Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: lack of emotion / lack of celebration « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

TURBO

Hall of Famer

: February 05, 2007, 10:26:03 AM

sorry guys, but when a team wins the super bowl, I expect to see some tears, some emotion, not a bunch of walking stiffs acting like it is no big deal.

The only emotion I saw from Manning was the b1tching and complaining he does all game long when things don't go right.  He is the biggest whiner I have ever seen, and I bet secretly, his teamates HATE playing for him.  He is always chewing someone out, ALWAYs, and I get tired of seeing it.  He has fast become my most hated player in the NFL.

On the podium, Manning was lifeless, smug and emotionless.  I'm not a Dungy hater, but the guy needs to loosen up and enjoy himself more in public.

When we won it, I loved seeing the excitement from Gruden and HIS players.  It added to the the entire situation.  There just seemed to be something missing from this celebartion that every other team shows after winning the big one.  Even when the pats were winning the 3 they won, they celbrated, had a good time, but the colts looked like it wasn't even that fun to win it all...  Is this because Dungy's team has taken on his personality?  Did he tell them that if they won, they should stand around with no emotion, with their arms crossed?

I can't stand Peyton Manning, and now I get to listen to how great he is for the next several weeks...  yay.

ok, I'm done...

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#1 : February 05, 2007, 10:28:04 AM

Grasping for straws?

#2 : February 05, 2007, 10:40:08 AM

sorry guys, but when a team wins the super bowl, I expect to see some tears, some emotion, not a bunch of walking stiffs acting like it is no big deal.

The only emotion I saw from Manning was the b1tching and complaining he does all game long when things don't go right. He is the biggest whiner I have ever seen, and I bet secretly, his teamates HATE playing for him. He is always chewing someone out, ALWAYs, and I get tired of seeing it. He has fast become my most hated player in the NFL.

On the podium, Manning was lifeless, smug and emotionless. I'm not a Dungy hater, but the guy needs to loosen up and enjoy himself more in public.

When we won it, I loved seeing the excitement from Gruden and HIS players. It added to the the entire situation. There just seemed to be something missing from this celebartion that every other team shows after winning the big one. Even when the pats were winning the 3 they won, they celbrated, had a good time, but the colts looked like it wasn't even that fun to win it all... Is this because Dungy's team has taken on his personality? Did he tell them that if they won, they should stand around with no emotion, with their arms crossed?

I can't stand Peyton Manning, and now I get to listen to how great he is for the next several weeks... yay.

ok, I'm done...

Coach Dungy smiled a couple of times....WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT.   ???

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#3 : February 05, 2007, 10:43:04 AM

Grasping for straws?

you didn't notice the lack of emotion by the players and coaches?

I expected more excitement.

grasping for straws?  meaning........?

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#4 : February 05, 2007, 10:45:06 AM

Peyton does act like a tool. He's got that "shuks thanks" look to him.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#5 : February 05, 2007, 10:51:43 AM

Grasping for straws?

grasping for straws?  meaning........?

...meaning, if you are so desperately looking for reasons to hate Manning, and turning over every stone and looking behind every corner....I heard he called little Suzy chubby once back in 5th grade.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#6 : February 05, 2007, 10:56:22 AM

Grasping for straws?

grasping for straws? meaning........?

...meaning, if you are so desperately looking for reasons to hate Manning, and turning over every stone and looking behind every corner....I heard he called little Suzy chubby once back in 5th grade.

lol

well, that is not what I am doing, I had nothing against him before this game and his lack of emotion afterwards.  His constant barking at his players and whining have always turned me off, but watching him on this stage and what happened afterwards just did it for me.

I hope he never wins another one, and seriously, he did not deserve the MVP award, that was given on NAME and name alone...

#7 : February 05, 2007, 10:58:34 AM

He probably won MVP because the votes got split between Addai and Rhodes.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#8 : February 05, 2007, 11:00:15 AM

He probably won MVP because the votes got split between Addai and Rhodes.

I was with the announcers, it should have been a CO-MVP for Rhodes and Addai, either that or the entire colts offensive line could have gotten the award..

psymun

Starter
#9 : February 05, 2007, 11:00:28 AM

heard he called little Suzy chubby once back in 5th grade.

Haven't we all?

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#10 : February 05, 2007, 11:01:50 AM

Dear god, people are now critiquing celebrations? If he'd been happy people would say he was jumping around like an idiot and to "act like a pro".

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#11 : February 05, 2007, 11:02:35 AM

heard he called little Suzy chubby once back in 5th grade.

Haven't we all?
No, I'm not mean like that!!!

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#12 : February 05, 2007, 11:02:55 AM

Dear god, people are now critiquing celebrations? If he'd been happy people would say he was jumping around like an idiot and to "act like a pro".
Exactly.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#13 : February 05, 2007, 11:03:45 AM

not after a super bowl win, THAT is the one time you can act a fool and no one would have a problem with it!

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#14 : February 05, 2007, 11:04:46 AM

well, I guess I just saw it differently than the rest of you then.  After we won it, the celebration was obvious on TV, the entire thing just seemed a bit empty to me...

oh well.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: lack of emotion / lack of celebration « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools