Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeney - Out of the Free Agent pool. « previous next »
Page: 1

SHIVVER

Pro Bowler

: February 02, 2007, 03:38:03 PM

I heard on NFL Total Access last night that Bill Polian said there is no way they are gonna let Freeney hit the FA market at the end of this season. 

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#1 : February 02, 2007, 03:40:00 PM

Heard that already.

But I would love to see how they lock him up, considering how much money is tied into their offense...

They would be mortgaging their future, that is for sure.

Tool Alert

Practice Squad

#2 : February 02, 2007, 03:42:25 PM

Not unexpected.

As they'll probably let Cato June take his services elsewhere (Mike Peterson/Marcus Washington/David Thornton), they can just draft a linebacker in the late 1st then allocate June money to Freeney, or something.

pewtersurf

Hall of Famer
#3 : February 02, 2007, 04:05:03 PM

It will be interesting to see how Indy does the signing of Freeney.  Too bad we can get our hands on him.

Get your Battle Flag!  Join the Fight!

Buc Wylde

Hall of Famer

#4 : February 02, 2007, 04:11:51 PM

Freeney will think of the possibilities to gather more rings in Indy. Sure, he wants the $$, but rings are nice as well. He has a good shot on that team and I'm sure that plays a large part as well.

Quote from: Raheem Morris
We got to get better at doing something, and that is what we have to set our focus on and that is something to get better at. That\\\\\\\'s what we are trying to do right now.

gone

Hall of Famer
#5 : February 02, 2007, 04:54:08 PM

I thought I remembered hearing they "promised" Freeney they wouldn't franchise him.  Or am I mistaken?

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#6 : February 02, 2007, 04:59:16 PM

I heard on NFL Total Access last night that Bill Polian said there is no way they are gonna let Freeney hit the FA market at the end of this season.

I think Polian is bluffing.

They barely have cap space to re-sign a lot of the players that will be restricted free agents and unrestricted free agents.  Not to mention the drafted and undrafted rookies.  And a lot of players will have one year left on their contracts (starting offensive tackle  Tarik Glenn).

I mean they could keep Freeney but by doing so they may lose an OT, TE and LB down the road. 

defntlydiffrnt

Starter

#7 : February 02, 2007, 05:09:02 PM

I think this is a bluff myself.  I think they are doing what they need to do to deflect from this becoming a distraction to him and the team.  Good move on their part to keep the focus on the team and the game.  However, if they were really serious - I think we would've heard about something on paper and other moves being made such as restructures.  All that stuff leaks out.

I'm not crossing him off the wish-list until I hear he's signed a contract and it's been approved by the proper people.  But that's just me since this is getting close to the time of year of bluffs, deflection, and lies....

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#8 : February 02, 2007, 05:22:26 PM

This being a Super Bowl year for the Colts, every player who's in the next to last year or has free agent status is going to want more money. Be interesting to see who they try and keep. If they keep Freeney, that's a lot of the cap connected to Manning, Harrison, Wayne and then Freeney. That's only 4 players for maybe half their cap?

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler

#9 : February 02, 2007, 10:26:09 PM

If the colts franchise him that means they will have to cut Boogers fat behind.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeney - Out of the Free Agent pool. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools