Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs will wait to decide when Freeman plays « previous next »
Page: 1

michael89156

Hall of Famer

: April 26, 2009, 08:24:24 PM

ESPN

Bucs will wait to decide when Freeman plays

April 26, 2009 7:49 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Pat Yasinskas

TAMPA, Fla. -- The Bucs just held media sessions with coach Raheem Morris and general manager Mark Dominik to wrap up the draft.

They spent a lot of time discussing how they continued to create a competive atmosphere with their second-day picks. But they also discussed the decision to take quarterback Josh Freeman in the first round. They continued to call him the "franchise quarterback," but they clearly haven't made any decision as to if Freeman will start from Day One.

The Bucs also are expected to take Luke McCown and Byron Leftwich to training camp along with either veteran Brian Griese or second-year pro Josh Johnson.

"Our plan would really be for him to compete,'' Dominik said. "We'd like him to be in the mix with the four quarterbacks we take to camp and let him let his talent show. I understand he's 21 and I've seen it where it helps when they sit and I saw last year where guys played themselves on the football field. But I do realize he's a young quarterback and, ideally, you like those guys to at least learn a little bit how to prepare and get caught up to the game. We'll see how it goes through the preseason.''

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs will wait to decide when Freeman plays « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools