Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Edge James « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#30 : February 06, 2007, 01:10:29 PM

I'm going to guess Edge was counting his money during the Super Bowl and didn't care about the outcome.  If you've ever heard him talk, any conversation with him inevitably comes around to money.  He is the epitomy of the "it's all about the money" athlete.

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#31 : February 06, 2007, 01:33:33 PM

Sapp had already said that Tampa would get the discount that no other team would get. When Tampa never called, he went with the best offer. I think everyone here would have done the same thing. I saw an article at one time that said one day after Cincy made an initial offer that he waited for the Bucs to counter and the call never came. That contract was much less than what Oakland offered.

So what was the discount?
The point is that the Bucs probably could not compete for Sapp services. Thank you very much Sapp for the discount but apparently Sapp was not willing to give a big enough discount.

Besides Oakland has not gotten their moneys worth from Sapp.
Bucs apears to have made the right decision.
Oh and yes I am a big Sapp follower even way back when he was first playing TE for UM

tampabayfan

Pro Bowler

#32 : February 06, 2007, 01:46:33 PM

So what was the discount?
The point is that the Bucs probably could not compete for Sapp services. Thank you very much Sapp for the discount but apparently Sapp was not willing to give a big enough discount.

Besides Oakland has not gotten their moneys worth from Sapp.
Bucs apears to have made the right decision.
Oh and yes I am a big Sapp follower even way back when he was first playing TE for UM
Sapp had already said that Tampa would get the discount that no other team would get. When Tampa never called, he went with the best offer. I think everyone here would have done the same thing. I saw an article at one time that said one day after Cincy made an initial offer that he waited for the Bucs to counter and the call never came. That contract was much less than what Oakland offered.
They use a completely different defense than we do.  Sapp was perfect for our defense.  He also brought some untangles to the table that Oakland didnt need.  I think the whole thing has turned out so bad for both sides. Sapp could have still helped us produce some wins and keep the D going. Instead he goes to Oakland where he is being wasted.

#33 : February 06, 2007, 01:51:24 PM

It bugs me to hear people say Sapp went for the $$ when the Bucs never made him an offer. What was he supposed to do?

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#34 : February 06, 2007, 09:25:17 PM

It bugs me to hear people say Sapp went for the $$ when the Bucs never made him an offer. What was he supposed to do?
Exactly.  And lets not forget that Lynch would have played for minimum to retire a Buc.  Sapp also wanted to retire a Buc.  Even said he would always be a Buc after he went to Oakland.

#35 : February 06, 2007, 09:30:52 PM

That's why if Sapp is released we should make a run at him, and Lynch can sign his 1 hour contract and retire.

tampabayfan

Pro Bowler

#36 : February 06, 2007, 09:38:36 PM

Sapp may do it, but I doubt Lynch will and I personally dont blame him one bit.  I would take Sapp back in a heartbeat. I dont care if he's 55 and needs a walker.

#37 : February 06, 2007, 09:39:29 PM

I'm pretty sure John Lynch understands the biz aspect and the fact we were doing it for his own good, unless he wants to be paralyzed.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#38 : February 06, 2007, 09:39:41 PM

Sapp may do it, but I doubt Lynch will and I personally dont blame him one bit. I would take Sapp back in a heartbeat. I dont care if he's 55 and needs a walker.

ditto

tampabayfan

Pro Bowler

#39 : February 06, 2007, 09:43:03 PM

I'm pretty sure John Lynch understands the biz aspect and the fact we were doing it for his own good, unless he wants to be paralyzed.
Telling someone like Lynch that he needs to be on the bench when he knows he can still play and then not even offereing a backup contract--what on earth were we thinking?  I think he has done quite well in Denver and even seems to be hitting harder than he did in Tampa. Alstott has neck surgery and came back to play with no issues.

#40 : February 06, 2007, 09:46:05 PM

We were thinking Lynch was done, he wasn't a great coverage safety, and thought JP23 could do the same, cheaper, and longer, we were wrong but that doesn't mean Lynch should be brought back, he's had 2-3 stingers in Denver, and there's a point when someone needs to tell him to forget about the 'warrior' aspect and do what's best for his family...hanging them up could save him some pain later on.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#41 : February 06, 2007, 09:50:16 PM

That whole paralyzed thing? Not so much.  And he didn't buy the for his own good---he was furious.  And he's been to what? 3 probowls as a Bronco?  That whole nonsense was ridiculous.

#42 : February 06, 2007, 09:52:22 PM

Doesn't Mike Vick have 3 Pro Bowls under his waist?

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#43 : February 06, 2007, 09:54:12 PM

Not the same at all.  Tony Romo is there as well.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#44 : February 06, 2007, 09:56:36 PM

pro bowl is a popularity contest and the fans should be taken out of the voting process...

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Edge James « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools