Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Serious Issue: The Shame of the League « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Ironphister

Second String

#30 : February 01, 2007, 03:07:44 PM

yeah - that's pretty crappy.  it'll be interesting to see how this gets played out.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#31 : February 01, 2007, 03:15:24 PM

i dont think the millionaires of these days deserve any pension...if you get 30 million and you cant save some youre worthless... now the older fellas that didnt get paid, the league should care just a wee bit more

that's an interesting way to look at it.

I think the league has to take care of players when they sustain life long injuries due to playing the game, it's just good buisness. They take in 3 billion a year, I'm sure some of that could be allocated to an account for these situations.
Man it never ends with you. Will you drink the player's bath water too? I agree with KrAzYbUc Don't buy gold teeth, gold chains, spinning hubcaps and lots of whores, and you won't be broke when you retire.

The old guys that paved the way for these young reckless, unappreciative athletes need to step up and pay.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#32 : February 01, 2007, 03:39:35 PM

i dont think the millionaires of these days deserve any pension...if you get 30 million and you cant save some youre worthless... now the older fellas that didnt get paid, the league should care just a wee bit more

that's an interesting way to look at it.

I think the league has to take care of players when they sustain life long injuries due to playing the game, it's just good buisness. They take in 3 billion a year, I'm sure some of that could be allocated to an account for these situations.
Man it never ends with you. Will you drink the player's bath water too? I agree with KrAzYbUc Don't buy gold teeth, gold chains, spinning hubcaps and lots of whores, and you won't be broke when you retire.

The old guys that paved the way for these young reckless, unappreciative athletes need to step up and pay.
Actually buying gold teeth, spinners, some bling and whores doesn't affect the account that much.  It is the buying 8 cars, and 12 mill house that will do you in...eventually.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#33 : February 01, 2007, 04:07:35 PM

I think the league has to take care of players when they sustain life long injuries due to playing the game

Thats the key.... the injuries they sustain due to playing the game. And Krazybuc, these guys didn't make $30 mil.

and i said, the older guys that didnt make that money the nfl should care more....read throught the WHOLE post next time

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#34 : February 01, 2007, 06:01:46 PM

Nice. We're discussing a serious issue here and you throw in a Jesus link?
Maybe Jesus should be taking care of these former players. And you wonder
why so many people are down on organized religion?

blitz

Pro Bowler
#35 : February 01, 2007, 06:15:22 PM

Nice. We're discussing a serious issue here and you throw in a Jesus link?
Maybe Jesus should be taking care of these former players. And you wonder
why so many people are down on organized religion?

sorry joe.  thought I was on the thread regarding the NFL and the church.  my bad.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#36 : February 01, 2007, 06:22:54 PM

Where is that thread?

blitz

Pro Bowler
#37 : February 01, 2007, 06:27:24 PM

http://bbs.pewterreport.com/index.php?topic=5054.0

redtab78

Pro Bowler
#38 : February 01, 2007, 06:30:16 PM

I think Im gonna buy out the NFL and run it MY way...........Excellent read though

Anyone who thinks Tim Tebow will be a great NFL QB is an idiot.

catch2355

Practice Squad

#39 : February 01, 2007, 08:16:43 PM

when i saw the title of this thread i thought it was about the raiders ;D 

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#40 : February 01, 2007, 10:11:38 PM

There is a fund for disability that they use to pay lawyers to fight people over disability.  All the fines they levy against players for their socks being a half inch too short or whatever ought to go to a fund for these guys.  And Gene Upshaw should be fired.  He actually said he works for the players playing, not those retired.  Bryan Gumble was right about telling the new comish where he kept Upshaw's leash.  Seems he works more for the owners.

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#41 : February 01, 2007, 11:30:09 PM

Everyone should realize that these guys are not asking for anything extra, they just want what they were promised. The problem is that despite the diagnosis of the NFL's own expert doctors the NFL does not consider them disabled.

But even more ridiculous is the state govt's and federal govt's do find them to be 100% disabled yet the league says they could hold sedentary jobs. Did anyone see the actualy footage?? There is no way  in hell you could tell me that OL who is a HOF'er could hold any job-- did you see his freaking knees. The league wont even cover the medical costs and you know damn well those knee injuries were sustained by his work as an NFL player.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#42 : February 02, 2007, 01:03:46 AM

Instead of showing the player's wives during the game on Sunday, they should have these players
in the stands and cut to them with a graphic underneath them explaining their situation. And
the half time show could be them lifting up their pants and showing their scars. Dobler's knees
are insane. Or, maybe we can just cut to Carrie Underwood in the stands?

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#43 : February 02, 2007, 01:20:20 AM

How about letting them walk out on the field?  So everyone can see how hard it is for them to walk, uh, hobble.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#44 : February 02, 2007, 01:39:40 AM

Instead of showing the player's wives during the game on Sunday, they should have these players
in the stands and cut to them with a graphic underneath them explaining their situation. And
the half time show could be them lifting up their pants and showing their scars. Dobler's knees
are insane. Or, maybe we can just cut to Carrie Underwood in the stands?

Call me cruel and inhumane, but I would rather see Carrie Underwood, than Conrad Dobler's kneecaps...sorry bro.

I mean, I feel the NFL should take care of these guys for their contributions.  To a certain extent.  But in their heyday, they were adored, and paud quite well.  But now that they are banged up, the NFL has an obligation to take care of the guys who made the game watchable, IMO.  Pay his damned medical bills NFL!!!

And dear Goodness, don't show Doblers knees!

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Serious Issue: The Shame of the League « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools