Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: He is big, fast, smart, sure-handed, runs exact routes and is intensely comp... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

psymun

Starter
#30 : January 31, 2007, 11:20:04 PM

We need a WR too. Galloway and Ike aren't getting any younger. That leaves you Clayton, Stovall, and Warren-- you comfortable with that???

Not that you didn't totally whiff on Gruden only runs 5 yd slants but the fact of the matter is CJ has the size, Speed, and the hands to break 5 yd slants wide open. Everything about the guy says he has the talent to create YAC.

IMO after Russell and Thomas it has to be CJ, or Gaines Adams, maybe Okoye if he stars at the combines.

Show me a clip where CJ took a slant and made some serious YAC with it... Hell, show me a clip where he had REAL separation other than a player falling down...

T

Hall of Famer

#31 : January 31, 2007, 11:33:44 PM

Psymun-You must not have watched to much football if you didn't notice CJ, creating plenty of seperation against defenders all year long. Also, look at the QB he had throwing to him. If CJ was on USC or OSU or a team with a QB who had the tools to play the position he would have had some truly disgusting stats.

#32 : January 31, 2007, 11:36:56 PM

Are the same people that are crying out for Calvin Johnson the same ones that cried out for Mike Williams?

Are you kidding? Mike Williams doesnt even enter my mind when I see Calvin Johnson. I was never greatly impressed by Mike Williams in high school (off the basketball court) and to me he was far from being the great college prospect some made him out to be. Hell I think Greg Lee from Chamberlain was nearly as good a prospect coming out of PItt. Calvin Johnson is a beast. Like Ive heard before, he really is Larry Fitzgerald plus 3 inches.

boredomkills01

Pro Bowler

#33 : January 31, 2007, 11:52:35 PM

Jon Grudens WCO offense, 5 yard slant patterns/YAC's is a waste for Calvin Johnson here

We need a safety and a DT

We could land a solid WR perfect for our offense in rd 2

CJ will turn into the next BMW here

Grad's got a horrible deep ball.. Simms can do it, but he gets rattled to much. We gotta start getting players to replace Brooks, Barber , Kelly .. Those guys are at the tail ends of their careers and not the same.

We need to select Alan Branch in rd 1 and take someone like DeWayne Bowe from LSU or Robert Meachem from Tenn in rd 2

Our run defense is horrible. Alan Branch is gonna be a pro bowler, We got Reggie Bush and some good solid runners in our division we gotta stop

Calvin Johnson is a one trick pony like Moss, downfield... Gruden is a big believer in TOP, and loves to chew up the clock with YAC yards

Calvin Johnson should not be our pick.. We can get a solid, big powerful fast WR in rd 2, this years draft is WR heavy

Lets build this defense up before Brooks and Barber and Kelly leave, because if we dont... We are gonna suck serious major open arse on defense. Doesnt matter if Calvin does score, wont help if we are giving up more than we get.

Dude I'm not necessarily on the CJ bandwagon or anything but some of the crap you are saying is retarted.....

Are you honestly saying that the combination of Calvin Johnson and Joey galloway, With Simms throwing to em, caddy running and maybe a FA o-line Acquisition would not improve the O...

You really honestly think we need to draft another michael clayton??? I dont remember who it was earlier that was saying some ppl act like bucs players have to be of a certain mold... Recievers have to be Bulky Slant route Sure handed guys or else they wont work out?... 

you seem to make obvious points and use them to somehow justify your shpeal of crap

WTF?

$$$

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#34 : January 31, 2007, 11:58:05 PM

In the pros, Calvin Johnson might be Keyshawn Johnson with a much better attitude.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#35 : January 31, 2007, 11:59:55 PM

By the way, check this video. Some of his catches seem totally unreal.

T

Hall of Famer

#36 : February 01, 2007, 12:12:14 AM

By the way, check this video. Some of his catches seem totally unreal.

Those are some sick catches!

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#37 : February 01, 2007, 12:14:48 AM

Here's a couple of quick clips for psymun. Maybe not exactly what he's looking for, but nice anyhow:

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#38 : February 01, 2007, 12:44:15 AM

We need a WR too. Galloway and Ike aren't getting any younger. That leaves you Clayton, Stovall, and Warren-- you comfortable with that???

Not that you didn't totally whiff on Gruden only runs 5 yd slants but the fact of the matter is CJ has the size, Speed, and the hands to break 5 yd slants wide open. Everything about the guy says he has the talent to create YAC.

IMO after Russell and Thomas it has to be CJ, or Gaines Adams, maybe Okoye if he stars at the combines.

Show me a clip where CJ took a slant and made some serious YAC with it... Hell, show me a clip where he had REAL separation other than a player falling down...

Look above and click on the links, the guy gets seperation, uses his body to box out the defender, uses his leap to go over defenders, uses his speed to pull away from defenders, has great hands, and on several clips made a move and flat burnt several defenders for YAC. The tapes dont lie.

Question should be, do the same people that compare CJ to BMW even watch college football???

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
#39 : February 01, 2007, 01:18:12 AM

Ugh, I'm tired of these topics...yet I still read them...

Seriously though, there is no way to tell who's gonna do what.  We're just going to have to trust Gruden and Allen.  They know what they're doing!

#40 : February 01, 2007, 08:28:31 AM

Are the same people that are crying out for Calvin Johnson the same ones that cried out for Mike Williams?

Mike Williams was nowhere near a 4.4/40

#41 : February 01, 2007, 08:31:19 AM

But if we had CJ who cares if Warren gets snaps?  That would allow Clayton and Stovall to duke it out in camp for the 3rd WR position and the other one gets to go bye bye.  He would not be missed because we would have Calvin Johnson.

CJ would run circles around Clayton and Stovall

BucLord

Starter

#42 : February 01, 2007, 09:02:14 AM

Jon Grudens WCO offense, 5 yard slant patterns/YAC's is a waste for Calvin Johnson here

We need a safety and a DT

We could land a solid WR perfect for our offense in rd 2

CJ will turn into the next BMW here

Grad's got a horrible deep ball.. Simms can do it, but he gets rattled to much. We gotta start getting players to replace Brooks, Barber , Kelly .. Those guys are at the tail ends of their careers and not the same.

We need to select Alan Branch in rd 1 and take someone like DeWayne Bowe from LSU or Robert Meachem from Tenn in rd 2

Our run defense is horrible. Alan Branch is gonna be a pro bowler, We got Reggie Bush and some good solid runners in our division we gotta stop

Calvin Johnson is a one trick pony like Moss, downfield... Gruden is a big believer in TOP, and loves to chew up the clock with YAC yards

Calvin Johnson should not be our pick.. We can get a solid, big powerful fast WR in rd 2, this years draft is WR heavy

Lets build this defense up before Brooks and Barber and Kelly leave, because if we dont... We are gonna suck serious major open arse on defense. Doesnt matter if Calvin does score, wont help if we are giving up more than we get.

Are you honestly saying that the combination of Calvin Johnson and Joey galloway, With Simms throwing to em, caddy running and maybe a FA o-line Acquisition would not improve the O...

WTF?

Well for 1, I might be all for taking him if we had a different style of offense. Those batted balls that you saw from Simms and Bruce? 2 step release passes. Defenses are starting to reconize and defend our offense simply by putting up their hands and batting down balls, it was'nt Simms fault. The last 8 years, 34 WR's have been taken in rd 1, only one has produced more than a 1000 yards his rookie season. Anquan Bolden. 1 out of those 34. Toss those odds in with the WCO and it's highly unlikely CJ gets 600 yards next year in a Buc uniform. He's simply a downfield WR ala Moss. You sure you wanna burn the #3 pick on a guy and send him across the middle? I dont. If we had an opened up downfield passing game I would be all over taking him, fact is we simply dont.

#2, Caddillac to me has'nt proven anything yet. 2 years and 7 TD's?. He cant stay healty

#3 FA? There aint alot out there for the OL, you can forget about Eric Steinbach, the Bengals will re-sign him or tag him

And just to note. I happen to think Simms and this offense were doing pretty good until he got hurt.

I am more concerned about getting this defense back to par. I can understand everybody on the CJ wagon, it certainly is a sexy pic, as a Buc fan I happen to have my own opinion than most here and think that drafting a DT and a safety are the priorities.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marcia, Marcia, Marcia

It's always about Marcia

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#43 : February 01, 2007, 09:03:53 AM

Mike Williams was nowhere near a 4.4/40

right you are, BMW's best 40 time was a 4.5-- but he ran mostly 4.57-4.60

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#44 : February 01, 2007, 09:07:52 AM

You thought this offense was doing pretty well before Simms got hurt? You mean when they got shut out? Was it the 7 INT's they had?

Ask anyone here, I was the anti-christ on this board for not wanting BMW because he was a slimmed down TE and that his skills wouldn't translate to the NFL. I know how to not want a WR. I understand their lack of production as rookies and I think you are right that Calvin gets about 600 yards in this offense.

I agree with all that and you are still wrong. Calvin isn't a one trick pony, he's a good route runner who is also a deep threat. Usually you get deep threat (Galloway) or good route runner (Clayton or Clayton at one time) but getting both (Holt, Harrison) is the big win for your team. Calvin isn't plan A for me and he might not be plan B but he is a spectacular prospect .

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: He is big, fast, smart, sure-handed, runs exact routes and is intensely comp... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools