Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SR ON FOX 13 MONDAY AT 12:20 p.m. TO DISCUSS DUNGY'S WIN « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

PewterReportSR

Hall of Famer
: February 05, 2007, 07:10:56 AM

Pewter Report's Scott Reynolds will be on a panel that includes former Buccaneers greats Lee Roy Selmon and Brad Culpepper on Fox 13 on Monday from 12:20 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. to discuss Tony Dungy's victory and what it means to the NFL, society and the African-American community.

coolhandluke

Starter

#1 : February 05, 2007, 07:42:25 AM

Scott, another great thing I believe to bring up is that he joins Ditka and Flores as Coaches who have also played in the Superbowl.. I believe only those 3 have. BUT.... No one brings up that Flores is also a Minority!!

Will be watching

have fun
cool

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#2 : February 05, 2007, 08:05:13 AM

Can you say that Dungy won with Tom Moore's offense and Jim Mora's team? Thanks,

vipmark

Starter
#3 : February 05, 2007, 01:09:00 PM

I think Reeves played in a SB.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#4 : February 05, 2007, 01:10:04 PM

Nice show Scott.  I totally appreciate your comments.  And contrary to the popular belief here, one can rout for Tony and still be loyal to the Bucs.  I love what Leroy said, Tony's "legacy" extends beyond the field. And some people still feel that since of pride in a man who didn't "deserve" anything but went out and "earned" his rightful place in history...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

bucs1

Practice Squad
#5 : February 05, 2007, 02:19:14 PM

Oh man, I missed him.

T

Hall of Famer

#6 : February 05, 2007, 06:57:34 PM

Uh, anything eventful happen on the show or was it just a HUGE Dungy love fest?? Wish the Tampa media would talk about the Bucs, instead of a team that doesn't even play in our region. Tampa is one of the worst Sports towns ever.

joedav01

Hall of Famer

#7 : February 05, 2007, 07:25:58 PM

The same papers that were calling for Dungy's head 5 years ago wrote a ton of Tony is the greatest human being ever articles today.  Yeah that makes sense.

I wonder if Giants fans and media are still talking about Parcells and having talk shows about him.  Or I wonder if the people in St. Louis are having candle light vigils for their former D-coordinator making it to the Super Bowl this year.  I wonder if the Browns fans and media are still writing articles about Bill Belichick.  Heck are the papers in Oakland writing stories about Jon Gruden??

Enough is enough with this garbage.  This is Tampa Bay, the home of the Bucs.  Tony Dungy hasn't been our coach for over 5 years now.  Why in the hell are they airing TV shows about him today here?  When does the Sam Wyche show come on?  I can't wait for that. *Rolls eyes*

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#8 : February 05, 2007, 07:32:02 PM

Uh, anything eventful happen on the show or was it just a HUGE Dungy love fest?? Wish the Tampa media would talk about the Bucs, instead of a team that doesn't even play in our region. Tampa is one of the worst Sports towns ever.
Exactly what would you say about the Bucs now?  It's super bowl week, you talk about the teams there.  We have a connection to one of the coaches--who still lives here.  Get over it.  It's a nice distraction cuz the Bucs SUCK!! The only things to say about the Bucs are depressing & give me a headache.

joedav01

Hall of Famer

#9 : February 05, 2007, 07:35:39 PM

No Karen. Actually red-neck hicks like you who call every damn sports radio show in town every day and spew your idiocy gives the rest of us a headache and robs us of intelligent sports talk radio.  Hence, the reason I hardly even listen anymore.

I heard you the other day call in to complain that the Bucs were trying out Andre Wadsworth and said it was a "waste of time."  I am glad that you think trying to find players through all means available in the offseason is a waste of time.  Maybe the Bucs should just bring 53 guys to camp and not cut anybody.  That would make football easier to understand for hillbillies like you.

I could care less who they try out and sign in the offseason as long as the best 53 men possible are on the team on opening day.

#10 : February 05, 2007, 07:37:29 PM

No Karen. Actually red-neck hicks like you who call every damn sports radio show in town every day and spew your idiocy gives the rest of us a headache and robs us of intelligent sports talk radio. Hence, the reason I hardly even listen anymore.

I heard you the other day call in to complain that the Bucs were trying out Andre Wadsworth and said it was a "waste of time." I am glad that you think trying to finds players through all means available in the offseason is a waste of time. Maybe the Bucs should jsut bring 53 guys to camp and not cut anybody. That would make football easier to understand for hillbillies like you.
Damn straight, also JD I'll be doing a piece on the Rays for Deadspin so I'll give RB a heads up on that...

bucs1

Practice Squad
#11 : February 05, 2007, 07:40:58 PM

No Karen. Actually red-neck hicks like you who call every damn sports radio show in town every day and spew your idiocy gives the rest of us a headache and robs us of intelligent sports talk radio.  Hence, the reason I hardly even listen anymore.

I heard you the other day call in to complain that the Bucs were trying out Andre Wadsworth and said it was a "waste of time."  I am glad that you think trying to find players through all means available in the offseason is a waste of time.  Maybe the Bucs should just bring 53 guys to camp and not cut anybody.  That would make football easier to understand for hillbillies like you.

I could care less who they try out and sign in the offseason as long as the 53 men possible are on the team on opening day.

Amen to that!!

T

Hall of Famer

#12 : February 05, 2007, 07:44:16 PM

I would just like the local Tampa community to stick with a team through thick and thin!! Is that too much to ask?

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#13 : February 05, 2007, 07:45:12 PM

No Karen. Actually red-neck hicks like you who call every damn sports radio show in town every day and spew your idiocy gives the rest of us a headache and robs us of intelligent sports talk radio.  Hence, the reason I hardly even listen anymore.

I heard you the other day call in to complain that the Bucs were trying out Andre Wadsworth and said it was a "waste of time."  I am glad that you think trying to find players through all means available in the offseason is a waste of time.  Maybe the Bucs should just bring 53 guys to camp and not cut anybody.  That would make football easier to understand for hillbillies like you.

I could care less who they try out and sign in the offseason as long as the 53 men possible are on the team on opening day.
I am most certainly not a hick or a hillbilly.  I'm glad for you that you don't think trying out a guy out of football for 6 yrs is a productive way to spend our time.  We disagree.  But it has nothing to do with why are the news shows not talking about the Bucs.  Because anything they might talk about is a total joke. The fact that this is how far they have to go to find anyone that wants to play here is a shame.

#14 : February 05, 2007, 07:45:32 PM

I would just like the local Tampa community to stick with a team through thick and thin!! Is that too much to ask?
Look at their support, or lack of, the Rays, it's the biggest fairweather city in the south.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SR ON FOX 13 MONDAY AT 12:20 p.m. TO DISCUSS DUNGY'S WIN « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools