Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mario Henderson « previous next »
Page: 1

psymun

Starter
: February 01, 2007, 07:51:05 AM

Where would you guys rank him... seems to me like a bit of a late bloomer, but with good potential... how late could we draft him?

psymun

Starter
#1 : February 01, 2007, 05:41:59 PM

Does anyone know anything about him? He's the LT for Florida State... I figured some of you FSU homers would be able to give me some insight...

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#2 : February 01, 2007, 05:47:23 PM

At Florida State: Senior who will open the season as the starter at left tackle...selected to the All-ACC preseason second team by The Sporting News...also named to the conference's preseason second team by Athlon Sports...started the final two games of the 2005 season at left tackle when Cory Niblock was lost for the year with a knee injury...received his first start since 2004 Orange Bowl when he opened the game at left tackle in the ACC Championship Game against Virginia Tech...got high praise from the coaching staff after an impressive performance against a very talented Virginia Tech defensive line...saw playing time in all 13 contests last season...also got the starting nod in the Orange Bowl against Penn State ...named the Most Dependable offensive lineman following 2006 spring drills...spent the off-season working out with teammate Jacky Claude, who starts next to him at left guard[/i]

6'8", 307 lbs.

That is all I know about him.

Frank784

Practice Squad
#3 : February 02, 2007, 11:16:52 AM

I go to FSU and to all of the home games, but he's never really stood out to me.  He's a huge and charismatic guy in person though.  Our offensive line as a unit has been pretty bad for the last couple of years, so there really isn't anyone that I'd recommend.  He's solid, but thats really all I know from watching the games, but not watching him directly. Maybe there's someone else who watches the offensive line a little closer that can answer your question.

Pulling Guard

Second String

#4 : February 02, 2007, 11:25:07 AM

He's always struck me as lazy. It took until the end of his RS JR year, before they somewhat lit a fire under him.

And I wasn't real impressed with his play this season. He looks great getting off the bus, but that didn't translate into anything real physical on the field,

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#5 : February 02, 2007, 11:30:12 AM

From what I understand he's got pretty good raw talent but FSU's line has been so atrocious the last few years he'd be a project. Maybe another team could turn him into something but I wouldn't bet on it from anyone employed by the Bucs.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

shall555

Starter

#6 : February 02, 2007, 11:34:31 AM

He's got the size and the potential to be an outstanding OT, like a very raw Tra Thomas. FSU has a knack for producing excellent OTs and might have seen a lot of Walter Jones and Tra Thomas in Mario, when they recruited him. I don't think the light switch has come on for him, but he could be a steal for somebody. Hopefully us, in the later rounds. You can't teach size, which he has plenty of.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#7 : February 02, 2007, 07:42:11 PM

He is definately a project but considering the Bucs have stockpiled projects along the o-line I would prefer to see some polished players brought on board.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mario Henderson « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools