Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Did we see enough last season from... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

: February 02, 2007, 02:00:29 PM

Quarles is getting better with age, and you want to replace him? LOL, what "fans".

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#1 : February 01, 2007, 09:21:11 PM

....Barret Ruud to feel confident in his ability to man the middle for a while?

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#2 : February 01, 2007, 09:26:19 PM

I say yes but you can never trust what I say. :D

#3 : February 01, 2007, 09:27:39 PM

I think so.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#4 : February 01, 2007, 09:28:59 PM

I was skepictal when the Ravens ran right down the Rudd's throat in the first game but started to feel much more comfortable as the season went on. That's a yes

#5 : February 01, 2007, 09:32:47 PM

I don't know about "confident", but I think he'll be good given some playing time. I'm not just basing that on last year, though. I've seen his whole football career and his greatest asset is his uncanny instincts. If you watched him at NE, as soon as the ball is snapped he's running directly to the point of attack. He's familiar with the system now, and if he can just get in there and play and stop thinking, I believe he'll do well.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#6 : February 01, 2007, 09:38:22 PM

I don't know about "confident", but I think he'll be good given some playing time. I'm not just basing that on last year, though. I've seen his whole football career and his greatest asset is his uncanny instincts. If you watched him at NE, as soon as the ball is snapped he's running directly to the point of attack. He's familiar with the system now, and if he can just get in there and play and stop thinking, I believe he'll do well.

I agree. Another offseason and training camp, coupled with more playing time, and he will get the job done.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#7 : February 01, 2007, 09:52:36 PM

He definitely needs to unseat Q this year.  He is a high second round pick, and if he cannot supplant Q, despite Q's high level of play, then he might be a guy who just doesn't translate all that well into the Pro defense.  I mean, he will be about 25 this upcoming, and Q will be what? 36?  He has to bring it...

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#8 : February 01, 2007, 09:55:08 PM

He definitely needs to unseat Q this year. He is a high second round pick, and if he cannot supplant Q, despite Q's high level of play, then he might be a guy who just doesn't translate all that well into the Pro defense. I mean, he will be about 25 this upcoming, and Q will be what? 36? He has to bring it...

Completely agree! I am not saying it was a bad pick yet but for an early 2nd round pick he needs to win a spot. I know Quarles has been great, but if that is the case why did we pick Ruud for in the first place? Can he supplant Quarles, I don't know, but he sure in the hell needs to.

Baghead #2

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#9 : February 01, 2007, 10:01:36 PM

Shelton is still our second best LB and at times he is our best LB so nothing against Ruud but Shelton does not play like a 36 year old player.  I for one would like to see Brooks, Ruud and Quarles be our starters next year unless we really upgrade in the draft and free agency.  In my opionion if we focus on OL, DL, Safety and depth at CB our LB play will be much better next year.

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#10 : February 01, 2007, 10:07:29 PM

THe thing I like about Ruud aside from his nice instincts to the ball is his ability to finish tackles. He's looking more comfortable in the middle of that D and hopefully he gets the starting nod next year.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#11 : February 01, 2007, 11:39:08 PM

Ehhh I saw him out of position quite a bit, and getting run over quite a bit. I am not ready to give up, but he definitely has alot of improving to do.

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#12 : February 01, 2007, 11:42:59 PM

Ruud will be good-- i saw enough that he is promising

watson

Hall of Famer
#13 : February 02, 2007, 05:38:09 AM

Ehhh I saw him out of position quite a bit, and getting run over quite a bit. I am not ready to give up, but he definitely has alot of improving to do.
IAWC,
I agree with that.  But, you could say the same thing about Brooks or Nece or Quarles last year.  The whole LB group seemed to be one step slow or out of position too often.  I think back to games like Dallas and Chicago and see them being totally outplayed.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#14 : February 02, 2007, 06:51:53 AM

No, but considering Quarles' age, Ruud's draft position (high for a linebacker), and all the other holes on the team, the Bucs are married to him.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Did we see enough last season from... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools