Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Any consideration for Jamon Meredith in the 5th? « previous next »
Page: 1

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

: April 26, 2009, 02:38:17 PM

There's some concern whether Jeremy Trueblood's lack of foot speed and lack of flexibility will work in the zone blocking scheme, as well as the fact that his contract is about to be up and he may not be worth the $5-6 million per year the market may yield for him. South Carolina's Jamon Meredith was thought to be a 2nd or 3rd round pick and is still available. He's very experienced facing the top pass rushers in college in the SEC and was among the most athletic tackles at the Combine. Could he be BPA at #155?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#1 : April 26, 2009, 02:40:27 PM

I still think we should focus on DLine.

Still a couple big chubbies at DE and DT available.

Not to mention I think Marcus Freeman and Javon Ringer have tremendous value here.

Sorry didn't mean to hijack.

I think Meredith would be an O.K. pick. I wouldn't complain. I'm extremely concerned about our tackle situation going into the '10 offseason.

nitey

Hall of Famer
#2 : April 26, 2009, 02:40:38 PM

Possible - but at this point, our need for a corner or wide reciever depth is probably more demanding of the attention than what would be a backup tackle. Still I wouldn't be upset with it.

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#3 : April 26, 2009, 02:58:19 PM

CB

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#4 : April 26, 2009, 03:05:59 PM

Wow I'm kind of surprised to have even come this close with the pick. From what I know Meredith is just as athletic as Fulton, but a lot more polished.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#5 : April 26, 2009, 03:06:59 PM

You were close FRG, we went OT with Fulton.

Madman

Hall of Famer
#6 : April 26, 2009, 03:27:50 PM

Mayock rated Jamon as his #8 OT. No sign of Xavier.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Any consideration for Jamon Meredith in the 5th? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools