Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Offseason Plan - Mock Draft « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#30 : February 02, 2007, 12:34:52 PM

A month ago, at least a third of the PR boards would have killed for Gaines Adams. I think what has happened is that people have slept on him because of all the focus on the Senior Bowl and guys like Carriker, Okoye, etc.

He'd be a nice pick, and I think the dilemma the Bucs will face, assuming CJ or JT are off the board, is to sit tight and select Jamaal Anderson or Adams, or trade down, add picks and address the DL either with the later first pick or hope that some quality DEs like Spencer fall to them in round 2.

I guess what I'm saying is, is Gaines Adams > Mystery D plus a pick or 2? Tough call.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#31 : February 02, 2007, 04:50:16 PM

I have always been in Gaines' corner so you will not hear me complain about him.  :D But IF Anderson has a combine similar to Mario Williams or Pepper's level he will enter the discussion with JT and CJ.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#32 : February 02, 2007, 05:00:33 PM

I have always been in Gaines' corner so you will not hear me complain about him.  :D But IF Anderson has a combine similar to Mario Williams or Pepper's level he will enter the discussion with JT and CJ.

I think since Adams passed on the Senior Bowl and Anderson couldn't go they are very combine dependent in where their final evaluations show up. It is why I'd never just do the combine or worse since I assume Adams and Anderson will pass on working out at the combine just do a private workout. I'd think you'd want to put as many chances out there to succeed as you could.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

mrwycka

Second String

#33 : February 02, 2007, 06:54:51 PM

I don't like the Gaines Adams pick. I 've seen lots of videos with him just getting run over. I think the safest way is Calvin Johnson or Joe Thomas.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#34 : February 02, 2007, 11:13:58 PM

sad panda?

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Offseason Plan - Mock Draft « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools