Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Edge James « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#15 : February 06, 2007, 10:51:58 AM

can you elaborate?

I think he wipes his tears with those 100's as well. He's not pissed at all.

Manning took the big, BIG deal. He sucks down so much cap room the Colts have to make these types of decisions. They had to pick between Wayne and Edge becuase of the Manning deal.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#16 : February 06, 2007, 10:55:11 AM

Karen, That is why Jones left, and Sapp left.. for the Money! Yet you bash the Bucs because they are gone.

Lynch was booted out either

Carry on
we never offered Sapp a contract.  HE would have signed for less if we at least had tried. We lost Sapp because of our stupity. Just like Jones.  About the dumbest thing this team ever did was let Lynch walk and the way we did it--terrible.  Him getting these awards and going to the probowl, no real shock there.
We lost Sapp, because we couldn't afford him. PERIOD

It has become painfully obvious that letting Lynch go was a mistake.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#17 : February 06, 2007, 10:59:22 AM

We had a big cap hit on with McF but if the will had been there we could have kept Sapp. We let him go in 2004 the same year we signed Derrick Deese, Todd Steussie and Charlie Garner who > $$$$$$ Sapp.

In retrospect we dropped Lynch and Sapp to sign those three cats. We could have kept either one with the same jack from those dogs but we chose the wrong aging players to dump our limited cap room on.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#18 : February 06, 2007, 11:02:33 AM

Edge did an interview last week where he was totally humble and said that the Colts going to the Super Bowl was the next best thing to him going. He was happy for his friends and very enthusiastic about the Cardinals upcoming season. I always thought he was kind of an ass, but he was genuinely proud of the Colts.
Yeah, by all accounts Edge was very happy for them and acted as their host in Miami.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#19 : February 06, 2007, 11:19:59 AM

let's not paint edge as a money whore, his hand was sorta forced...the colts didn't have the money to pay him like anything close to a top-10 back.  i don't care how high and mighty you guys want to act, no matter how much you loved your work and thought you were going places with a particular employer, if you knew they were only paying you half of what you're worth you'd be looking at other opportunities.

#20 : February 06, 2007, 11:55:03 AM

To quote Kim Etheridge: "Edge has 30 million reasons to be happy today."

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#21 : February 06, 2007, 11:57:08 AM

I verped after hearing her say that.

#22 : February 06, 2007, 11:57:59 AM

"verped" ???

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#23 : February 06, 2007, 12:01:03 PM

"verped" ???

vomit burp. basically saying I almost threw-up like watching Grossman play QB.

#24 : February 06, 2007, 12:02:12 PM

ugh!!!!!!

#25 : February 06, 2007, 12:04:09 PM

I believe it's 40 million.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#26 : February 06, 2007, 12:06:30 PM

ugh!!!!!!

Descriptive isn't it? Really proves a point. :)

#27 : February 06, 2007, 12:08:16 PM

"verped" ???

vomit burp. basically saying I almost threw-up like watching Grossman play QB.
I'd hate to think what happened when you watched Grads/Simms/Griese.

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#28 : February 06, 2007, 12:18:21 PM

Karen, That is why Jones left, and Sapp left.. for the Money! Yet you bash the Bucs because they are gone.

Lynch was booted out either

Carry on
we never offered Sapp a contract.  HE would have signed for less if we at least had tried. We lost Sapp because of our stupity. Just like Jones.  About the dumbest thing this team ever did was let Lynch walk and the way we did it--terrible.  Him getting these awards and going to the probowl, no real shock there.

excuse me but SAP got a 6 million signing bonuse with Oakland. Bucs total package contract wouldn't even come close to Sapps signing bonus in addition to Sapps salary. Sapp went for the money. As far as the Bucs not putting an offer on the table that is just samantics.
What was Sapp asking for.
Lets get the Answer as to what was Sapps asking price. If Sapps asking price was to high why even wast time placing an offer.

The Bucs were better off respecting the Mans asking price and not give an offer then to insult the man with what they thought was fare or what the Bucs could afford.

tampabayfan

Pro Bowler

#29 : February 06, 2007, 12:56:10 PM

Sapp had already said that Tampa would get the discount that no other team would get.  When Tampa never called, he went with the best offer.  I think everyone here would have done the same thing.  I saw an article at one time that said one day after Cincy made an initial offer that he waited for the Bucs to counter and the call never came. That contract was much less than what Oakland offered.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Edge James « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools