Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lets talk Buc ball « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

tampabayfan

Pro Bowler

#15 : February 02, 2007, 03:30:11 PM

Trade Rice?  I havent heard the being mentioned before--I like it. Doesnt that also mean some team has to take on his hefty contract? He is in his last year of his conract so if we just outright cut him that it wouldnt be a big cap hit?

I'm not into the Plummer or Brunell idea.  Carr wouldnt be bad but I only see him as a slight upgrade of what we have now.  I think our best bet is Garcia.  he understand the WCO offense and with his experience help both Simms and Gradkowski develop.

I think Clayton will still be in the rotation but I expect us to bring in another wr (other than Boston) to compete for the 2nd slot.  Maybe draft or FA.
Who is to say that Stove can't beat out Clayton?  Stove has better hands, and is bigger.  And probably just as fast/quick as Clayton is.  

Move Clayton to safety.  He would love it. ::)
LOL Clayton really has been a real disappointment but he needs to stay away from the D side of the ball--that laziness and inabilty to catch might rub off. If we do draft a wr in the first or 2nd round, he might have something to say about who starts with Galloway. I fully expect Stovall to be a big part of the offense this year but as the 3rd wr. If it happens we do draft Jonson, which may not happen, I see him in the starting lineup.  Boston might also be in the mix.

Ironphister

Second String

#16 : February 02, 2007, 03:34:29 PM

damyouwomanalltohell!!!

you Scarlet Letter wearin', bra burnin', snuff huffin', hubcap thievin', delinquent rent payin', mechanical bull ridin', woman sufferagin', test tubin', Roe V Wadein', trouble maker!!!

think you're all that Padme'?  c'mon, bring it!

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#17 : February 02, 2007, 04:03:22 PM

since it looks like we wont be landing the big name D guys we all wanted  to land in FA, the best thing we can do is get our WR in FA or sign D.Boston, this signing will allow us to draft for the D which is what we need. Also pick Carr up which i think is a good idea i thin Carr is better then Rattay and we saw what he could do. all we need is a QB that can be 65 to 70% effective

tampabayfan

Pro Bowler

#18 : February 02, 2007, 04:12:55 PM

I'm still hoping that we can trade down and possibly pick up another 2nd round pick. We can get the D guy and possibly another player in the process.

What I like about Carr is knows what its like to play behind an o-line that is swiss cheese and able to take the abuse.  He's also young so we could possibly have him around for a few years.  the other qbs out there are older and most likely only be in the league a few more years.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#19 : February 02, 2007, 04:22:34 PM

I'm still hoping that we can trade down and possibly pick up another 2nd round pick. We can get the D guy and possibly another player in the process.

What I like about Carr is knows what its like to play behind an o-line that is swiss cheese and able to take the abuse. He's also young so we could possibly have him around for a few years. the other qbs out there are older and most likely only be in the league a few more years.
He "knows" how to play behind a porous O-line?  Really?  You really should go PI.  They talk about him, and have him down to a tee.

Fact is, he doesn't know how to play behind a porous O-line, and he is not good at making reads.  Go P.I..  It will be worth it.  Espescially last issue, and with the upcoming one, you will get at-your-fingertips useful info about the team you and I love.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#20 : February 02, 2007, 04:23:23 PM

Plus, that picture of Pittman was cool!

(LOL!...it was cool though, right?)

#21 : February 02, 2007, 04:24:12 PM

Anybody got that pic of Pitt holding the panties?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#22 : February 02, 2007, 04:25:14 PM

Anybody got that pic of Pitt holding the panties?
CLASSIC!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#23 : February 02, 2007, 04:28:43 PM

Don't have the panty shot, but here is one to remind you how "all natural" he is...

and I threw this one in for you, RJ...

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#24 : February 02, 2007, 04:29:36 PM

LMFAO @ PHIST

Stovall > Boston > Clayton

Stovall hasn't proven anything yet.  

#25 : February 02, 2007, 04:30:59 PM

He proved he's got a sure hands...

#26 : February 02, 2007, 04:31:24 PM

Boid, you know ...we need a franchise LT.....and Mr. Black is a FA...

tampabayfan

Pro Bowler

#27 : February 02, 2007, 04:32:01 PM

What I like about Carr is knows what its like to play behind an o-line that is swiss cheese and able to take the abuse. He's also young so we could possibly have him around for a few years. the other qbs out there are older and most likely only be in the league a few more years.
He "knows" how to play behind a porous O-line? Really? You really should go PI. They talk about him, and have him down to a tee.

Fact is, he doesn't know how to play behind a porous O-line, and he is not good at making reads. Go P.I.. It will be worth it. Espescially last issue, and with the upcoming one, you will get at-your-fingertips useful info about the team you and I love.
I never said he was good--I said he was only slightly better than what we have at qb and he can take a hit.

defntlydiffrnt

Starter

#28 : February 02, 2007, 04:34:02 PM

All I know about Carr is that he can obviously take a hit and get back up to try again.  That says a lot considering our QBs never last a complete season.  I'm just asking that we get a QB that can play all 16 games even if it's on his back.  Chances are, with this o-line, that's where he'll be the majority of the time anyway.

I would like to see us trade down though.  Picking up a couple of good defensive players (ala Sapp and Brooks) would be nice.  I know that it's a rarity to hit like that but I can dream.   If we draft a QB though, I will slap somebody.  Mark it down now. 

I think that the Colts are doing some good PR now with regards to Freeney.  They don't want the distraction in the biggest game they've played in decades so say what you gotta say to keep the distraction out of the game.  But, if they were really serious - wouldn't they have done something in paper already?  Just my opinion on it.

Lance Briggs?  Chicago has proven itself a very stingy team when it comes to paying for players, personnel, whatever so we could land him.  I am not crossing either of these players off my wish-list until I read about the contracts they've signed.  I would rather have Briggs.  Younger, with the right tutelage he could take the place of Brooks and Brooks will still be here to help him along the way. 

The only other comment I have for our offseason is that I hate losing Winborn but understand his plight - kinda.  I hate that we've not heard yet about White being re-signed.  I was really impressed with his play this past season.  I would've rather have seen Simms packing and White staying but that's just tunnel vision speaking there.

Oh yeah, and give Clayton a defensive playbook.  ;)

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#29 : February 02, 2007, 04:37:15 PM

Clayton might actually make a decent safety but he would need at least two years to learn a new position and I just don't see it being worth the effort.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lets talk Buc ball « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools