Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tme for a "New Music" thread. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 12

jsunm73

Pro Bowler

: September 10, 2009, 12:41:12 AM

I just bought the latest Jet album. It is not bad but not great either. The first 4 songs are good then the rest are a mixed bag. It seems to be missing something. It seems kind of trebley to me. I had to turn down the treble on my radio to make it sound right. It kind of sounds too clean compared to their 1st 2 albums. Maybe it will grow on me. Overall I give it a 6 1/2. Does anyone else like them?

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

#1 : April 17, 2009, 11:53:59 PM

Personally I like to get my day started off on the right foot with this tune!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#2 : April 16, 2009, 12:07:04 AM

In honor of OpTiOnMaStA, who no longer esides amongst us, but who graciously started a nice thread about new music before he went on to become a lawyer...

So, does anyone have any new music they would like to share?

I only have one.  Makes me want to dance like an idiot in front of my girlffriend...ha ha ha!

Please share some of your faves.  Time to add more songs to my Ipod!  Only 6 gigs to go!  Ha ha ha!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#3 : April 16, 2009, 12:14:06 AM

Yeah yeah...not a big fan of Megadeth.  BUt this song has a nice crunchy guitar riff, and his nasally snarl actually accents the song nicely...in a metal way of course.  Love playing this guitar riff...my GF does not like it as much...ha ha ha!

I would have played this song out of my Abrahams Tank speaker system as I rolled through Baghdad (if I was a tank driver)...can you imagine, lolz!

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#4 : April 16, 2009, 12:28:56 AM

Hopefully no repeats:

Joe Strummer & The Mescaleros - "Tony Adams":
The Ting Tings - Shut Up and Let Me Go:
Big Youth - Hit the Road Jack:
Eagles of Death Metal - Miss Allisa:
Arctic Monkeys - Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor
Babyshambles - Delivery:
Ghostland Observatory - Sad Sad City:

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#5 : April 16, 2009, 12:41:26 AM

Like the Ting Tings...reminds me of european music, or the mid 80's stuff.  None of my friends dig this sort of stuff, but I think it is great...I play Depeche Mode, and dudes grunt...ha ha ha!

Joe Strummer is classic man.

And dude from Ghostland looks American Indian.  Not that it matters, but I have never really seen that before (I think).

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#6 : April 16, 2009, 12:56:55 AM

Some more old stuff, but I love the song anyway.  Has always caused a bit of controversy...but it is real mellow, for you Percy Harvin types.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#7 : April 16, 2009, 01:04:53 AM

the music I like is probably to heavy or not mainstream enough, so i wont bother to post

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#8 : April 16, 2009, 01:08:01 AM

Some more old stuff, but I love the song anyway.  Has always caused a bit of controversy...but it is real mellow, for you Percy Harvin types.

Lou is a classic. If you can go Lou go all the way to Tom Waits:

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#9 : April 16, 2009, 01:12:28 AM

Some more old stuff, but I love the song anyway.  Has always caused a bit of controversy...but it is real mellow, for you Percy Harvin types.

I really DIG Tom Waits.  That voice is awesome.  I screw my voice up all the time screwing around singing Tom Waits!  LMAO!!

I got odd taste in tunes man. 

And Oregon, you might as well post your stuff.  I jam on Slayer and Slipknot all the time.  It is weight lifting music...damn I need to get back in the gym man.

Music is music.  I love it all.  I even listen to country, because lately my daughter hogs the radio, and she refuses to listen to anything else...we argue about the worth of rock V. country all the time.  I have never won.  But I always flash the devil horns...lol!  (She is eight, almost nine, and  she rolls her eyes at me)

BTW Dal, that is one screwy song man!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#10 : April 16, 2009, 01:14:13 AM

One of my Tom Waits favorites.  Slow and melancholy.  He has a ton of texture in his songs...a lot of mild layering that adds to a feel.  Sorry...getting to sloppy describing music.  Just like his story telling I guess.  Mostly.

" Go ahead and call the cops...You don't meet nice girls in coffeeee shops..."  Love it.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer
#11 : April 16, 2009, 01:20:12 AM

I finally learned to appreciate Jim Croce.
Operator -
I Got a Name-  

The Obama anthem-  Natty - The King Had A Dream..

Some great old unappreciated Pearl Jam
Pearl Jam - Red Mosquito

Pearl Jam "In My Tree"

Pearl Jam - Who You Are

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#12 : April 16, 2009, 01:25:15 AM

I really DIG Tom Waits.  That voice is awesome.  I screw my voice up all the time screwing around singing Tom Waits!  LMAO!!

I got odd taste in tunes man. 

And Oregon, you might as well post your stuff.  I jam on Slayer and Slipknot all the time.  It is weight lifting music...damn I need to get back in the gym man.

Music is music.  I love it all.  I even listen to country, because lately my daughter hogs the radio, and she refuses to listen to anything else...we argue about the worth of rock V. country all the time.  I have never won.  But I always flash the devil horns...lol!  (She is eight, almost nine, and  she rolls her eyes at me)

slipknot is ok...

The Ghost Inside (hardcore)
It Prevails (positive hardcore, good friends)
American Me (pissed off hardcore, good dudes)
Suicide Silence (death metal)
Parkway drive

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#13 : April 16, 2009, 01:29:23 AM

Croce is cool.  Haven't heard him in a while.  

Never heard Who You are, but I like that.  Thanks for sharing.  

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#14 : April 16, 2009, 01:32:58 AM

Some more old stuff, but I love the song anyway.� Has always caused a bit of controversy...but it is real mellow, for you Percy Harvin types.

I really DIG Tom Waits.� That voice is awesome.� I screw my voice up all the time screwing around singing Tom Waits!� LMAO!!

I got odd taste in tunes man.�

And Oregon, you might as well post your stuff.� I jam on Slayer and Slipknot all the time.� It is weight lifting music...damn I need to get back in the gym man.

Music is music.� I love it all.� I even listen to country, because lately my daughter hogs the radio, and she refuses to listen to anything else...we argue about the worth of rock V. country all the time.� I have never won.� But I always flash the devil horns...lol!� (She is eight, almost nine, and� she rolls her eyes at me)

slipknot is ok...

The Ghost Inside (hardcore)
It Prevails (positive hardcore, good friends)
American Me (pissed off hardcore, good dudes)
Suicide Silence (death metal)
Parkway drive

Page: 1 2 3 ... 12
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tme for a "New Music" thread. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools