Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Offseason Plan - Mock Draft « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#15 : February 01, 2007, 07:00:16 PM

dal great article and love the picks. Will you be doing a similar analysis for free agents?

He posted it yesterday:
http://bbs.pewterreport.com/index.php?topic=5020.0

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#16 : February 01, 2007, 06:39:39 PM

dal great article and love the picks. Will you be doing a similar analysis for free agents?

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#17 : February 01, 2007, 07:43:33 PM

Don't really like the Adams pick at 4 but you make up for it with the other selections.  I'm just not sure Alexander, Weddle, Satelle, or McClain will still be there at those spots.  But if it went done like that it would be a very solid draft with 6 potential starters.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#18 : February 01, 2007, 07:45:56 PM

Sears is just an OG, no one seems to think he's anything else and after we went and used an R1 on an OG last year I think we've used up our quota of high end OG picks. Problem is we might need to get an OG just to fill in while Buenning rehabs or we have more Mahan goodness to look forward to. There are, as usual, plenty of OG's in FA we could get that are NFL quality starters (yet another reason not to draft one really high).
Yeah, I know he worked inside some at the Senior Bowl but I'm still a little stubborn about him having a shot to play left tackle. No way should the Bucs touch him if he's just a guard.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#19 : February 01, 2007, 08:47:41 PM

I actually like that draft coupled along with your FA scenario. Although it worries me that you don't have the Bucs trying to get a QB through FA and I just can't trust Simms after that egg he layed last season.

On a side note, assuming the Bucs end up with the 3rd overall in the draft and suppose the rumors are true and Russell and Thomas are taken by Oak and Det respectively. Would you choose Quinn over Adams or try to trade down(with CJ on the board, I wouldn't be surprised if a team does try to trade up for him)?

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#20 : February 02, 2007, 09:05:34 AM

I actually like that draft coupled along with your FA scenario. Although it worries me that you don't have the Bucs trying to get a QB through FA and I just can't trust Simms after that egg he layed last season.

It pains me too and the argument about getting  a QB on the PI board shows that my heart is in the right place on QB's but I couldn't pull the trigger in this case in the draft. I should have listed it as a consideration though. 

I didn't get another QB in FA but there are guys liie Rattay or Anthony Wright that are below the threshold I was dealing with. The bigger "name" guys like Garcia I don't like. The trade guys like Plummer or Carr I REALLY don't like. The only FA name I'm curious about would be Huard.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#21 : February 02, 2007, 09:08:29 AM

If we draft 3rd Gaines Adams is a horrible pick if we trade down where he is likely to go it would be a nice pick.

I'm not sure why folks are so down on Adams. The grade he carries says that is where you take him and I trust my scouts in this case. Frankly, even in reality I think getting a pass rusher is never a bad thing.

Like I argued in the Rice to Minnesota thread you can see the huge drop in defensive production that not having a pass rush has made for us this year and even when you compare vs the year Kelly was hurt, the drop-off is HUGE. Now not all of that is missing pass rush, our crappy play at S has something to do with that as well, but those same S's were crummy last year but more pass rush hid how bad.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#22 : February 02, 2007, 09:23:54 AM

It pains me too and the argument about getting a QB on the PI board shows that my heart is in the right place on QB's but I couldn't pull the trigger in this case in the draft. I should have listed it as a consideration though.

I didn't get another QB in FA but there are guys liie Rattay or Anthony Wright that are below the threshold I was dealing with. The bigger "name" guys like Garcia I don't like. The trade guys like Plummer or Carr I REALLY don't like. The only FA name I'm curious about would be Huard.
Dal, I know I would be making an assumption here, but I really don't think any team is going to have to trade for Plummer. Everything points to him getting cut.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#23 : February 02, 2007, 09:29:46 AM

Dal, I know I would be making an assumption here, but I really don't think any team is going to have to trade for Plummer. Everything points to him getting cut.

I think DEN tries to trade him and if no one wants to deal then they'll cut him but then again they are in the no veteran backup situation as well. The irony would be any veteran backup they sign to replace Plummer would be someone we could sign as well. So we'd be getting a guy they liked LESS than Plummer?

The big reason I dislike Plummer is he's another SoB scenario. Plummer is good enough to make you think he's better than he is but just like SoB he's also just good enough to sink you when you need him. He's never gonna get you where you want to go and that's why DEN drafted a QB in R1 to replace him and then benched him during a playoff run. Thing is I bet he looks good in practice and he could be the starter and not the backup for us.  I don't trust Simms but unlike Plummer I don't know Simms isn't the man. Plummer is a failed bit.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#24 : February 02, 2007, 09:36:57 AM

It pains me too and the argument about getting a QB on the PI board shows that my heart is in the right place on QB's but I couldn't pull the trigger in this case in the draft. I should have listed it as a consideration though.

I could see the Texans giving up an early 2nd day pick for him.  I wouldn't mind Plummer.  Do I think he's the answer?  NO.  But I could see us being competitive with him in addition to a good draft and a few key FA signings.  Gruden made Gannon into an MVP so you never know.

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#25 : February 02, 2007, 09:39:10 AM

I don't want Plummer here...I was just saying Denver will wind up cutting him because no team is going to trade for someone you're going to cut anyway. Garcia worries me, but I think he's our best option, and I'm not completely against Carr. Depending on what we would have to give up to get Carr, he might actually be our best bet.

#26 : February 02, 2007, 09:47:27 AM

Huard.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#27 : February 02, 2007, 10:42:22 AM

I don't trust Simms but unlike Plummer I don't know Simms isn't the man.
That's some wisdom there and the precise reason Rex Grossman never lost his job.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Pulling Guard

Second String

#28 : February 02, 2007, 11:22:55 AM

Good read, Dal. I appreciate the work you put into this.

Like you, I don't understand the love CJ gets over Adams. I think people just fall inlove with a splash athlete. Like you, my preference is JT, GA, then CJ.

You really think Rice is with us this season? I just hope his lack of production this half season had everything to do with the injury.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#29 : February 02, 2007, 12:05:18 PM

You really think Rice is with us this season? I just hope his lack of production this half season had everything to do with the injury.

If he had all the injuries attributed to him I can see those affecting his performance. I think he's back and we won't need the cap room because we've got plenty. People think we're gonna sign a  ton of big $$$ players but the number of big dollar eligible players is small and the amount of cap money is large. I can't see any team gobbling up a ton of "impact" level free agents because there's gonna be so many bidders. The exception is if we go after Freeney for example where we'll need elitple player money free.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Offseason Plan - Mock Draft « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools