Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: He is big, fast, smart, sure-handed, runs exact routes and is intensely comp... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

#15 : January 31, 2007, 08:15:39 PM

He is quickly growing on me and looks so much stronger and faster than Mike Williams was.

#16 : January 31, 2007, 08:33:05 PM

Would you really want to pass up a guy that is just as talented as TO, without all the bad stuff? And enough of this whole concept of not drafting a wide receiver because we have no qb to get the ball downfield. We have that qb in Chris Simms, and we will also have a quality veteran brought in in free agency. Hell Tim Rattay can get the ball down the field well enough.

#17 : January 31, 2007, 08:34:23 PM

Calvin Johnson and.............Randy Moss maybe(Simms would have a field day with those two)??  ;)

#18 : January 31, 2007, 08:36:16 PM

Calvin Johnson and.............Randy Moss maybe(Simms would have a field day with those two)??  ;)
Honestly I'd only want one or the other, you bring in both you're making CJ the third or Galloway the third since Moss isn't going to accept that. In further effect you're taking snaps away from Stovall and Warren, a no-no in my mind.

#19 : January 31, 2007, 08:37:57 PM

True; and wether anyone believes it or not Maurice Stovall is a future STUD receiver in the making(if he's used right).

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#20 : January 31, 2007, 08:41:25 PM

Calvin Johnson and.............Randy Moss maybe(Simms would have a field day with those two)?? ;)
Honestly I'd only want one or the other, you bring in both you're making CJ the third or Galloway the third since Moss isn't going to accept that. In further effect you're taking snaps away from Stovall and Warren, a no-no in my mind.

Even by adding one of them you are already taking snaps away.  We rarely have more than 2WRs on the field on 1st and 2nd downs, meaning Stovall will be on the bench.  Even going 4 WRs on 3rd down, CJ + Joey + Stovall + Ike means no snaps for Warren or Clayton.

#21 : January 31, 2007, 08:43:01 PM

Calvin Johnson and.............Randy Moss maybe(Simms would have a field day with those two)?? ;)

Even by adding one of them you are already taking snaps away.  We rarely have more than 2WRs on the field on 1st and 2nd downs, meaning Stovall will be on the bench.  Even going 4 WRs on 3rd down, CJ + Joey + Stovall + Ike means no snaps for Warren or Clayton.
I have to believe that Warren takes Ike's job next camp...especially if we keep Mark Jones or just a KR / PR speciality player.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#22 : January 31, 2007, 08:49:27 PM

Even by adding one of them you are already taking snaps away. We rarely have more than 2WRs on the field on 1st and 2nd downs, meaning Stovall will be on the bench. Even going 4 WRs on 3rd down, CJ + Joey + Stovall + Ike means no snaps for Warren or Clayton.
I have to believe that Warren takes Ike's job next camp...especially if we keep Mark Jones or just a KR / PR speciality player.

I've got no problem with that at all.  I'd love to see Warren get more PT.  I just think Joey+Stovall+Warren is solid enough to get a look this season without using a #1 pick.  And that's not even counting whatever happens with Clayton.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#23 : January 31, 2007, 08:49:37 PM

If you have CJ then to hell with Stovall and Warren.  If we got CJ we would have the now plus the future whereas with Warren and Stovall we only have the future.

Even by adding one of them you are already taking snaps away.  We rarely have more than 2WRs on the field on 1st and 2nd downs, meaning Stovall will be on the bench.  Even going 4 WRs on 3rd down, CJ + Joey + Stovall + Ike means no snaps for Warren or Clayton.

But if we had CJ who cares if Warren gets snaps?  That would allow Clayton and Stovall to duke it out in camp for the 3rd WR position and the other one gets to go bye bye.  He would not be missed because we would have Calvin Johnson.

#24 : January 31, 2007, 08:51:56 PM

Even by adding one of them you are already taking snaps away. We rarely have more than 2WRs on the field on 1st and 2nd downs, meaning Stovall will be on the bench. Even going 4 WRs on 3rd down, CJ + Joey + Stovall + Ike means no snaps for Warren or Clayton.

I've got no problem with that at all. I'd love to see Warren get more PT. I just think Joey+Stovall+Warren is solid enough to get a look this season without using a #1 pick. And that's not even counting whatever happens with Clayton.
I really don't disagree with that thinking.

#25 : January 31, 2007, 08:55:49 PM

I think I have seen ENOUGH of Michael Clayton in 3 years, and he looks more and more like a "one hit wonder" that needs to be traded or released in the Spring or Summer of this year. >:(

#26 : January 31, 2007, 09:00:00 PM

Leeroy, I think your view on Jazz and Mo is a little more realistic, and I'm probably being optimistic thinking both could easily step into the 2-3 slots and be productive instantly, but those last few game gave me some hope.

T

Hall of Famer

#27 : January 31, 2007, 09:25:20 PM

Calvin Johnson or Brady Quinn should be the only options if Russell & Thomas go 1 and 2. NO defensive player is worthy of a Top 3 or 4 selection in this draft from what I've seen.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#28 : January 31, 2007, 10:19:05 PM

Gaines ADams.

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#29 : January 31, 2007, 10:45:12 PM

Jon Grudens WCO offense, 5 yard slant patterns/YAC's is a waste for Calvin Johnson here

We need a safety and a DT

We need a WR too. Galloway and Ike aren't getting any younger. That leaves you Clayton, Stovall, and Warren-- you comfortable with that???

Not that you didn't totally whiff on Gruden only runs 5 yd slants but the fact of the matter is CJ has the size, Speed, and the hands to break 5 yd slants wide open. Everything about the guy says he has the talent to create YAC.

IMO after Russell and Thomas it has to be CJ, or Gaines Adams, maybe Okoye if he stars at the combines.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: He is big, fast, smart, sure-handed, runs exact routes and is intensely comp... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools