Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Anyone watch Friday Night Lights regularly? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer

#30 : April 05, 2007, 02:44:06 PM

joe said we should all write letters to NBCl beggin for it to come back and to put some $$$ and brains into promoting it.  it's definitely a stealth show. i don't understand their thinking over there...no wonder their ratings are down compared to CBS and ABC...altho they did a good thing and let Katie C go IMO.  I cannot stand her!

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#31 : April 05, 2007, 03:06:18 PM

Letter writing will only work if it's coordinated and done by a hell of a lot of people.
I think that sort of thing saved the show, "Roswell."

http://www.austinchronicle.com/gyrobase/Issue/story?oid=oid%3A84689

A subsequent letter-writing campaign swelled around CBS's Cagney & Lacey in 1982. This effort ushered in the show's eight-year run and led to the formation of Viewers for Quality Television, according to Howard Wen in "Revolt of the Couch Potatoes" (Salon.com in 1998, www.salon.com/21st/feature/1998/08/24feature.html ). Today, Web rings, authorized and unauthorized fan sites, newsgroups, and simple e-mail can rally fans in the click of a few keystrokes. Although an online campaign failed to save another CBS drama, Brooklyn South, a more recent campaign by Roswell fans convinced the WB (which then carried the series) to renew the show. The campaign was a double whammy of sorts. Instead of just flooding the network with e-mail, fans decided online to snail mail bottles of Tabasco sauce to WB execs. The ploy was clever in that it provided the networks with tangible evidence of the show's fan base; media observers say network execs take greater stock in snail mail than in e-mail, because snail mail takes more thought and effort to execute. The campaign also brought a bit of playfulness to the ordinary complaint letter. Tabasco sauce is the beverage of choice for the alien teens on the series.

original

Pro Bowler

#32 : April 12, 2007, 10:00:19 AM

Nice season finale, I hope we get season 2.  I can say after 1 season it became my families fav show on TV.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#33 : April 12, 2007, 03:50:31 PM

Finally got to see the Original Movie last weekend. While there are 2 from the movie on the current show , the new version as a series is an improvement IMO.   The series certainly ended better than the Original movie. It would be nice if it returns next season.

buckit

Hall of Famer

#34 : April 13, 2007, 03:02:37 PM

The Saftey in the Movie, Chavez---my wife knew his daddy.  (her fam is from midland/odessa)

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Anyone watch Friday Night Lights regularly? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools