Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Another gator arrested « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 18

LFO

Hall of Famer

#30 : June 01, 2009, 10:05:09 PM

Yes Miami has suspended a player for the year before for being an idiot.

Who was the player?
What were the circumstances?

Jammi German for starting a fight if i remember right it was someone from the track team who spreaded a rumor or something went to his dorm and started a fight

Was that his first offense?

Not sure but it was right when Butch too over the team. Made a big statement at the time.

Well, Urban has kicked off many players.  I don't have a problem with how he handles issues.  I realize there are always going to be issues.  What I look for is how they are handled.  Urban won't give up on players, he tries to help them.  But he also makes them work for it...he has a psychology degree and believes he can help mold boys into men.  I think he succeeds more often than not.  

It's sad that the 6% or so that screw up get more attention than the 94% who succeed...but I guess that is how our society works.  

duanet75

Pro Bowler
#31 : June 01, 2009, 10:06:40 PM

Yes Miami has suspended a player for the year before for being an idiot.

Who was the player?
What were the circumstances?

Jammi German for starting a fight if i remember right it was someone from the track team who spreaded a rumor or something went to his dorm and started a fight

Actively going after someone for a fight over a rumor is quite a bit different from what reportedly happened with Jenkins - and I doubt that was the first problem with German, who I believe was the guy who had the "limousine caper."

limousine caper?

LFO

Hall of Famer

#32 : June 01, 2009, 10:07:47 PM

A perfect example of why Meyer won't give up completely on players:

He always sees the light at the end of the tunnel...and maybe to a fault at times.  But those that think Urban is not "tough" enough don't know Urban.  There is a difference between being tough on someone and just cutting them loose.  

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#33 : June 01, 2009, 10:10:31 PM

http://vault.sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1008584/1/index.htm

Some excerpts involving German:

"There's been an altercation," Garcia continued. "Jammi German has been arrested, he's in jail, and there might have been a couple of other players involved."

By mid-June only two potential problems still flickered on the screen. First, the state of Florida, which licenses all agents, was still investigating the so-called "limousine caper," in which an agent allegedly paid for a two-day limo rental last winter for German and two teammates, wide receiver Yatil Green and running back Danyell Ferguson.

He interviewed witnesses and police officers and learned that German and at least six accomplices, including teammates Jeffrey Taylor and James Burgess, both starting linebackers, had marched into the campus apartment of the former captain of Miami's track team, Maxwell Voce, to confront Voce about rumors that he had been telling people German was gay. Voce, according to the police report, claimed that German entered his apartment "without permission" and assaulted him and that Taylor, Burgess and several others then struck him repeatedly. (German's lawyer, Joe Rosenbaum, acknowledges that his client punched Voce in the face but says the blow was struck "in self-defense.") Voce suffered a cut nose and bruises on the nose and left cheek. The police arrested German on charges of burglary (unlawful entry) and simple battery.

Davis did not bother to go to jail to get German's side of the story. The coach's sources, who included Taylor and Burgess, had told him that German had provoked the confrontation with Voce and struck the first blow.

I would hope a coach would suspend a piece of crap like that.

duanet75

Pro Bowler
#34 : June 01, 2009, 11:28:10 PM

Yep and to answer LFO's question he got suspended for the year

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#35 : June 02, 2009, 09:05:34 AM

What you don't have the capacity to comprehend is the situations are completely different.

duanet75

Pro Bowler
#36 : June 02, 2009, 09:10:47 AM

What you don't have the capacity to comprehend is the situations are completely different.

OK and the difference?

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#37 : June 02, 2009, 09:30:34 AM

I'll let somebody else waste their time explaining the differences to someone who doesn't have the cognitive abilities of a third grader.

duanet75

Pro Bowler
#38 : June 02, 2009, 09:31:50 AM

I'll let somebody else waste their time explaining the differences to someone who doesn't have the cognitive abilities of a third grader.

ok lol

duanet75

Pro Bowler
#39 : June 02, 2009, 09:32:44 AM

When in doubt mock someone

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#40 : June 02, 2009, 09:33:38 AM

http://vault.sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1008584/1/index.htm

Some excerpts involving German:

"There's been an altercation," Garcia continued. "Jammi German has been arrested, he's in jail, and there might have been a couple of other players involved."

By mid-June only two potential problems still flickered on the screen. First, the state of Florida, which licenses all agents, was still investigating the so-called "limousine caper," in which an agent allegedly paid for a two-day limo rental last winter for German and two teammates, wide receiver Yatil Green and running back Danyell Ferguson.

He interviewed witnesses and police officers and learned that German and at least six accomplices, including teammates Jeffrey Taylor and James Burgess, both starting linebackers, had marched into the campus apartment of the former captain of Miami's track team, Maxwell Voce, to confront Voce about rumors that he had been telling people German was gay. Voce, according to the police report, claimed that German entered his apartment "without permission" and assaulted him and that Taylor, Burgess and several others then struck him repeatedly. (German's lawyer, Joe Rosenbaum, acknowledges that his client punched Voce in the face but says the blow was struck "in self-defense.") Voce suffered a cut nose and bruises on the nose and left cheek. The police arrested German on charges of burglary (unlawful entry) and simple battery.

Davis did not bother to go to jail to get German's side of the story. The coach's sources, who included Taylor and Burgess, had told him that German had provoked the confrontation with Voce and struck the first blow.

I would hope a coach would suspend a piece of crap like that.

Looks to me like the fight might have been a 2 games suspension at most. But taking gifts from an agent, which will land the entire team (and the Coach) in hot water is what got him a year.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#41 : June 02, 2009, 09:38:03 AM

It was obviously a combination of both, which is what tweedle-dee doesn't understand.

duanet75

Pro Bowler
#42 : June 02, 2009, 09:46:20 AM

Yep heres a tomato you gator fans can make ketchup out of while you guys are still trying catch what UM has already accomplished. Again nice program you got there. I love the hate gator nation has for DA U. I guess that comes with all the beatdowns we put on your little swamp school. Or was it he black eye Alex Brown recieved on Bourbon street lol.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#43 : June 02, 2009, 09:58:13 AM

Dan Sileo, is that you?

duanet75

Pro Bowler
#44 : June 02, 2009, 10:08:54 AM

Dan Sileo, is that you?

Hell no Im Lane Kiffen biatch lol

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 18
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Another gator arrested « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools