Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: A Buccaneer Draft Pondering « previous next »
Page: 1

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

: February 03, 2007, 01:50:05 AM

A fellow Buc friend and I were having a draft discussion over lunch today.  The topic came up regarding who the Bucs would have taken had they had the 3rd or 4th pick in the 2006 Draft?  The 3rd pick was Vince Young with D'Brickashaw Ferguson going 4th.

Who do you think the Bucs would have taken in 2006 given their 2007 Draft position?  I'd have to go with Brick myself.  A prototype franchise LT.  He would have been a very hard one to pass up for the Bucs last year (Joe Thomas isn't half bad this year, btw... ;)).

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#1 : February 03, 2007, 01:53:25 AM

Joe Thomas is rated a better LT from what I have heard.

He is more complete.

And hell, Brick wasn't even the best O-line guy the Jets drafted last year...but they made the playoffs, so hey....

The Bucs would have drafted Matt Leinart, IMO, or Vince Young.  It would have been a QB, because JG wasn't on the hot seat, and had come off an 11-6 campaign.  He loves them QBs, and I have a feeling he would love to have Russell, or better yet, Troy, if he had the time to groom them...

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#2 : February 03, 2007, 01:57:09 AM

Thank you for turning it into RJGO....lol!

Hey man, I hate to think too much.

#3 : February 03, 2007, 01:57:40 AM

he wouldve taken Brick after Ssimms took him to the playoffs. or else Leinart would be a good possibility. Im a huge Joe Thomas fan but Brick was very close to Thomas. Ferguson was a better athtlete and better pass blocker. Joe thomas is a superior run blocker and much more physical, but Ferguson was a great prospect because of his pass blocking skills as a LT

#4 : February 03, 2007, 01:58:21 AM

Thank you for turning it into RJGO....lol!

Hey man, I hate to think too much.
I don't mean to be a dentist here....but me thinks you're in the wrong thread LOL

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#5 : February 03, 2007, 01:59:35 AM

Well, you are a dentist then...

#6 : February 03, 2007, 02:00:19 AM

That's unethical.

D-Brick for my money....then again VY = TB's D-Mac.

Lynch47

Hall of Famer

#7 : February 03, 2007, 08:28:55 AM

Ferguson no doubt
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: A Buccaneer Draft Pondering « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools