Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Draft/Offseason Prediction/Mock « previous next »
Page: 1 2

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

« : February 05, 2007, 10:02:55 AM »

CaddyHovan95 (is me)

1 (Pick # 4).) Amobi Okoye DT Louisville: Before the combine this pick might be seen as a reach in some eyes but I think after an impressive combine performance Amobi Okoye will raise his stock enough that the Tampa Bay will feel comfortable enough to draft him. Okoye will fill a glaring hole in Tampa Bay's defense and become an instant assest by causing pressure from the middle. The combination of Chris Hovan and Amobi Okoye will be a pair to be reckoned with.

2a.) Robert Meachem WR Tennesee: The lack of production out of Michael Clayton and the increasing age of Joey Galloway make WR a need for Tampa Bay. When Sidney Rice doesnt fall out of the 1st round Tampa will make a compromise and draft this junior out of Tennesee in an attempt to add potency to an invisible offense.

2b.) Eric Weddle S Utah: Tampa's safeties were picked apart on dozens of occasions throughout the 2006 season and the duo of Will Allen and Jermain Phillips are simply not getting it done. A hard-working cover man in Eric Weddle will be an instant addition to the secondary.

3.) : Tanard Jackson CB Syracuse: With Brian Kelly and Ronde Barber getting up there in years this hard hitting CB will be another addition to the secondary. Although he has questionable deep coverage skills and decent timed speed the downside of  these attributes should be minimized by the CBs function in the Tampa 2.

4.) Prescott Burgess OLB Michigan: Hard hitting OLB with a great motor coming out of one of the most potent defensive schools in the nation. Can play either middle or outside linebacker but will be expected to play OLB in this system. Burgess has great coverage skills and this is a most in the Cover 2 defense.

5.) Kyle Young C Fresno State: Ferocious center with alot of experince and is nearly the perfecet size for a center. A few years on the bench should be enough to prep him into becoming the leader of Tampa's offensive line.

7.) Nate Ilaoa RB Hawaii: A 5-9 248 lb bowling ball that could play FB in the pros. Has excellent recieving skills and played WR his first year of college. Averaged 7.6 YPC his junior and senior year and has great upper body strength. Drafted to play FB in Gruden's system.

Free Agency:
Key Acquistions:
Justin Smith DE: A first round draft pick in 2001, Justin Smith is a powerful Pass rusher who is also stout against the run and will breathe life back into the Tampa Bay pass rush.

Joey Harrington: Scheduled to make about 3.8million next year with a 1million dollar bonus in March the dolphins will release him in an attempt to open up more cap space and he will come to Tampa Bay with the hopes of beating out Chris Simms and Tim Rattay for the starting job.

Re-Sign:
Phillip Buchanon
Tim Rattay
Extend:
Jamie Winborn

2007 Opening Day Depth Chart:

QB:
Chris Simms
Joey Harrington
Bruce Gradkowski

RB:
Cadillac Williams
Michael Pittman
Earnest Graham

FB:
Nate Ilaoa

WR:
Joey Galloway
Maurice Stovall
Robert Meachem
Michael Clayton
David Boston

TE:
Alex Smith
Anthony Becht
T.J. Williams

LT:
Anthony Davis

LG:
Dan Buenning

C:
John Wade
Kyle Young

RG:
Davin Joseph

RT:
Jeremy Trueblood
Kenyatta Walker

RDE:
Simeon Rice
Julian Jenkins

NT:
Chris Hovan
Jon Bradley

UT:
Amobi Okoye
Ellis Wymms

LDE:
Justin Smith
Greg Spires

Will:
Derrick Brooks
Jamie Winborn

Mike:
Barrett Ruud
Shelton Quarles

Sam:
Prescott Burgess
Ryan Nece

CB:
Ronde Barber
Brian Kelly
Phillip Buchanon
Tanard Jackson
Juran Bolden
Alan Zematis

FS: Eric Weddle
Will Allen
Kalvin Pearson

SS: Jermaine Phillips
Blue Adams

K: Matt Bryant
P: Josh Bidwell

Shag

Pro Bowler

« #1 : February 05, 2007, 10:15:47 AM »

Okoye isn't worth a top 10 pick much less top 5. Even if he lights up the combine he is all potential. What he has done on the field is marginal 1st round talent. I would say he is worth more like the 15-20 range at best.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #2 : February 05, 2007, 10:17:58 AM »

I disagree Shag.

All the players in the top ten that are projected currently and will be drafted in the top ten is based mainly on potential. 

Shag

Pro Bowler

« #3 : February 05, 2007, 10:22:06 AM »

I disagree Shag.

All the players in the top ten that are projected currently and will be drafted in the top ten is based mainly on potential. 

I'm talking about added potential even as a college player. What Okoye did on the field this year is not worth all his hype. There are plenty of other players who outplayed him. Okoye has the potential in that case because of his age and maybe he hasn't physically matured completely.

SCBUCFAN

Pro Bowler

« #4 : February 05, 2007, 10:24:30 AM »

I would only take Okoye if we trade down from 4 to 6/7/8/9 to pick him.  Throw in a DE Victor Abiamiri/Woodley or maybe Carriker(trade up using the extra second obtained by trading down for Okoye) at 2a instead of Meachem and it would be a pretty nice draft.  Also pick OT Doug Free in the 4th/5th round and I would be happy.  

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

« #5 : February 05, 2007, 11:16:42 AM »

I don't like this offseason much at all.

I prefer Carr to Harrington, I don't like that FB you picked. We need a big blocker. Finally, Okoye at 4 is a total reach.

SCBUCFAN

Pro Bowler

« #6 : February 05, 2007, 11:22:04 AM »

Who is gonna play Guard or tackle if there are any injuries?

Shag

Pro Bowler

« #7 : February 05, 2007, 11:26:15 AM »

Does it really matter? Walker, Mahan, etc.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

« #8 : February 05, 2007, 11:40:31 AM »

I don't like this offseason much at all.

I prefer Carr to Harrington, I don't like that FB you picked. We need a big blocker. Finally, Okoye at 4 is a total reach.

Well I think word around the Senior Bowl was that Carr would be avaliable for a third round pick and I just dont think he is worth a high third round pick.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

« #9 : February 05, 2007, 11:44:07 AM »

I would only take Okoye if we trade down from 4 to 6/7/8/9 to pick him.  Throw in a DE Victor Abiamiri/Woodley or maybe Carriker(trade up using the extra second obtained by trading down for Okoye) at 2a instead of Meachem and it would be a pretty nice draft.  Also pick OT Doug Free in the 4th/5th round and I would be happy. 

I think I would rather have Justin Smith then the above mentioned DEs mainly because 2 of them have a better build for 3-4 OLBs or ends. 

SCBUCFAN

Pro Bowler

« #10 : February 05, 2007, 11:50:07 AM »

Does it really matter? Walker, Mahan, etc.

My response was to the 2007 openning roster posted by SunnyD above.    Joseph, Walker and Buenning all missed time due to injury.  Walker and Buenning ended the season on IR.  Buenning also might not be ready to open the season.  So yeah the back ups on the line do matter.  In sunnyd's projection he doesn't have us keeping Mahan.

"LT:
Anthony Davis

LG:
Dan Buenning

C:
John Wade
Kyle Young

RG:
Davin Joseph

RT:
Jeremy Trueblood
Kenyatta Walker"

SCBUCFAN

Pro Bowler

« #11 : February 05, 2007, 11:52:17 AM »

I would only take Okoye if we trade down from 4 to 6/7/8/9 to pick him. Throw in a DE Victor Abiamiri/Woodley or maybe Carriker(trade up using the extra second obtained by trading down for Okoye) at 2a instead of Meachem and it would be a pretty nice draft. Also pick OT Doug Free in the 4th/5th round and I would be happy.

I think I would rather have Justin Smith then the above mentioned DEs mainly because 2 of them have a better build for 3-4 OLBs or ends.

I agree Justin Smith would be a good FA signing.  However even if we sign him I would still like to add another DE in the top three rounds of the draft.

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
« #12 : February 05, 2007, 11:54:16 AM »

I've gotten sold on trading two second round picks, if possible, to get Okoye and Carriker.  Then Meecham for 2nd round.  I think we get a few more free agents and I don't want Joey Harrington.  I don't think he does a single thing for us...It would be more llike last year. And I like Joey a lot and have followed him since college, but I don't think he has IT>  I still like Garcia, so I guess we'll see on that one.

Shag

Pro Bowler

« #13 : February 05, 2007, 11:59:37 AM »

My response was to the 2007 openning roster posted by SunnyD above.    Joseph, Walker and Buenning all missed time due to injury.  Walker and Buenning ended the season on IR.  Buenning also might not be ready to open the season.  So yeah the back ups on the line do matter.  In sunnyd's projection he doesn't have us keeping Mahan.

Just wait through training camp and see who the best of the worst are. There's the backups right there. Of course that's the plan for finding the starters too. Like I said it doesn't matter.

SCBUCFAN

Pro Bowler

« #14 : February 05, 2007, 02:29:29 PM »

Just wait through training camp and see who the best of the worst are. There's the backups right there. Of course that's the plan for finding the starters too. Like I said it doesn't matter.

If it doesn't matter to you about who will be starters and who will be backups or who will be on the team in 07 then why are you posting in a message board thread about what the offseason will bring?????  If your not interested in these things why don't you just skip the thread and let those who want to discuss these things do so.  As far as I am concerned the depth of the Oline does matter.
  Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Draft/Offseason Prediction/Mock « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools