someone i don't want you on my team.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#20 : February 01, 2007, 08:50:45 AM

Can anyone explain mock drafts to me?  Mock--phony, fake, not real.  They mean crap. And even if they are done 'logically' the FO rarely follows logic.

F....U......N

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Off-season Plan « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools