Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Draft/Offseason Prediction/Mock « previous next »
Page: 1 2

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#15 : February 05, 2007, 02:33:02 PM

I guess I didnt really put much though into the back up Guard and Tackle positions. But that wasn't really a roster it was more of a Depth Chart I just put the notable backups on there. I suppose grabbing a tackle or a guard in the late rounds perhaps instead of a Center wouldnt be such a bad idea.

Shag

Pro Bowler

#16 : February 05, 2007, 02:48:22 PM

If it doesn't matter to you about who will be starters and who will be backups or who will be on the team in 07 then why are you posting in a message board thread about what the offseason will bring?????  If your not interested in these things why don't you just skip the thread and let those who want to discuss these things do so.  As far as I am concerned the depth of the Oline does matter.

When did I say I don't care about the starters? I guess I just care less about the OL. They suck every year. Unless we're talking about getting a starter to actually improve the OL, then that would be different. I don't want any of the draft used on the OL unless it's getting a center in the 2nd round, or Thomas in the 1st round.

SCBUCFAN

Pro Bowler

#17 : February 05, 2007, 04:05:09 PM

I guess I didnt really put much though into the back up Guard and Tackle positions. But that wasn't really a roster it was more of a Depth Chart I just put the notable backups on there. I suppose grabbing a tackle or a guard in the late rounds perhaps instead of a Center wouldnt be such a bad idea.

I like the idea of drafting a center.  I also would like to see some competition at the left tackle or guard position.  The team hasn't done that great of a job drafting lineman in the later rounds of the draft of late but I hope that doesn't discourage them from taking a guy if he could possibly provide some depth.  I think this teams ability to win depends on improving the defensive and offensive line.  That is why this draft is so exciting is that we could land a player like Joe Thomas or some of the other top 5 players on the board.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#18 : February 05, 2007, 10:09:57 PM

CaddyHovan95 (is me)

That's funny because my name was ChrisHovan95 and then i changed it to Cadillac 24.

bfarbs

Pro Bowler
#19 : February 05, 2007, 10:14:38 PM

That is a reach at 4.  I think we should draft a DE at top of Round 2 over WR.  Those are the two deepest positions in draft so I understand why you went WR there, but  I think that would be a waste.  WRs rarely contribute as rookies and it is highest risk position to draft.  I say we go DE (Woodley or the guy from Notre Dame are candidates to fall to us with that pick) or the Center from USC if he is still on the board with that high 2nd round pick. A DE can contribute as a rookie, and a solid Center would displace Wade or Mahan by mid season.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#20 : February 05, 2007, 10:38:54 PM

That is a reach at 4. I think we should draft a DE at top of Round 2 over WR. Those are the two deepest positions in draft so I understand why you went WR there, but I think that would be a waste. WRs rarely contribute as rookies and it is highest risk position to draft. I say we go DE (Woodley or the guy from Notre Dame are candidates to fall to us with that pick) or the Center from USC if he is still on the board with that high 2nd round pick. A DE can contribute as a rookie, and a solid Center would displace Wade or Mahan by mid season.

I know our defense did not impress this year but lets be honest our offense was even worse. With the acquistion of Justin Smith in FA I think Tampa Bay would be compelled to draft someone to add to the potency of the offense. I dont think the fact that alot of WRs dont contribute their first year is a valid reason because I dont want Gruden flaunting away our draft picks on quick fixes. A solid WR in the top of the second would help some this year but would contribute more over the years. I am not dillusional enough to think that a bunch of cap space and a couple of draft picks will make Tampa a contender next year.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Draft/Offseason Prediction/Mock « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools