Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Talk About Overrated! « previous next »
Page: 1

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

: May 03, 2009, 11:14:07 PM

I heard about Hatton for so long and finally got to see him vs. Mayweather. OK, so FM was a tough opponent for him. I figured he'd hold his own vs. Pacman. Nope.

I'm starting to think that Hatton is all hype and hadn't fought anybody worth talking about until he fought FM and MP. Time to retire. What a disappointment.

Full fight here:

It was online last night as it happened. And pretty good quality.

There's not only one Ricky Hatton.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#1 : May 03, 2009, 11:35:49 PM

The announcer at the beginning was right....his recklessness caught up with him.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#2 : May 03, 2009, 11:42:33 PM

He is a joke. Boxing as a whole has become a joke too me though.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#3 : May 03, 2009, 11:54:11 PM

Manny is no joke.

#4 : May 04, 2009, 12:10:59 AM

time to retire? LOL. In todays boxing you dont retire until you get embarrassed in 6 or 7 "big" fights. Look at Delahoya, Hopkins and Jones Jr for gods sake. Thes eguys get smashed and still get hyped up like the next fight is epic. I know its part of promoting a fighter, but back in the day these guys wouldnt get shot after shot after shot at big fights once they started tasting the mat over and over

That said Hatton is a good fighter that brings a lot of entertainment to the sport with his style. Dude lost to 2 truly great fighters in an age where great fighters are VERY hardd to find.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#5 : May 04, 2009, 12:13:30 AM

Manny is no joke.

He's great to watch and there are plenty of other exciting guys.

Magnaccia

Pro Bowler

#6 : May 04, 2009, 11:55:13 AM

Too bad there's pisspoor marketing and absolutely no brainpower in any of the million boxing organizations.

It's stupid and they won't prosper until they create a well run organization like the NFL, one that knows how to promote it's sport and players (ie, not like the NHL)

http://www.graphicdesignmoney.comMake $$$$ online, ask me how :]
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Talk About Overrated! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools