Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lance Briggs Could Possibly Go To The Giants Now « previous next »
Page: 1 2

tampabayfan

Pro Bowler

#15 : February 06, 2007, 09:04:23 AM

Well I used to read that stuff--only about 1/4 ever panned out like they said.  Now I'm not really concerend about knowing what's going to happen.  When it happens, I'm sure someone body will start a thread about it. I don't even care if Briggs ends up in New York. They arent even a divisional rival. If its to show we arent going to get him--well I wasnt counting on that anyhow since we spend more of money on the offense now.  I think we better off getting D players in the draft than paying way too much for FA and only getting a few sesons out of them. 

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#16 : February 06, 2007, 11:16:30 AM

there's no story here, except that pierce is going to the pro bowl.  nowhere does PFT assert that it's likely or even possible that he ends up in new york as opposed to some other city.  that assertion was made in the headline of the post, not in the PFT article, so it's not exactly like they are stretching anybody's limits of belief here just regurgitating fact.

fact- Briggs will be a FA on 3/2 barring a deal or a franchise tag
fact- pierce has said he wants briggs on his team
fact- pierce and briggs will be in hawaii together

nothing earth-shattering here.

gone

Hall of Famer
#17 : February 06, 2007, 11:37:37 AM

money is ALWAYS the factor...don't go kidding yourselves into thinking that sunny wheather brings them in, it doesn't, but money sure as hell does.

Actually I disagree.  Once you hit a certain point financially it's not all about the money.  And that point is pretty low.  Granted a difference of millions would make a difference, but other things come into play, and location is one of them.  I'd never move to Philly, ot Atlanta, or LA.  Those places are holes.  I probably wouldn't go back to NY either.  The wife and I have looked over a lot of options, as we're probably going to be moving in the next few years to keep her carreer on track.   We'v listed places we just won't go, unless the money is outrageous.  And there are places that we would go, but would require more money than other places due to cost of living, etc. 

Between the state income tax thing, and the huge difference in property taxes in some states, we get a built in addition of over about 7 - 10% of a contract's value.  And when the difference in the amount that people are offering is less than 10%, I'd think that FL has some advantages.  I'd think a NY team would have to offer about 20% more to be offering equal value overall.   Remember, these guys have to live in the city they play in for half the winter.  No snow, freezing, etc.  Beaches that you can enjoy through october, longer golf season, etc.  These things do have an impact.  About the only downfall we have here is the school system, that's a hard one to sell to a parent who's coming here.  Even with all the money, you can't get the same education here with kids.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#18 : February 06, 2007, 11:43:51 AM

Briggs is an All Pro caliber LB that is still in his prime.  Yes he is worth throwing money at.  Question you have to ask though is he worth that much money?

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#19 : February 06, 2007, 11:53:25 AM

The other thing is to realize we're not the only team after him and we're not the only team with a ton of jack. He's gonna demand a lot of time and money and time might be the bigger factor. You tie up a ton of jack waiting for him to travel the Lance Briggs lovefest circuit for a week and other options start to move off the board at the same position. This is why teams go nuclear and toss huge deals at midnight to try and quickly sign a guy so they know where they stand.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Lynch47

Hall of Famer

#20 : February 06, 2007, 12:05:11 PM

Odss are the Bears will franchise him

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#21 : February 06, 2007, 12:06:50 PM

The other thing is to realize we're not the only team after him..

Nor is he overly important. I wouldn't consider it a big loss if we don't sign him, although it'd be a great addition.

But I'd rather we pursue some kind of DL in FA, if there's any out there, because if we score there it provides a little more flexibility on draft day.

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#22 : February 06, 2007, 12:26:20 PM

I would rather play in the cold for three hours. Then go through 2 aday training camp on 100 degree fields daily.
Just a thought

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#23 : February 06, 2007, 12:53:01 PM

Bum, if you play for a cold weather team, you don't just fly in for 3 hours on game day, you have to live there. Practice every day, mostly outside where it's cold. So just as Caradoc said, everything else being equal as far as pay, wouldn't you rather go to a warm weather city then one that you freeze in?

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#24 : February 07, 2007, 01:18:55 AM

if they franchise him they will put themselves in cap hell....briggs will be a buc.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#25 : February 07, 2007, 01:20:06 AM

Briggs will be a Forty Niner, or a Bear...just my opinion.

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#26 : February 07, 2007, 01:38:09 AM

oh by the way he dropped out of the pro bowl which shoots this post right between the eyes.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#27 : February 07, 2007, 01:41:36 AM

oh by the way he dropped out of the pro bowl which shoots this post right between the eyes.
How so?

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#28 : February 08, 2007, 03:09:02 AM

BOID,IT STATES THAT PIERCE CAN LOBBY FOR HIS SERVICES ,BE HARD TO DO IF HES NOT THERE,duhhhh.Read the post next time my good man lol.

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#29 : February 08, 2007, 06:33:39 AM

Ill believe it when i see it, i dont get how they will keep all these lbs, they just signed arrington last year!

I think he stays with the bears anyways

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lance Briggs Could Possibly Go To The Giants Now « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools