Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: CBS's Coverage Sucked!!! « previous next »
Page: 1 2

bucpimpin

Pro Bowler
: February 04, 2007, 10:43:11 PM

Their sound was horrible and their picture was not 1080p HD.. I was very dissappointed in their production quality.. I know the elements were terrible but damn.. Nance was horrible and needs to stick with Golf!!

bucs1

Practice Squad
#1 : February 04, 2007, 10:44:26 PM

Yea, I never really liked their coverage either.

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#2 : February 04, 2007, 10:45:05 PM

Yes, I was pretty disappointed in the coverage. The weather did have something to do with it but still, they could have done alot better.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#3 : February 04, 2007, 10:59:12 PM

Im pretty sure you cant view television in 1080p.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#4 : February 04, 2007, 11:17:29 PM

Nance does suck.

But Simms is good.  Very good, without being a know it all.

#5 : February 04, 2007, 11:32:30 PM

Their sound was horrible and their picture was not 1080p HD

No one broadcasts in 1080p anywhere in the world.  ;) There aren't even plans to use 1080p in the future, the bandwidth just isn't there on 99% of networks.

gone

Hall of Famer
#6 : February 05, 2007, 02:11:54 AM

They needed to buy some paper towels, so they could WIPE OFF THE FSCKING CAMERA LENSES!!!

This was a High-School level production, they should fire the whole crew.  I've never seen a game handled so poorly .

rocketspeed

Practice Squad

#7 : February 05, 2007, 02:13:21 AM

agreed, FOX Sports or even NBC would've provided a better experience.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#8 : February 05, 2007, 02:45:40 AM

They needed to buy some paper towels, so they could WIPE OFF THE FSCKING CAMERA LENSES!!!

This was a High-School level production, they should fire the whole crew. I've never seen a game handled so poorly .
Me and my GF were saying how "foggy" and "spotty" the game looked.  Putting the obvious condensation and poor production observation into effect did even me and her, no good.  The camera never got better, and I kept saying, WIPE THE COVER AND PLACE A ROOF OVER THE LENSES!!!

I was very dissapointed by the lack of finesse involved in the camera work.  Putrid.  The pro team should get a re-eval, IMO.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#9 : February 05, 2007, 02:48:37 AM

If I was running one of those cameras, you wouldn't have seen that many rain drops.
My sports camera work is stellar! What they needed was folks dedicated to wiping the
lens while the camera op. concentrated on the game.

#10 : February 05, 2007, 11:19:32 AM

I normally won't jump into a comment like this but I have to agree. CBS was horrible at covering the Super Bowl. The commentators put me to sleep. Fox does a WAAAAAAAAY better job.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#11 : February 05, 2007, 11:41:48 AM

At the end of the game, Nance made a comment on how Dungy was an offensive guy. I forget the word he used.
But Simms nicely corrected him.

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#12 : February 05, 2007, 12:38:30 PM

This was a High-School level production, they should fire the whole crew. I've never seen a game handled so poorly .

OMG yeah! This is the SuperBowl for Pete's Sake!

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

Ironphister

Second String

#13 : February 05, 2007, 02:04:55 PM

CBS is making Nantz the face of the org, but he just overcooks everything.  tries to make an emotional ride out of a simple moment.

he should be narrating missing children infomercials or something, but his crap is so milktose that he fits right in at Augusta unfortunately...  he'll be there as long as he's not ballin' Hootie's niece...

bucpimpin

Pro Bowler
#14 : February 05, 2007, 02:34:21 PM

Their sound was horrible and their picture was not 1080p HD

No one broadcasts in 1080p anywhere in the world. ;) There aren't even plans to use 1080p in the future, the bandwidth just isn't there on 99% of networks.

Probably true, I just think Fox and NBC's Hi Def looks a lot more clear.. can you explain this?

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: CBS's Coverage Sucked!!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools