Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will the Bucs curse be lifted? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

#60 : February 06, 2007, 02:27:00 PM

Can I nominate BucLord as the worst poster in the history of the PR Message boards?
Karen would be offended for sure.
11 posts & you feel free to knock me? Go away & come back after you've boned up on BucGuru, Bucnation 619, and any number of other fools. Or maybe you'd like to be considered for the position?
Go away? LOL...and the 'joke' you made at the end there was quite lame. Nice try though.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#61 : February 06, 2007, 03:55:07 PM

The Glazers really screwed up by making sure they got a Championship!

T,

The Glazers screwed up by giving up the future for that championship. Believe me, no one loved 2002 more than me. However, I was ALWAYS under the belief that you never fire a coach who is a winner. Dungy had taken the Bucs to three straight playoffs...

We'll never know what could have happened if he would have been retained - it may have been the same old same old. We'll never know -

But tell me this - do you think the Bucs could have weathered our salary cap hell a little better with those 2 #1's and 2 #2's we gave up for Gru?

#62 : February 06, 2007, 04:26:22 PM

What a couple of blind Dungy fans are overlooking, is that we would have NO championships to claim had he stayed here and continued trying to win 10-9 with very subpar offenisve coordinators.  ::) 

T

Hall of Famer

#63 : February 06, 2007, 06:19:30 PM

Firing Dungy was a good thing every media person in this town was calling for his head, now they all want to snifff his jock. Firing Dungy probably opened his eyes that his way of winning 9-3 and a run, run, screen then punt offense wouldn't win a championship. Dungy landed a prime gig where all he had to do was improve the defense a little and leave Manning alone. As much as I respect Dungy for how he helped the organazation, it was time for him to go.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#64 : February 06, 2007, 06:23:10 PM

The Glazers made a mistake by courting Parcells and tossing aside Dungy. We all knew this. They got what they deserved when Parcells, like he did so many years ago, left Tampa Bay standing at the alter.

It forced the Glazers to go on that ridiculous trek across America...and ending up getting fleeced by Al Davis.

Jon got us the Super Bowl we all desired. People blame him for "dismantling the team Dungy built". You have no one to blame but the Glazers. They dumped Dungy. They forked over 2 first round picks and 2 second round picks for Gruden. They allowed McKay to continue to sign ridiculous contracts - further dropping us into cap hell.

They gave Jon a Hummer with a shot transmission and told him, "Good luck Golden boy."

We should feel lucky we managed a Super Bowl and a second division championship out of the mess the Glazers created.

Would we have faced the same salary cap hell if Dungy would not have been fired? Of course - however, the pain would have been less of an impact with 2 1st and 2nd round picks at our disposal.

Could we have won the Super Bowl with Dungy? Eventually...but unfortunately, management wasn't willing to wait.

And some of you same fickle bastards that are on here giving Gruden hell and saying we should have never gotten rid of Tony were the same mf's that filled the airwaves back in 2001 saying that we had to get rid of Dungy because he will never fix the offense and he can't win the big one.

Sometimes, our fans just show their ignorance...it amazes me.
  Very nicely said Jason, I do wonder about saying we deserved a SB win, but still very nicely said. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will the Bucs curse be lifted? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools