Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Independents Increase While Ds and Rs Decrease... « previous next »
Page: 1

TheGladiator

Pro Bowler

: May 01, 2009, 11:56:21 PM

Many on the board (myself included) have vented frustration with the 2 parties in the establishment...

New: Our Party ID Chart

May 1, 2009

By Mark Blumenthal

This week, many columnists and bloggers took note of the apparent drop in Republican party identification on many of the recent national surveys, especially after both Gallup and the Pew Research Center released helpful summaries with charts showing their tracking of long term trends (those links are well worth following for more detail). Although the Democratic advantage has definitely grown over the last two to four years, the changes over the last few months look more like a modest rise in independence than a shift benefiting either party.   

Nate Silver also took up the issue yesterday with a chart featuring party identification data from six national polls and a LOESS regression trend line similar to what we feature in our standard charts. That post goaded us to moving up a party ID chart on our own to-do list.

Our new flash chart, embedded below, appears on this page and will update with each new national poll that features party ID results.  Nate's chart had data from six pollsters -- we add six more, most notably the 20 or so since Labor Day conducted by Gallup:

(article with interactive chart is here: http://www.pollster.com/blogs/new_our_party_id_chart.php)

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#1 : May 02, 2009, 01:01:42 AM

Last year I registered as an independent. Only way Ill change back is for the primaries here for governor if they have an R worth voting for then Ill switch back. If not Ill never be an R again.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#2 : May 02, 2009, 02:29:28 AM

There IS hope.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#3 : May 02, 2009, 10:15:14 AM

This goes hand-in-hand with the Tea Parties.

Too bad the MSM, most in DC, and the current administration can't recognize that it's not about Obama or D's vs. R's.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#4 : May 02, 2009, 11:19:19 AM

I'm registered R, but just so I can vote against Incumbents in the primaries. I'm pretty much just going to vote Challenger over Incumbent down the line. R or D, liberal or Conservative, I don't care, if they are in they need to get out.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#5 : May 02, 2009, 02:36:32 PM

That's exactly where I am John Galt.  If they are in now, they need to be replaced.

I still haven't recovered from Congress passing the stimulus bill without reading it, nor sending the omnibus spending bill through with earmarks.  And the President signing the omnibus with earmarks after saying he wouldn't - well they can all be unemployed together.  Enough.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

duanet75

Pro Bowler
#6 : May 03, 2009, 08:33:12 AM

I can't understand why there bailing out banks for all the forclosures.

Example:  I had a neighbor who 4 years ago refinanced his house took $50,000 cash on his equity 3 months later he could'nt afford a $2,500 a month mortgage.

Are we bailing the banks out for this?

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#7 : May 03, 2009, 12:47:06 PM

We're bailing out the banks in part because if we let the troubled ones fail, the real depth of our problems would be apparent. We can't have that. Must create a false sense of security so people will get back to spending.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Independents Increase While Ds and Rs Decrease... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools