Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Help make miracles happen! « previous next »
Page: 1

bucboy28

Practice Squad

: February 06, 2007, 12:00:38 PM

Hey everyone,

My name is Jordan Wall and I'm a senior at the University of Florida participating in Dance Marathon 2007 - the largest philanthropy in the Southeast.  Each year students stand for 32 hours straight to raise money for Shands Children's Hospital.  This will be my fourth year participating in the event and I can not begin to explain how much it has affected my life, not to mention the hundreds of lives this charity saves.  To participate each dancer must raise 300 dollars.  I've posted a link below to my fundraising page, and if anyone has any concerns about donating online you can call 352-244-8932 to talk to someone at the dance marathon office at the university, or go to www.floridadm.org to check out the entire website.  Every penny makes a difference so please, please, please consider making a donation to this amazing cause.  Even Seminole donations are welcome!  And Go Bucs!

https://secure.campagne-online.com/registrant/personalPage.aspx?EventID=3476&LangPref=en-CA&RegistrationID=11662&registrant

P.S.
I think Chris Simms is finally going to pan out this year - just thought I'd add my two cents in on the Buccaneers baby.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#1 : February 06, 2007, 12:12:08 PM

A dance marathon but you're standing? Come on, let's see you dance for 32 straight hours, I'll pay some $$$ for that.

bucnut

Hall of Famer
#2 : February 06, 2007, 01:12:52 PM

Good luck bucboy...It's a small donation, but I hope it helps!

Marty

NFC South BBS Viva la Grudenistas!  GO GATORS!!!

bucnut

Hall of Famer
#3 : February 06, 2007, 01:19:11 PM

Just curious, have you posted over at Swamp Gas?  I don't know if they allow such, but I'm sure if you contacted admin, they would.  Just a thought!

bucboy28

Practice Squad

#4 : February 06, 2007, 02:04:15 PM

I haven't yet Bucnut but I'll try now - thanks for the tip and thanks so much for the donation - no such thing as a small one, especially when you're there and you hear these parents and some of the miracle children that are older talk about what a difference those donations make - they literally do save lives.  Hopefully Scott Reynolds or whoever is monitoring this board doesn't get mad at me for posting this - I never actually talked to them before writing it (I love your articles guys!).  And just to continue the brown-nosing, I will dance for 32 hours straight just for you keepon!  By the way, totally off-topic but how come no one's talking about drafting Reggie Nelson?  I may be a lil biased but I covered all the Gator games for our PBS/campus tv station and Nelson is a flat out man at safety and if you ask me, he can come right in and immediately upgrade the position over what we have right now in Jermaine Phillips. 

bucboy28

Practice Squad

#5 : February 06, 2007, 02:19:56 PM

Did I mention I stream on WDAE's website on wednesdays to listen to the Blitz during football season? :)

bucnut

Hall of Famer
#6 : February 06, 2007, 02:22:43 PM

Nelson has been talked about, and lots of us admire him, but basically it comes down to where we pick, which is either 3rd of 4th.  He's expected to go in the middle of the 1st round if I'm not mistaken.  Who knows, maybe we'll end up trading down!  :)

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#7 : February 06, 2007, 03:05:28 PM

Folks, I want to move into a big house on the water here in Manhattan Beach. I'll be checking
out bikini clad women for 79 hours straight or until I reach my goal of getting the rent money.
Whichever takes longer! Any help would be appreciated. I accept Pay Pal.

Good luck, bucboy. Good thing you're doing. Will make you feel good.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#8 : February 06, 2007, 03:07:21 PM

Did I mention I stream on WDAE's website on wednesdays to listen to the Blitz during football season? :)

and that matters becasue?

bucnut

Hall of Famer
#9 : February 06, 2007, 03:12:47 PM

He's brownnosing, can't you tell?   ;) :D :-*

bucboy28

Practice Squad

#10 : February 06, 2007, 03:22:51 PM

Just trying to get on Mr. Reynold's good side - I've heard he's got a mean streak in him - you know similar to Derrick Brooks - Officer Friendly off the field but will tear your head off on the gridiron.  Back to Nelson though, I believe Mel Kiper has him pegged as the seventh best player in the draft.  I'm not sure I've ever seen a DB as fast as him, his sideline to sideline coverage is so tremendous the Gators can afford to constantly leave him as the only safety because that's all they need to prevent the deep ball.  I'm a Gator fan but I'm an even bigger Bucs fan and there are a few Gators entering the draft I'd rather not see the Bucs pick but I'd be doing jumping jacks if they select Nelson - I really believe he's a sure thing.

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#11 : February 06, 2007, 03:33:58 PM

I would have expected someone to post Pirate's Cove already. Hope you get your donations though.

bucnut

Hall of Famer
#12 : February 06, 2007, 03:56:27 PM

Pirates Cove?  Nah, we're talking Bucs here too!  :)

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Help make miracles happen! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools