Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Way to go Colts! « previous next »
Page: 1 2

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
: February 05, 2007, 08:41:02 AM

Just like the Bears started the season off hot, so did the Colts DEFENSE!  That is what kept the team together during the 9-0 run.  They got burned at the end of the regular season, but the defense stepped up during the playoffs and as we know, defense wins championships!
This was a Tony Dungy team all of the way!  Gruden one a superbowl with a 2002 Bucs defense that responded in very similar fashion.  Let's see Gruden win a Superbowl with HIS offense; it will not happen!
Class act by the entire Colts organization!  I love the fact that Tony wanted to give more credit to God than the fact that he is a black man; how long are we going to keep talking about race?  And for those who don't think the creator of the universe has anything to do with football, who then do you think created the game??
Tony Dungy will go down as one of the all-time great coaches, because quite frankly, he is.  Gruden will go down as one of many coaches who had a decent career, but never reached the superbowl with a Gruden offense.
We should have never let Dungy go.

bucnut

Hall of Famer
#1 : February 05, 2007, 08:48:17 AM

*click*

NFC South BBS Viva la Grudenistas!  GO GATORS!!!

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#2 : February 05, 2007, 08:56:01 AM

Right, when they show the SB victory in 2002 JOn Gruden was up in the coaches box relaxing just letting the defense do it's thing. That's how he was the entire year, he just sat back and watched "Dungy's Team" win the SB. He didn't call any plays, Bill Muir did.

Such a tired, tired topic. 

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#3 : February 05, 2007, 09:11:05 AM

The game was created by man, unless of course you think God is so bored in Worldly events that football cued his interest? Did you really see him send his Son to Earth and start a football team? The Creator has nothing to do with football, it is a silly game to him I am sure. But he does bless the men he created that stick to his word. He blessed Tony last night. He has also tested Tony quite a bit as well.

Dungy winning is well deserved. As for it being a Dungy team all the way--- I guess you think a Tom Moore offense had nothing to do with it??? If it were the case Dungy had the most prolific defense for years, but couldn't manage a offense that could even score a TD in his last 3 playoff games with the Bucs. It took him 5 years with the Colts.

BTW Gruden has reached a SB with his offense. He won one too. Not to mention last I checked it was his players and his offensive system that had the #1 offense pitted against him in the Superbowl he won. You seem to forget that Gruden had 7/11 new starters on offense and 9/22 new starters across the board. You also seem to forget if all it took was Dungy's defense we would have had a SB in 99. And still when Gruden  won it all he epitomized class and gave credit to Dungy for the entire Nation to hear.

As for we should have never let Dungy go. We both know your signature would be far different seeing as how it took Dungy 11 years. You can't be patient enough with 3 losing season out of 5 with 2 divison championships, a Conference championship, and SB title in that 5 years.

Face it you have an agenda of hate against Gruden and spew any chance you get. You throw out clear fabrications that make you look like an idiot.

Try walking in Dungy's shoes -- maybe it will clear up your posts.

#4 : February 05, 2007, 09:44:02 AM

The game was created by man, unless of course you think God is so bored in Worldly events that football cued his interest? Did you really see him send his Son to Earth and start a football team? The Creator has nothing to do with football, it is a silly game to him I am sure. But he does bless the men he created that stick to his word. He blessed Tony last night. He has also tested Tony quite a bit as well.

I find your stance a little unbalanced. On one hand you say that God has nothing to do with football because it's of no interest to him. On the other hand you imply that God made a decision on who would win the game by saying he blessed Tony (and presumably then was testing Lovie?). God doesn't have time to be bothered with football, but he does have time to decide who is going to win a particular game of football? That doesn't make sense to me. Of course, the whole 'God is making decisions that influence the daily minutiae of our lives' is a bit absurd to me.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#5 : February 05, 2007, 09:47:46 AM

I believe G-d does not like to interfere and likes watching us make fools of ourselves. IMVHO 8)

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#6 : February 05, 2007, 10:12:37 AM

Just like the Bears started the season off hot, so did the Colts DEFENSE! That is what kept the team together during the 9-0 run. They got burned at the end of the regular season, but the defense stepped up during the playoffs and as we know, defense wins championships!
This was a Tony Dungy team all of the way! Gruden one a superbowl with a 2002 Bucs defense that responded in very similar fashion. Let's see Gruden win a Superbowl with HIS offense; it will not happen!
Class act by the entire Colts organization! I love the fact that Tony wanted to give more credit to God than the fact that he is a black man; how long are we going to keep talking about race? And for those who don't think the creator of the universe has anything to do with football, who then do you think created the game??
Tony Dungy will go down as one of the all-time great coaches, because quite frankly, he is. Gruden will go down as one of many coaches who had a decent career, but never reached the superbowl with a Gruden offense.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#7 : February 05, 2007, 11:25:25 AM

Dungy winning is well deserved. As for it being a Dungy team all the way--- I guess you think a Tom Moore offense had nothing to do with it??? If it were the case Dungy had the most prolific defense for years, but couldn't manage a offense that could even score a TD in his last 3 playoff games with the Bucs. It took him 5 years with the Colts.

BTW Gruden has reached a SB with his offense. He won one too. Not to mention last I checked it was his players and his offensive system that had the #1 offense pitted against him in the Superbowl he won. You seem to forget that Gruden had 7/11 new starters on offense and 9/22 new starters across the board. You also seem to forget if all it took was Dungy's defense we would have had a SB in 99. And still when Gruden  won it all he epitomized class and gave credit to Dungy for the entire Nation to hear.

As for we should have never let Dungy go. We both know your signature would be far different seeing as how it took Dungy 11 years. You can't be patient enough with 3 losing season out of 5 with 2 divison championships, a Conference championship, and SB title in that 5 years.

Face it you have an agenda of hate against Gruden and spew any chance you get. You throw out clear fabrications that make you look like an idiot.

The creator of the universe is in control of everything, including you and I.  The word tells us that we are not our own.  God would have never let the game of football be created by the men He created if he did not have a purpose for it.
The reason why Dungy is so successful is that he understands what it takes to be successful in football and in life.  The key to his success is that he surrounds himself with talented men who can get the job done.  He is a class act and deserves the accolades that comes to him.
On the other hand, Gruden doesn't understand that it takes others to make him and his system successful.  He keeps attempting to go out and get the next great quarterback, running back, etc., when in reality, they are made through coaching, not necessarily created that way. 
And as for all of the comments that I don't like gruden; you are exactly right.  To call it hate, is absurd.  I find it absolutely amazing that the Grudenistas are just boiling over the fact that Dungy won. 
What amazes me more is that everyone will want gruden back if he goes 8-8 next season and His offense is ranked #20 instead of at the bottom.

It is past time to fire the guy who makes more

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#8 : February 05, 2007, 11:29:18 AM

amazing that the Grudenistas are just boiling over the fact that Dungy won.
What amazes me more is that everyone will want gruden back if he goes 8-8 next season and His offense is ranked #20 instead of at the bottom.

it's fan like you that make me boil over. you bring up this boring discussion all the time. Go be a Colts fan. The reason Dungy FINALLY won the SB is because his defense FINALLY decided to complement the offense. DUngy wouldn't have own a SB here in Tampa, we don't have Peyton Manning.

Dungy won the SB with Tom Moore's offense.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#9 : February 05, 2007, 11:32:24 AM

amazing that the Grudenistas are just boiling over the fact that Dungy won.

it's fan like you that make me boil over. you bring up this boring discussion all the time. Go be a Colts fan. The reason Dungy FINALLY won the SB is because his defense FINALLY decided to complement the offense. DUngy wouldn't have own a SB here in Tampa, we don't have Peyton Manning.

Dungy won the SB with Tom Moore's offense.

Too funny!  the Dungy philosophy on defense finally took center stage this season and he won the whole thing.  He also won a heck of a lot of games in the seasons leading up to this point.  If gruden is STILL implimenting His system, why is it still not effective??  Because he just is not as good as everyone thinks he is.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#10 : February 05, 2007, 11:36:59 AM

that's your opinion. this season the Colts gave up more yards on the ground than any team in league history. He's won a a ton of games because of Tom Moore and Peyton Manning. DUngy went to the only team he could win a SB with. He wouldn't have won the SB here, enough with this milarkey.

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#11 : February 05, 2007, 01:00:32 PM

BTW Gruden has reached a SB with his offense. He won one too. Not to mention last I checked it was his players and his offensive system that had the #1 offense pitted against him in the Superbowl he won. You seem to forget that Gruden had 7/11 new starters on offense and 9/22 new starters across the board. You also seem to forget if all it took was Dungy's defense we would have had a SB in 99. And still when Gruden won it all he epitomized class and gave credit to Dungy for the entire Nation to hear.

The creator of the universe is in control of everything, including you and I. The word tells us that we are not our own. God would have never let the game of football be created by the men He created if he did not have a purpose for it.
The reason why Dungy is so successful is that he understands what it takes to be successful in football and in life. The key to his success is that he surrounds himself with talented men who can get the job done. He is a class act and deserves the accolades that comes to him.
On the other hand, Gruden doesn't understand that it takes others to make him and his system successful. He keeps attempting to go out and get the next great quarterback, running back, etc., when in reality, they are made through coaching, not necessarily created that way.
And as for all of the comments that I don't like gruden; you are exactly right. To call it hate, is absurd. I find it absolutely amazing that the Grudenistas are just boiling over the fact that Dungy won.

It is past time to fire the guy who makes more

The word also quite profoundly tells us we have free will to create and make our own way and choose our own walk on this earth. I guess next your going to tell me God loves the fact this violent sport is played on the Sabbath.

I also have a hard time following your logic that Dungy knows what it takes and Gruden does not. Gruden got his first. And if Dungy was so astute at surrounding himself with talent that could take him there-- with a full cap and every draft pick allotted, why didn't he do it here. Why get guys like Quez, Anthony, and King, etc.. Why couldn't he coach them up. Why couldn't he get guys like Christiensen to perform. Circumstances happen, thats why, bad choices are made, thats why. It goes both ways, but you give Gruden no credit what so ever and all the blame.

Dungy does deserve all the accolades for a fine season and performance. Yet you say we should have kept him when it was obvious for 4 seasons he was not going to get this team over the top.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#12 : February 05, 2007, 01:03:02 PM

Dungy was so astute at surrounding himself with talent that could take him there-- with a full cap and every draft pick allotted, why didn't he do it here. Why get guys like Quez, Anthony, and King, etc.. Why couldn't he coach them up. Why couldn't he get guys like Christiensen to perform.

Because God isn't a Buc fan, didn't you know that?

InlandTaipan

Practice Squad

#13 : February 05, 2007, 01:22:31 PM

Just like the Bears started the season off hot, so did the Colts DEFENSE! That is what kept the team together during the 9-0 run. They got burned at the end of the regular season, but the defense stepped up during the playoffs and as we know, defense wins championships!
This was a Tony Dungy team all of the way! Gruden one a superbowl with a 2002 Bucs defense that responded in very similar fashion. Let's see Gruden win a Superbowl with HIS offense; it will not happen!
Class act by the entire Colts organization! I love the fact that Tony wanted to give more credit to God than the fact that he is a black man; how long are we going to keep talking about race? And for those who don't think the creator of the universe has anything to do with football, who then do you think created the game??
Tony Dungy will go down as one of the all-time great coaches, because quite frankly, he is. Gruden will go down as one of many coaches who had a decent career, but never reached the superbowl with a Gruden offense.

Dat is funniest ting I ever read mon...

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#14 : February 05, 2007, 03:41:00 PM

Guru, you are dumb.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Way to go Colts! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools