Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Here's something for ya'll to read... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

mrwycka

Second String

« : February 03, 2007, 10:07:12 AM »

nice. I can live with that, but if Joe Thomas is still on the board when we draft I don't see how they can pass him up.  What happens if someone before the Vikings pick that we trade with goes after DT Amobi Okoye then who would you pick?

psymun

Starter
« #1 : February 03, 2007, 03:14:58 AM »

Tampa Bay Buccaneers 2007 Off-season Plan

Needs:

Quarterback – Competition is needed at the quarterback position. A VETERAN is needed.
   (Chris Simms, Bruce Gradkowski, Luke McCown)

Fullback – Whether Mike Alstott retires or not, this is a major need.
   (No players under contract)

Wide Receiver – Joey Galloway is old, and Michael Clayton has under achieved.
   (Joey Galloway, Michael Clayton, Maurice Stovall, Paris Warren)

Left Tackle – This is an obvious need, Davis is serviceable, but nothing special (which you need at LT).
   (Anthony Davis, Kenyatta Walker)

Center – John Wade is on the decline, yet Sean Mahan has yet to beat him out. Competition is needed.
   (John Wade, Sean Mahan, Jonathan Clinckscale)

Defensive End – Rice (33) is coming off an injury, and White didn’t make enough plays in his place.
   (Simeon Rice, Greg Spires, Charles Bennett)

Under Tackle – Wyms replaced McFarland, and while it was an upgrade, he’s still not the answer.
   (Ellis Wyms, Jovan Haye, Julian Jenkins)

Outside Linebacker – Brooks has definitely lost a step.
   (Derrick Brooks, Ryan Nece, Jamie Winborn, Wesley Mallard, Antoine Cash)

Cornerback – Barber is 32, Kelly has a career threatening injury, yet is 31 and wants a new contract.
   (Ronde Barber, Brian Kelly, Juran Bolden, Alan Zemaitis)

Safety – Phillips and Allen have missed countless tackles and blown a lot of assignments.
   (Jermaine Phillips, Will Allen)

Kick Returner – The Buccaneers have NEVER returned a kickoff for a TD. Need I say more?

March 1st, 2007 – Free Agency Begins

Re-Sign:
Phillip Buchanon – Played very well, could end up being a full time starter in the near future
Sean Mahan – Struggled last year, but may still be able to be a solid center
Wesley Mallard – Excellent on special teams, maintains decent depth
Blue Adams* – See: Wesley Mallard. Did a good job in coverage, though a little tentative at times
Andrew Economos* – Give Dave Moore a little push
Kalvin Pearson* – He was a Special Teams ace. Made some nice hits, and was solid in spot duty
Jeb Terry* – Had a great training camp last year, but never seemed to be able to crack the starting lineup maybe this year?

* - Denotes RFA
Sign:
CB Asante Samuel – Former UCF standout jumps at the chance to return to Florida.
DE Charles Grant – Many rumors swirling about him possibly going to the Bucs
SS Michael Lewis – Feels disrespected in Philadelphia, likes Kiffin, and Kiffin likes him
LT Leonard Davis – Has said he wants to play for the Buccaneers, wants out of Arizona
FB Justin Griffith – Antoine Cash helps the Buccaneers court his good friend to Tampa

Trades:
QB David Carr – Trade Brian Kelly. It’s a Win-Win. Texans need a corner, Bucs need a QB.

2007 NFL Draft

Trade down with Minnesota (Pick up their 1st and 2nd, give them our 1st, that way they can grab CJ)

1(07). DT Amobi Okoye – Young, powerful, athletic, great character, a leader
2(36). DE Victor Abiamiri – Excellent size and speed, consistent performer, excellent motor
2(39). FS Brandon MerriweatherΒ  – Athletic, Aggressive, Ballhawk, can also play corner
2(63). OC Josh Beekman – Can play guard or center. Technically sound, played with Jeremy Trueblood
3(68). LB Aaron Rouse/Jon Beason (whicver is there) – Athletic, aggressive, deceptively strong, hard hitter, undersized
4(100). WR Paul Williams – Great speed, big hands, long arms, good leaper and route runner, underachiever
5(132). FB Le’Ron McClain – Excellent receiver, good blocker, decent short-yardage runner
7(196). RB Garret Wolfe – Speedy, shifty, productive RB with good hands. VASTLY undersized

Depth Chart

QB – (D.Carr), C.Simms, B.Gradkowski, L.McCown
HB – C.Williams, M.Pittman, E.Grahm
FB – (J.Griffith), {L.McClain}
WR – J.Galloway, M.Clayton, D.Boston, M.Stovall, I.Hilliard, {P.Williams}, P.Warren, M.Jones, C.Gessner, C.Lucas
TE – A.Smith, A.Becht, D.Jolley, T.Williams
LT – (L.Davis), A.Davis
LG – D.Buenning, {J.Beekman}
OC – J.Wade, S.Mahan
RG – D.Joseph, J.Terry, J.Clinckscale
RT – J.Trueblood, K.Walker

RE – S.Rice, {V.Abiamiri}
UT – {A.Okoye}, E.Wyms, J.Haye
NT – C.Hovan, J.Bradley
LE – (C.Grant), J.Jenkins
WB – J.Winborn, {A.Rouse}, A.Cash
MB – B.Ruud, S.Quarles
SB – D.Brooks, R.Nece, W.Mallard
WC – R.Barber, A.Zemaitis
SC – (A.Samuel), P.Buchanon, J.Boldin
FS – {B.Merriweather}, W.Allen, B.Adams
SS – (M.Lewis), J.Phillips, K.Pearson

PU – J.Bidwell
PK – M.Bryant
LS – D.Moore, A.Economos
KR – {G.Wolfe}

() = Free Agent
{} - Draft Pick

Based on mock drafts, the player that I chose for my draft should be available at those spots. This allows for 3 Free Agents, and 4 draft picks for both the offensive and defensive sides of the ball. This plan also fulfills all of the team needs. I passed on CJ and JT because they're high risk picks IMO no matter how you look at it. To me, the only positions worth top 5 picks are QB and RB.

Created by PsYmUn

redtab78

Pro Bowler
« #2 : February 03, 2007, 06:08:42 AM »

Nice post..........just not sure if I agree with a couple of your picks...

Anyone who thinks Tim Tebow will be a great NFL QB is an idiot.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

« #3 : February 03, 2007, 07:50:05 AM »

Except for the Carr and Leonard signings very nice and well thought out.  I'd rather have Plummer as the vetran QB and if we can't get Thomas in the first maybe take a shot at Doug Free in the 3rd or 4th.  Arizona's OL is just as bad as ours and if they are willing to let Leonard go what does that tell you about him?

Lynch47

Hall of Famer

« #4 : February 03, 2007, 08:27:06 AM »

Id rather have Carr than Plummer

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

« #5 : February 03, 2007, 09:18:08 AM »

Carr would be ok for a veteran, but I don't want another retread "veteran" QB. This franchise needs to be able to develop a young QB at some point.

« #6 : February 03, 2007, 09:53:06 AM »

I could live with that plan, and it would definitely make the Buccs a LOT better.Β  I am sure the FO would be happy to get through FA and the draft with those additions.

psymun

Starter
« #7 : February 03, 2007, 10:29:31 AM »

nice. I can live with that, but if Joe Thomas is still on the board when we draft I don't see how they can pass him up. What happens if someone before the Vikings pick that we trade with goes after DT Amobi Okoye then who would you pick?

Considering the fact that Okoye is project 10-15... I highly doubt that would happen... The only team really interested in a DT are the Redskins and they are already targeting Alan Branch... so again, I doubt it. Not to mention, when teams are trading up and down, their asking other teams what they're targeting so that they know whether or not they should. They share info on who is targeting what that way they can make a more informed decision. That's part of the reason the Buccaneers have had trouble trading down in the past...

However IF that were to happen, I would have to change my draft board and get Gaines Adams or Jamaal Anderson... Now, in the unlikelyhood of Thomas, CJ, Okoye, Adams, and Anderson being off the board... and assuming we wouldn't be able to trade down again, I would go after Lawrence Timmons (LT for short). Then target Brandon Mebane with the 3rd round pick.

Basically, I've got backup plans for just about anything that could happen... but this is my ideal plan...

By the way... I'd be passing on CJ because I just don't like the thought of taking a receiver in the 1st round... and I'd pass on JT because if we shore up the LT spot with Leonard Davis, and the line is consistent, (it really wasn't THAT bad in pass protection last year) then I would rather wait until next year when Jake Long and Sam Baker will be available in the middle of round 1. To be honest, I don't like the thought of drafting anything other than a RB or QB in the top 5... anything else just doesn't seem worth it.

To me, RBs and QBs are 2 of the most important things to a team, other than lineman, but since lineman are a group effort, you don't always need superstar picks (see Patriots and Colts). They have good offensive lines that were built after the 15th pick...

tampabayfan

Pro Bowler

« #8 : February 03, 2007, 01:20:06 PM »

As far as the first pick I would love for us to go with Adams--but if history says anything, we will draft offense in the first round.

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

« #9 : February 03, 2007, 12:34:50 PM »

Were did Ike Hilliard go?

« #10 : February 03, 2007, 12:54:51 PM »

If you fire Gruden along with that, then THAT is a good offseason.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #11 : February 03, 2007, 12:59:10 PM »

Get used to disappointment...

« #12 : February 03, 2007, 01:00:06 PM »

With Gruden as coach, we will see that on the field for years to come.

tampabayfan

Pro Bowler

« #13 : February 03, 2007, 01:00:40 PM »

another season of 4-12 and I think we will all be disappointed.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #14 : February 03, 2007, 01:02:09 PM »

With Gruden as coach, we will see that on the field for years to come.
OKAY genius.

I think the Bucs should hire you as their garbage man.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Here's something for ya'll to read... « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools