Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Garcia would rather win than start? « previous next »
Page: 1

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

: February 02, 2007, 11:32:13 AM

Eagles | Garcia wants to return next season
Fri, 2 Feb 2007 06:09:49 -0800

Dave Spadaro, of PhiladelphiaEagles.com, reports Philadelphia Eagles QB Jeff Garcia will become an unrestricted free agent in March this year, but he wants to re-sign with the Eagles, if they express the same interest. "Based upon my experience here, I hope that it (future) looks real good," said Garcia. "I hope we can figure out a way to keep me here. I think one of the things I look at is, I just want to be treated fairly. I just want to be respected and appreciated for my accomplishments on the field and what I bring as a person, and a leader and a motivator and just an attitude to this team, to this organization. If that can be appreciated, I have no problem with committing myself to Philadelphia, for not just one year but hopefully the rest of my career." Garcia later added he would love to find a starting job, but being a member of a winning team is more important.

#1 : February 02, 2007, 11:36:12 AM

I think one of the things I look at is, I just want to be treated fairly. I just want to be respected and appreciated for my accomplishments on the field and what I bring as a person, and a leader and a motivator and just an attitude to this team, to this organization. If that can be appreciated, I have no problem with committing myself to Philadelphia, for not just one year but hopefully the rest of my career.""

translation: "Show me the $$$"

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#2 : February 02, 2007, 12:28:36 PM

Who wouldn't have thought that ???

He is 37 years old, he wants to win.

The bucs, we can't win and we dont need to spend cash on a 37 year old dinosaur....

Baghead #2

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#3 : February 02, 2007, 12:32:03 PM

Well he knows he'll get some play time in Philly because of the injury so he gets to both play and win there.

I'm sure a lot of this is keeping his options open and making teams that will be bidding on his services think there are more suitors so he can drive up his asking price to go to a loser club like TB, HOU or MIN.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#4 : February 02, 2007, 12:52:44 PM

Well he knows he'll get some play time in Philly because of the injury so he gets to both play and win there.

I'm sure a lot of this is keeping his options open and making teams that will be bidding on his services think there are more suitors so he can drive up his asking price to go to a loser club like TB, HOU or MIN.
Exactly.  And thank goodness we have BA to handle his contract should that scenario come around the bend.  The last thing the Bucs need is a trip down memory lane, er cap hell.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#5 : February 02, 2007, 12:54:32 PM

I'm calling BS! He's 37, not many years left and he should make his money while he can. Not that he has to go to some stiff of a team, but one that has "a chance" of winning. That's the way I read that.

TEAMCALI

Starter

#6 : February 02, 2007, 02:11:36 PM

who doesn't want to win??   .. I hope the iggels do resign him.. I don't think he will prosper in Tampa.. nor do I want him to be a BUC [banghead]

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#7 : February 02, 2007, 02:34:41 PM

There are women and kids that come to this site Teamcali.  The shaking behind is a little much.  JMHO

Also, there is nothing wrong with winning both immediately and planning for the future.  That is what FA is about.  Garcia is all that - and while I understand the feelings about his age, if he is available of the right price he would be a good addition.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

gone

Hall of Famer
#8 : February 02, 2007, 04:55:57 PM

I like the shaking butt.  Please pull the stick out of yours...

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#9 : February 02, 2007, 09:41:18 PM

PR mentioned from the Sr bowl that he FO was really not that into Garcia...thank god.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#10 : February 02, 2007, 09:45:01 PM

TEAMCALI

Please keep the shaking butt

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#11 : February 02, 2007, 09:47:52 PM

Go to the [[[DAMN]]] thread.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#12 : February 02, 2007, 11:10:10 PM

He would have to compete for the job in Tampa Bay anyway.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Garcia would rather win than start? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools