Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Draft King Mock-2/1/07 « previous next »
Page: 1 2

: February 01, 2007, 02:53:05 PM

http://www.draftking.com/nfl/2007/mockdraft.shtml

3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Calvin Johnson, WR, Georgia Tech

Interesting that it has us passing JT up for CJ.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#1 : February 01, 2007, 02:54:28 PM

Interesting and foolish.

Cornerstone tackles are a rarity.  Wideouts are easily found in FA, the draft...

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#2 : February 01, 2007, 02:57:37 PM

Strangeness indeed.  Actually, if we won the flip and really coveted Johnson, it would be interesting to see if we could trade with Arizona to secure the rights to Thomas.  It's extremely unlikely that the Cards or Browns would go WR.

Ironphister

Second String

#3 : February 01, 2007, 03:19:34 PM

sorry, i have no comment.  whenever i see King associated with our draft i get a nervous tweak...

Bucnation619

Second String

#4 : February 01, 2007, 04:07:03 PM

Yeahhhhhhh!!! bucs need Calvin Johnson!! We need it ::)

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#5 : February 01, 2007, 04:07:47 PM

http://www.draftking.com/nfl/2007/mockdraft.shtml

3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Calvin Johnson, WR, Georgia Tech

Interesting that it has us passing JT up for CJ.

I'd hope not, I'd really hope not.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Bucnation619

Second String

#6 : February 01, 2007, 04:12:10 PM

Why?????????

psymun

Starter
#7 : February 01, 2007, 05:01:27 PM

Interesting and foolish.

Cornerstone tackles are a rarity. Wideouts are easily found in FA, the draft...

That's intersting because in the last 5 years the draft has had talents like Levi Jones (2002 Pick 10, Pro Bowl Alt.), Jamaal Brown (2005 Pick 13 Pro Bowl), Khalif Barnes (2005 Pick 52), Marcus McNeil (2006 Pick 50 Pro Bowl). That's only the players that aren't playing behind perrenial pro bolwers like Winston Justice has to... And that also doesn't include players like Jordan Gross and Alex Barron...

I guarantee any of you would jump at the chance to have any one of these tackles. And other than Marcus McNeil, you'd probably rather have one of them right now more than you'd want Joe Thomas.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#8 : February 01, 2007, 05:17:02 PM

That's intersting because in the last 5 years the draft has had talents like Levi Jones (2002 Pick 10, Pro Bowl Alt.), Jamaal Brown (2005 Pick 13 Pro Bowl), Khalif Barnes (2005 Pick 52), Marcus McNeil (2006 Pick 50 Pro Bowl). That's only the players that aren't playing behind perrenial pro bolwers like Winston Justice has to... And that also doesn't include players like Jordan Gross and Alex Barron...

I guarantee any of you would jump at the chance to have any one of these tackles. And other than Marcus McNeil, you'd probably rather have one of them right now more than you'd want Joe Thomas.

I'd love to have one of them but how does one get one of them? Answer, you draft them. Where do we draft one this year? Well the R1 guy is our best bet if we can get him.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

psymun

Starter
#9 : February 01, 2007, 05:18:26 PM

I agree that we need one, and that we need to draft one, but they aren't as rare as people act like they are...

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#10 : February 01, 2007, 07:52:24 PM

I was intrigued by Barnes in 2005 when the Bucs ended up picking Ruud in the 2nd.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#11 : February 01, 2007, 08:08:10 PM

I was intrigued by Barnes in 2005 when the Bucs ended up picking Ruud in the 2nd.

I wanted Barnes or Reggie Brown.  Brown went a couple of spots ahead of us.

#12 : February 01, 2007, 08:23:34 PM

If we pass on JT and he is there, then there would be something seriously wrong with this FO.  Don't get me wrong, CJ would help, but getting an actual legit LT would be awesome.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#13 : February 01, 2007, 08:52:15 PM

I wanted Barnes or Reggie Brown.  Brown went a couple of spots ahead of us.
And Bernard Berrian went one spot ahead of Marquis Cooper. That one kills me too.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#14 : February 01, 2007, 10:13:52 PM

I wanted Barnes or Reggie Brown. Brown went a couple of spots ahead of us.
And Bernard Berrian went one spot ahead of Marquis Cooper. That one kills me too.

I don't really know what happened with Cooper. He had all the talent in the world to become a very good LB. Was it because he coudn't bulk up or was he just not able to pick up the defense after all his time with the team.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Draft King Mock-2/1/07 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools