Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lets talk Buc ball « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

tampabayfan

Pro Bowler

#30 : February 02, 2007, 04:38:03 PM

I find it interesting that the draft talk in centered around CJ and we pick up a wr (Boston).  Yet where we really need help is DL and we didnt re-sign White. I still got a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach that we are going to concentrate on the offense again when we have such big holes on the d-side.

defntlydiffrnt

Starter

#31 : February 02, 2007, 04:40:16 PM

I think he played some safety at LSU. 

I don't know if it's worth the effort to not teach him a new position.  Then he becomes more valuable to the team.  He plays safety and if we get the plethora of injuries to our WR corps like his first year, we can stick him back in there in an emergency situation.  Fact is, he's not productive on the offense now except for blocking.  Why not take his blocking talent to the next level?  B/c I've seen him flat out knock the **CENSORED** out of some defenders.  That would be nice to see from our safety position on a regular basis again.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#32 : February 02, 2007, 04:40:53 PM

Signing guys like Boston are the easy ones.  I wouldn't be too concerned just yet.  Nor would I expect Boston to even make the team.

defntlydiffrnt

Starter

#33 : February 02, 2007, 04:42:08 PM

I find it interesting that the draft talk in centered around CJ and we pick up a wr (Boston).  Yet where we really need help is DL and we didnt re-sign White. I still got a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach that we are going to concentrate on the offense again when we have such big holes on the d-side.

And why would this be a surprise?  This is one of the reasons why Gruden needs to stick to coaching and stop monkeying around with the personnel decisions. 

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#34 : February 02, 2007, 04:43:21 PM

I don't know if it's worth the effort to not teach him a new position. Then he becomes more valuable to the team. He plays safety and if we get the plethora of injuries to our WR corps like his first year, we can stick him back in there in an emergency situation. Fact is, he's not productive on the offense now except for blocking. Why not take his blocking talent to the next level? B/c I've seen him flat out knock the crap out of some defenders. That would be nice to see from our safety position on a regular basis again.

I'm just thinking about the risk of having to resign him while he's still learning to play safety and not really knowing what to expect.

#35 : February 02, 2007, 04:44:20 PM

Fact is, he's not productive on the offense now except for blocking.  Why not take his blocking talent to the next level?  B/c I've seen him flat out knock the crap out of some defenders.  That would be nice to see from our safety position on a regular basis again.

Do we require that much blocking from our safeties?

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#36 : February 02, 2007, 04:45:32 PM

Fact is, he's not productive on the offense now except for blocking. Why not take his blocking talent to the next level? B/c I've seen him flat out knock the crap out of some defenders. That would be nice to see from our safety position on a regular basis again.

Hopefully we will have alot of INTs.

tampabayfan

Pro Bowler

#37 : February 02, 2007, 04:46:21 PM

I don't know if it's worth the effort to not teach him a new position. Then he becomes more valuable to the team. He plays safety and if we get the plethora of injuries to our WR corps like his first year, we can stick him back in there in an emergency situation. Fact is, he's not productive on the offense now except for blocking. Why not take his blocking talent to the next level? B/c I've seen him flat out knock the crap out of some defenders. That would be nice to see from our safety position on a regular basis again.

I'm just thinking about the risk of having to resign him while he's still learning to play safety and not really knowing what to expect.
thats why I dont see them changing his position.  It sucks that he was such a great rookie and hasnt done anything since.  

defntlydiffrnt

Starter

#38 : February 02, 2007, 04:58:50 PM

Fact is, he's not productive on the offense now except for blocking.  Why not take his blocking talent to the next level?  B/c I've seen him flat out knock the crap out of some defenders.  That would be nice to see from our safety position on a regular basis again.

Apparently, JP thinks not.  But, Clayton does run his routes correctly, he blocks when he needs to, and knocks the snot out of people when they cross his path.  Sounds like a defensive player to me. 

And yes, there is risk.  But without risk, there is no reward.  I just don't want to lose another player that goes on to be something great somewhere else.  Another busted draft pick.  I hate that.  I'm so tired of it. 

I also realize that they're not going to change his position.  But, it's the offseason so it makes for a discussion when there's not much left to discuss after such a dismal season. 

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#39 : February 02, 2007, 05:19:21 PM

Boid, you know ...we need a franchise LT.....and Mr. Black is a FA...
His nickname in Kansas City is I-65.....

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#40 : February 02, 2007, 05:54:03 PM

Boid, you know ...we need a franchise LT.....and Mr. Black is a FA...
His nickname in Kansas City is I-65.....
It is a running joke between me and RJ bro...

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#41 : February 02, 2007, 11:23:25 PM

I find it interesting that the draft talk in centered around CJ and we pick up a wr (Boston).  Yet where we really need help is DL and we didnt re-sign White.
Boston has nothing to do with any other moves. He's just a training camp body.

tampabayfan

Pro Bowler

#42 : February 03, 2007, 12:24:30 AM

I find it interesting that the draft talk in centered around CJ and we pick up a wr (Boston). Yet where we really need help is DL and we didnt re-sign White.
One can only hope. 

#43 : February 03, 2007, 12:25:30 AM

Boston isn't an indication of things to come, even if he is I don't have a problem with it, Joe Thomas would be great in my eye.

#44 : February 03, 2007, 11:48:43 AM

One can only hope. 

Really? Because I hope that he regains his old form and becomes an asset to the team.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lets talk Buc ball « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools