Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lions not going QB... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #45 : February 05, 2007, 10:13:55 PM »

They got Orlovsky in the reigns.

They got JOnes as a RB.

They got some decent wideouts.

The only sane thing for them to do is take Thomas.  Even with Backus, it is a smart move.  It bolsters their offense a great deal to have those guys in place, and methinks that Kitna is a guy they will stick with.  He isn't that bad.

dm4bucs

Starter
« #46 : February 05, 2007, 11:10:18 PM »

They got JOnes as a RB.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2695104

I wouldn't be to sure on kevin jones being the RB for the lions next year.

« #47 : February 05, 2007, 11:12:08 PM »

Take CJ damn it

Mellow

Starter

« #48 : February 05, 2007, 11:15:46 PM »

"Coordinator Mike Martz let the proverbial cat out of the bag late last week when he was quoted as saying a quarterback did not figure in the Lions’ plans for their first-round pick at the 2007 draft.

Why would you guys actually believe anything that a coach is saying before the draft?

AGREE with you on this one. Can you say smokescreen. Who the hell is going to play QB for them in the future??KITNA?? With Millen calling the shots look for another **CENSORED**ty first round slection.

Basically agree, but then again the Bucs said over and over again they were interested in Caddy in 2005 and then turned around and drafted . . . Caddy.  So sometimes, up there at the top of the draft, there may be fire with that smoke.

And please, please, please do NOT take CJ with a top-5 pick.  The reasons have been articulated in many other threads (and not just by me), but in a nutshell: (a) WR are way too risky (yes, even CJ); (b) Bucs have many other desperate needs; (c) unless it's LT, defense is long overdue for an influx of new talent.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

« #49 : February 05, 2007, 11:19:18 PM »

I have a connection with the badger football team, and that connection told me that the lions are DEFINATELY interested in Joe Thomas as thier pick...  He did not say it was a given, but it sounds like an ALMOST given.

That is all I can say in the matter.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

« #50 : February 06, 2007, 12:33:48 PM »

I have a connection with the badger football team, and that connection told me that the lions are DEFINATELY interested in Joe Thomas as thier pick... He did not say it was a given, but it sounds like an ALMOST given.

That is all I can say in the matter.

That's all pretty much everyone has said in the matter..  :-

RedAlert... Look at the Colts. Explosive offense that can score at any time. And an average defense that helps every now and then. Currently we are the lesser form of the Bears. I'd rather start following the Colts direction...

So would I, but we're fresh out of Mannings to draft.

LoL. Yep.

But OL is the key to any offense. Until we get a solid foundation along the front line, we can't truly judge how well the skill players are performing, save dropsies and fumbles...

And the Colts defense was far from "average" during the playoffs, they rose to another level. Credit to Tony D..

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lions not going QB... « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools