Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lance Briggs Could Possibly Go To The Giants Now « previous next »
Page: 1 2

bucs1

Practice Squad
: February 05, 2007, 10:18:20 PM

From ProFootballTalk.com http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

PIERCE GETS A CHANCE TO LOBBY BRIGGS IN PERSON

Not long ago, Giants linebacker Antonio Pierce made it known that he'd like Bears linebacker Lance Briggs, a soon-to-be free agent, to join him in New York.

Pierce, who made the jump from the Redskins two years ago, has been added to the NFC Pro Bowl roster as a replacement for Bears middle linebacker Brian Urlacher, who suffered a toe injury in the Super Bowl.

Briggs will hit the market on March 2 if the Bears don't sign him before then, or if the Bears choose not to slap the franchise tag on him.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#1 : February 05, 2007, 10:22:25 PM

Again, like someone else said, he likely will go where the money is. But other factors come into play as well. Let's see -- fall/winter weather in NY vs weather in Tampa for instance? Hmmmm.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#2 : February 05, 2007, 10:56:06 PM

Again, like someone else said, he likely will go where the money is. But other factors come into play as well. Let's see -- fall/winter weather in NY vs weather in Tampa for instance? Hmmmm.
He plays in Chicago, and is used to bad weather.  I doubt weather is a factor.  I think the money is the factor, the team is a distant #2.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#3 : February 05, 2007, 10:57:56 PM

money is ALWAYS the factor...don't go kidding yourselves into thinking that sunny wheather brings them in, it doesn't, but money sure as hell does.

bklynbucs11

Starter

#4 : February 05, 2007, 11:01:38 PM

Where the hell do the Giants get the cap room from?

dm4bucs

Starter
#5 : February 05, 2007, 11:03:58 PM

Where the hell do the Giants get the cap room from?

I was thinking the same thing b/c didn't they just sign lavar arrington to a big contract and they seem to have alot of big name players like shockey, manning, plaxico, etc...

tampabayfan

Pro Bowler

#6 : February 05, 2007, 11:20:05 PM

profootball talk is crap!

#7 : February 05, 2007, 11:21:14 PM

No, it's not, Florio may post some questionable things, but the majority of their stuff is from sources, I can speak from experience when I see most of the time sources are right, sometimes they just get one wrong.

tampabayfan

Pro Bowler

#8 : February 05, 2007, 11:22:40 PM

Its gossip. Its not news.

#9 : February 05, 2007, 11:35:35 PM

Gossip or sources? Fiorio  > ESPN

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#10 : February 05, 2007, 11:38:14 PM

They post the news before the news becomes news.

Prime example - they were all over Nick Saban's Alabama deal - when all the traditional media ragged on them for standing by their guns and saying he is going to go...and the Nicktator's outright lies about the whole thing - they were ultimately proven right.

Several players read the site, as well as league insiders. Florio has been able to cultivate that into a strong network of sources.

Are a lot of it false rumors? Not really, mostly they post things that are printed by the "legit media" with attributed links - so its a great informational tool if you don't feel like going to every newspaper in every city of the NFL.

If they hear something, they post it. Many times it comes true, sometimes it doesn't. But their track record is just as good, if not better, than the so called "NFL Insiders" like Mortensen.

tampabayfan

Pro Bowler

#11 : February 05, 2007, 11:41:01 PM

ESPN is even bigger crap. 

Lynch47

Hall of Famer

#12 : February 06, 2007, 06:19:09 AM

And when the Bears franchise him he'll go nowhere

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#13 : February 06, 2007, 08:06:37 AM

you can't sleep on PFT man. They cover football completely different than any other media outlet. Florio's the man IMO and hilarious. You can email him all day and he'll respond to each one of them.

bucnut

Hall of Famer
#14 : February 06, 2007, 08:28:06 AM

I used to think PFT was crap, but they've gotten better at what they do.  I always make it my first stop of the day, mostly to see the PFT Pic of the Day.  Those are totally hilarious!  You are absolutely correct about the Saban stuff though.  They were the only ones reporting that it would happen, and it sho 'nuff did.  Kudo's to Florio for that one!

NFC South BBS Viva la Grudenistas!  GO GATORS!!!
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lance Briggs Could Possibly Go To The Giants Now « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools