Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Peyton Manning - Where does he rank now all time? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
: February 05, 2007, 12:56:24 PM

While Peyton's put up great numbers for the last 4 years or so, he had rarely been considered truly great because he hadn't won the big one. Well, now that he's got a ring, where would you say he ranks among the greatest NFL QBs?

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

Ironphister

Second String

#1 : February 05, 2007, 12:59:49 PM

Top 20 on numbers alone I would guess.  With a ring?  maybe top 10?  Winning another would put him Top 5 without a doubt...

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#2 : February 05, 2007, 01:05:44 PM

Well he's only 30, but if you try to guess his future numbers, he'll probably go down as the best of all time when he's done.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#3 : February 05, 2007, 02:07:20 PM

He's gonna be way, way up there now. He won the biggest game, he won the AFCC game with mayeb not "the" drive but certainly "a" drive. You look at his production and he's among the top 2-3 in terms of discussion at this stage of his career.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#4 : February 05, 2007, 02:26:24 PM

When it's all said and done, he'll be ranked in the top 5 best quarterbacks of all time.

Lynch47

Hall of Famer

#5 : February 05, 2007, 02:51:02 PM

Maybe someday top 5 but not yet.

#6 : February 05, 2007, 03:19:06 PM

TOP 5:

Montana, Brady, Elway, Manning, Marino.

Honorable mention for Steve Young, my personal favorite.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#7 : February 05, 2007, 03:22:28 PM

ummmm, BRETT FAVRE?

#8 : February 05, 2007, 03:23:43 PM

ummmm, BRETT FAVRE?

I wouldn't take Favre over either of those 6,  and I'd throw Jim Kelly in there also.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#9 : February 05, 2007, 03:24:28 PM

He keeps up being healthy, having a decent crew around him, and he will be the best ever, IMO.

Ironphister

Second String

#10 : February 05, 2007, 03:27:48 PM

Top 5:

Montana, Bradshaw, Brady, Elway, Marino/Favre - and when he retires, insert Manning and then we can debate who's next between Marino and Favre (nod to Favre with jewelry)...

barberandbrooks

Practice Squad

#11 : February 05, 2007, 03:28:53 PM

he was the best before the superbowl..and now hes by far the best

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#12 : February 05, 2007, 03:29:21 PM

He's on pace to be the best of all time. As long as Indy surrounds him with talent and a good line, he will probably end up holding most if not all of the career passing records by the time he retires. He might be even able to add another ring or two in his career as well while Harrison is still around.

Ironphister

Second String

#13 : February 05, 2007, 03:34:40 PM

it actually raises a great debate because i was on an island for years saying elway was a bust, then he got a running game and got a pair of rings...  so the question is despite all the records, would manning have been in that elite class he not gotten over last night? or ever?

i always looked at manning as this generations marino - great numbers, never a champion.  i don't think marino ever had the talent around him that would be comparable to what manning has at his disposal.  while marino's line was great at pass protection, they never had a legit 100 yard threat back there.

i think last nights win bumps marino and gives Favre and Manning the next chapter of that argument...

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#14 : February 05, 2007, 03:40:20 PM

Even if Manning didn't win yesterday, I think by the time he retired, he would have eventually gotten one. Because Manning is so good in the regular season, it would only be a matter of time before he got favorable matchups in the postseason and would probably reach the superbowl again.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Peyton Manning - Where does he rank now all time? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools