Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Scout.coms top 25 ranked prospect. « previous next »
Page: 1

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

: April 20, 2009, 06:52:37 PM

haha.

then you can have sources!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#1 : April 20, 2009, 06:49:12 PM

Maybin does look itty-bitty in that Picture.

But that was midseason.

At his proday he weighed in at 6-4 252

I wonder if he gained all that weightto  impress the scouts.

Because at various points, he weighed between 230-240.  VERY light.

My brothers friend is getting ready to go to PSU...Curtis Dukes.  Kid is gonna be a pretty good ball player man...I'll be able to get inside scoops on the other guys pretty soon, LOL!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#2 : April 20, 2009, 04:29:09 PM

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/pgStory?contentId=9470106#sport=NFL%20Draft&photo=9320360

Just some more quick reading for you guys...

Man Maybin is small...

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#3 : April 20, 2009, 05:32:00 PM

Maybin is young too. I believe he is 20 years old, and this was his only year starting at Penn St.

BUCFAN60

Starter

#4 : April 20, 2009, 05:37:50 PM

Maybin is over rated

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#5 : April 20, 2009, 05:50:29 PM

Maybin does look itty-bitty in that Picture.

But that was midseason.

At his proday he weighed in at 6-4 252

LFO

Hall of Famer

#6 : April 20, 2009, 07:12:57 PM

Wow, surprised by the Percy comments....seems one of the few who actually acknowledge, despite his "system" and utilization, he runs good routes...and has excellent hands.

Percy Harvin, Florida WR

Scout.com scouting report: Harvin is a dynamic game-breaker who has tremendous versatility on offense and special teams. He has a quick first step and gets separation from the opposition instantly. He runs solid routes, comes back to the ball and flashes excellent hands. He gets vertical, tracks down deep passes and positions himself against defenders to come away with the ball. He comes from a program that hasn't produced an elite WR in recent memory. Durability is a concern.

I can't argue with the last 2 points, as they are true.  But I do think the past WR are irrelevant coming from different coaches/systems, and his durability concerns were largely alleviated with surgery last year on his heel....plus, playing mostly WR the hits will be few and far between and by smaller players. 
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Scout.coms top 25 ranked prospect. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools