Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Edge James « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

#45 : February 06, 2007, 09:57:10 PM

Okay? I think you misunderstand considering the fact that the PB means nothing at all to me....that's not an indication of how well he played as much as how well he's liked. I love John Lynch but I'd rather see him hang them up than give another 2-4 years and seriously hurt himself...and before anyone chimes in how that can happen to anyone, yes it can, but John's incident is worse since his game is the hard hit....also the Alstott reference is hardly legit, Mike until the Cleveland game was basically just the goalline back who didn't take as many neck shots as a safety did...

#46 : February 06, 2007, 09:57:57 PM

Turbo -
Same with baseball, but then again when you have idiot managers like Ozzie Guillen taking his boys over Carl Crawford, you have to question who should choose the teams.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#47 : February 06, 2007, 11:11:01 PM

Turbo -
Same with baseball, but then again when you have idiot managers like Ozzie Guillen taking his boys over Carl Crawford, you have to question who should choose the teams.

agreed

Aric

Starter

#48 : February 06, 2007, 11:53:12 PM

Miss Sapp? Call McKay. He gave Sapp's deal to Booger. After that, they thought signing Sapp would put too much money into that position. We were already cap strapped. Try reading some PR articles.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#49 : February 07, 2007, 12:16:25 AM

Miss Sapp? Call McKay. He gave Sapp's deal to Booger. After that, they thought signing Sapp would put too much money into that position. We were already cap strapped. Try reading some PR articles.
As sacreligious as it may seem, PR is not the end all, be all about Bucs.  That is the FO version.  It is has been denied by both players (Sapp & Lynch).  You cannot cry salary cap if you never make an offer.

coolhandluke

Starter

#50 : February 07, 2007, 05:13:31 AM

Karen, they leave for the Money. Lynch has done nothing in Denver.. Have they won a Superbowl.. No. He is bad in coverage and has lost a step. Sapp left for a ton of $$$$$

Also Mike Alstott made Pro Bowls when he shouldnt have. Word is Tony Romo Called Mikey and asked him hot to act when he knew he didnt belong!!!

Got Camera??? ;D

#51 : February 07, 2007, 08:27:49 AM

Sapp left for a ton of $$$$$

Sapp left because his contract was up and the Bucs NEVER made him an offer. Geez!!!

BP1

Pro Bowler

#52 : February 07, 2007, 10:02:04 AM

Also Mike Alstott made Pro Bowls when he shouldnt have.

Why because you say so? I think the fans, players, and coaches placed their votes. So if this is what gets someone in, then he did belong. Your comment makes no sense.

coolhandluke

Starter

#53 : February 07, 2007, 10:39:41 AM

Hate..He left for the Money..PERIOD and everyone in this town knows Mike Alstott made the pro bowl at least 4 times on popularity.. not talent.

be honest.

#54 : February 07, 2007, 10:49:36 AM

I agree with you about Alstott but as for Sapp, the Bucs made NO attempt to keep him here. Was he supposed to camp outside One Buc with a "will work for food" sign?

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#55 : February 07, 2007, 12:07:49 PM

Was he supposed to camp outside One Buc with a "will work for food" sign?

yes.

Maybe the Bucs didn't want too much money tied up into the DL. I agree an offer should've been made but that McFat contract sealed his fate, IMO.

#56 : February 07, 2007, 12:27:05 PM

Was he supposed to camp outside One Buc with a "will work for food" sign?

yes.

Maybe the Bucs didn't want too much money tied up into the DL. I agree an offer should've been made but that McFat contract sealed his fate, IMO.

I, too, agree that McFarland sealed his fate but thats different from saying Sapp left for the $$. There was no $$ here for him so he went where he was wanted.

Having said that, there's $$ here now. Come back home, QbKilla!!

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#57 : February 07, 2007, 01:04:17 PM

Sapp wasn't offered a contract bc of Boogers.  Simple as that - GM decided that prior to his release.  He got 6 mill to sign, and I believe 20 for the duration - the discount was not going to be anywhere near what the other FAs got imvho.

Lynch left bc he wasn't guaranteed a starting spot, and wasn't gonna get the $$ either - it wasn't the money - it was the starting position.  Now we can try to blame anyone we want to for that position - but right or wrong that was it.  PS - he didn't pass the bucs physical either, but could pass the broncos - no idea on that one.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

#58 : February 08, 2007, 08:41:52 AM

You cannot cry salary cap if you never make an offer.
I don't have the time to explain everything wrong with that statement.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Edge James « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools