Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Now the NFL is going after a church???? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#15 : February 01, 2007, 06:52:40 PM

The church and all other churches should just say FY to the NFL and have the party.
There's no free ride. It's all about ratings.
Can you imagine Father Mulvaney standing at the Altar, and saying "F" the NFL.  We are drinkin' till we stinkin'!

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#16 : February 01, 2007, 06:39:36 PM

The church and all other churches should just say FY to the NFL and have the party.
There's no free ride. It's all about ratings.

dabucfan

Second String
#17 : February 01, 2007, 08:29:01 PM

churches have PLENTY of money if they really wanna broadcast the game.

Outside of the mega-churches, which believe or not are in the minority, churches do NOT have plenty of money.  Most barely get by long enough to keep their doors open.  My church used to have football gatherings and it was just a chance for a bunch of people to get together and have fun outside of a bar or crowding around TVs.  We never charged and it was mainly advertised by word of mouth.  It is no different than a bunch of friends getting together at someone's house and watching the game on someone's home theater projector.

Just some food for thought.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#18 : February 02, 2007, 01:24:01 AM

They shouldn't have even asked.  It's just a big super bowl party.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#19 : February 02, 2007, 01:33:14 AM

churches have PLENTY of money if they really wanna broadcast the game.

Outside of the mega-churches, which believe or not are in the minority, churches do NOT have plenty of money. Most barely get by long enough to keep their doors open. My church used to have football gatherings and it was just a chance for a bunch of people to get together and have fun outside of a bar or crowding around TVs. We never charged and it was mainly advertised by word of mouth. It is no different than a bunch of friends getting together at someone's house and watching the game on someone's home theater projector.

Just some food for thought.
I agree.  Not that I go to church, unless my GF drags me there. 

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#20 : February 02, 2007, 02:28:36 AM

I sure as heck couldn't watch the SB in a church...you know, the cursing & all. ;)

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#21 : February 02, 2007, 08:12:15 AM

Rules are rules, doesn't matter where it is. I know it sounds crazy but the NFL has to protect itself no matter what the situation.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Now the NFL is going after a church???? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools