Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Offseason Plan - Mock Draft « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

: February 01, 2007, 02:29:50 PM

Part II

The long version:

http://www.nflfans.com/buccaneers1/article.php?story=20070201131800161

The short version:

Gaines Adams DE - Clemson
Joe Staley OT - CMU
Rufus Alexander OLB- OU
Eric Weddle S - Utah
Ben Patrick TE - Delaware
Samson Satele C- Hawaii
Le'Ron McClain FB - Alabama
Deandre Jackson - CB

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

#1 : February 01, 2007, 02:31:55 PM

Not bad, although I think Gaines is a slight reach at 3/4. Wouldn't mind that draft at all.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#2 : February 01, 2007, 02:37:17 PM

Part II

The long version:

http://www.nflfans.com/buccaneers1/article.php?story=20070201131800161

The short version:

Gaines Adams DE - Clemson
Joe Staley OT - CMU
Rufus Alexander OLB- OU
Eric Weddle S - Utah
Ben Patrick TE - Delaware
Le'Ron McClain FB - Alabama
Deandre Jackson - CB

Looks great assuming your FA assumptions work out well (esp Redding at UT).  I'd like to see a Center instead of TE; looks like you made a last-minute adjustment for not having a 6th round pick.

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#3 : February 01, 2007, 02:42:12 PM

Nice work!...If we don't have a sixth round pick would you pick McClain in the fifth...

You must be accountable for your actions!

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#4 : February 01, 2007, 02:45:40 PM

Nice work!...If we don't have a sixth round pick would you pick McClain in the fifth...

Yeah I would but I'm gunning for a compensatory pick in r6 ;)

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Mellow

Starter

#5 : February 01, 2007, 02:48:16 PM

I don't agree with all of this, but appreciate the effort and thought that went into making the choices and justifying them.  

I'd use your same logic about value in R1 and pick Okoye over Adams, because I think this defense needs a strong UT more than a pass-rushing DE, because DE is more easily addressed in FA, and because I think Okoye's a rarer talent within the context of the Bucs' scheme.

Also, although I know it was against one of your rules, if it actually camed to pass as you assumed I'd be pissed if the Bucs didn't manage to pull off some kind of trade.   Every draft seems to have some kind of overhyped guy, and this year it's CJ.  If he magically falls to the Bucs I think there would be a LOT of interest from teams looking to trade up.  

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#6 : February 01, 2007, 02:50:28 PM

Unless the Bucs land a certain DE from Cincy, DE is not easily addressed.

If the Bucs can trade Simeon to Detroit, taking Gaines Adams makes a lot of sense to me (in the PR trade edition).

I have all but counted Freeney out, I doubt it happens.

And a certain someone from Detroit, if added, adds a huge force into the middle of the D-line...

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#7 : February 01, 2007, 02:53:01 PM

BTW Dal, good read.  I dislike the Staley pick very much, but it is a very good read...and Satele is a monster.  They have some beasts on that team...

Shag

Pro Bowler

#8 : February 01, 2007, 03:04:48 PM

Don't like the Staley thing either. There has to be better players available with an early 2nd rounder.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#9 : February 01, 2007, 03:09:41 PM

Good read, don't necessarily agree with the selections to a certain extent but good material to backup your choices.

Baghead #2

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#10 : February 01, 2007, 03:23:57 PM

I like the Staley pick.  He needs a year of pro weight training, but he's got all the makings of a franchise LOT.  Any time you can get that kind of player in round 2 it's hard to pass up.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#11 : February 01, 2007, 04:10:35 PM

I'd be pretty happy with that but I wasn't impressed with Staley at the Senior Bowl. What do you think of Arrom Sears somewhere in round 2 or 3?

Also, it appears Samson Satele didn't make the cliff's notes version.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#12 : February 01, 2007, 04:16:15 PM

I'd be pretty happy with that but I wasn't impressed with Staley at the Senior Bowl. What do you think of Arrom Sears somewhere in round 2 or 3?

Also, it appears Samson Satele didn't make the cliff's notes version.

Sears is just an OG, no one seems to think he's anything else and after we went and used an R1 on an OG last year I think we've used up our quota of high end OG picks. Problem is we might need to get an OG just to fill in while Buenning rehabs or we have more Mahan goodness to look forward to. There are, as usual, plenty of OG's in FA we could get that are NFL quality starters (yet another reason not to draft one really high).

Staley actually had a pretty good Senior Bowl from the reports. He's not rip roaring strong and he needs some time in a big time weight program but other than that he was pretty good, well until the game and I give guys a pass on that game.

I'll update Samson Satele's being missing.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#13 : February 01, 2007, 05:51:11 PM

Well dal, although I like the way you are thinking here with the defense I don't think we'll do that at all. I suppose this is your mock draft and not really a prediction of what you think the Bucs will do but rather what you want them to do. With that said, I think we're looking at another offensive draft this season and I think we would certainly take Calvin Johnson over Gaines Adams.

T

Hall of Famer

#14 : February 01, 2007, 05:54:53 PM

If we draft 3rd Gaines Adams is a horrible pick if we trade down where he is likely to go it would be a nice pick.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Offseason Plan - Mock Draft « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools