Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 02/06 GBN 2 Round mock draft « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

alldaway

Hall of Famer

: February 06, 2007, 11:04:16 AM

New 2 round GBN mock draft with some interesting picks especially for the Bucs.  ;)

http://www.gbnreport.com/2007projection.html

acacius

Hall of Famer

#1 : February 06, 2007, 11:05:59 AM

For those who want the Bucs summary, they've got:

1) Quinn
2a) Crowder
2b) Ugoh

This would kind of scare me if it went down this way.  Maybe it would work out, but it wouldnt really fill me with any warm fuzzies.

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
#2 : February 06, 2007, 11:08:40 AM

Has anyone figured out why everyone has us picking #4? 

acacius

Hall of Famer

#3 : February 06, 2007, 11:10:15 AM

Well, they have to pick one of the teams to pick fourth, so alphabetical is as good a way as any other to make the decision.  I imagine that's why most sites seem to put us at #4 and Cleveland at #3.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#4 : February 06, 2007, 11:21:59 AM

For those who want the Bucs summary, they've got:

1) Quinn
2a) Crowder
2b) Ugoh

This would kind of scare me if it went down this way. Maybe it would work out, but it wouldnt really fill me with any warm fuzzies.

It is not a sexy draft that people are hoping for.  If you take the perspective of building the foundation for a football team grabbing a franchise QB along with a LT, and DE is a good way to start.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#5 : February 06, 2007, 11:31:33 AM

I still don't know why folks fear the QB draft. You need one to win, Rex Grossman and Jake Plummer types can only get your so far. Ugoh has abig upside and Crowder is an effective DE. That's not the worst draft I've ever seen.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#6 : February 06, 2007, 11:35:13 AM

I'd be ok with that. I'm a certified Notre Dame hater but I think Quinn could be really good and people are sleeping on him because he didn't have a lot of good teammates and Russell can throw the ball 3 miles. I've not been that fond of Crowder but I like DE in that spot. I'd probably prefer Abiamiri. I was high on Ugoh but he didn't look so good in the Senior Bowl. I still have faith in him but would have questions what this staff could do with him.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#7 : February 06, 2007, 11:36:07 AM

Drafting QB for most here is not sexy only because they know that he won't see much action early on. Some fans want to see that #1 pick out there performing and playing and with a QB that more than likely will not be the case.

I am not a big fan of Ugoh, crowder is ok but as mentioned this is not a train wreck of a mock but not what I would like to see transpire. However to fully evaluate things we have to see what happens in FA.

Baghead #2

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#8 : February 06, 2007, 11:36:34 AM

ugoh is gone at #34 or so in the nfldraftcountdown mock, but lasts until 64 in this one....just goes to show you, nobody knows anything about anything about the draft after the first 2 picks or so (not even that far last year)

acacius

Hall of Famer

#9 : February 06, 2007, 11:40:59 AM

I'm not afraid of the idea of drafting a qb, I'm just not in love with the big qb prospects in this draft.  That said, the scouts put a whole lot more time into this than I do, so if they feel Quinn is a franchise qb prospect, I don't really have a huge problem with them taking him.

As for Ugoh, his play in the Senior Bowl worried me.  Maybe he'll be ok with coaching, but I don't have a lot of faith in our staff to be able to provide that to an offensive lineman.

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#10 : February 06, 2007, 12:44:12 PM

[banghead] As Far as GBN goes. They are not a good source considering they can't get even the rules of the draft right.
Hey GBN if you have Clevland picking 3rd in the first round then the Bucs get the 3rd pick in the second round  [banghead]

Mellow

Starter

#11 : February 06, 2007, 12:59:46 PM

I still don't know why folks fear the QB draft. You need one to win . . .

I don't want to keep arguing this point, but you have to know this statement is just plain wrong.  You mean, of course, R1 QBs and the list of teams that have won the Superbowl without one is long indeed.

#12 : February 06, 2007, 01:03:27 PM

This draft looks bad for the bUcs, and not because of Quinn. I actually like that pick

I also dont understand how BUster Davis would fail to go in the top 2 rounds. I also dont understand why the Bucs would  take this OT in round 2 over a guy like Buster. didnt we just draft a 2nd round OT to go along with the 3rd round OT we drafted in '04

acacius

Hall of Famer

#13 : February 06, 2007, 01:04:57 PM

I still don't know why folks fear the QB draft. You need one to win . . .

I don't want to keep arguing this point, but you have to know this statement is just plain wrong. You mean, of course, R1 QBs and the list of teams that have won the Superbowl without one is long indeed.

The list of teams that have won Superbowls with round 1 qbs is approximately the same size as the list of teams that have won Superbowls with qbs from all other rounds combined.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#14 : February 06, 2007, 01:14:52 PM

I also dont understand how BUster Davis would fail to go in the top 2 rounds. I also dont understand why the Bucs would take this OT in round 2 over a guy like Buster. didnt we just draft a 2nd round OT to go along with the 3rd round OT we drafted in '04
Isn't Buster pegged to play middle, where the Bucs already drafted Ruud to play? Unless Ruud totally sucks, weakside is where the Bucs will one day have to replace Brooks.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 02/06 GBN 2 Round mock draft « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools