Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If the Bucs win the toss and CJ and JT go first two overall... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

: February 06, 2007, 12:51:06 PM

Would the Bucs pass on Russell? If both QB's are still on the board at #3, I've got to suspect the phone in the Bucs warroom will be ringing, wouldn't you agree?

Shag

Pro Bowler

#1 : February 06, 2007, 12:53:31 PM

They should answer the phone and get more picks. They have already said there are like 7 top prospects.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#2 : February 06, 2007, 12:54:30 PM

I'd venture to guess that the phone will be ringing regardless...

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#3 : February 06, 2007, 01:08:29 PM

I think they take whichever QB Gruden likes more in that scenario. 

quezilla

Hall of Famer
#4 : February 06, 2007, 01:42:39 PM

If the Buc's pass on one of these top QB's, and Simms struggles early.  Gruden better be prepared to be the most hated man in Tampa.

#5 : February 06, 2007, 01:45:35 PM

I'ts still early but i'd suspect we'd take Russell

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#6 : February 06, 2007, 01:49:45 PM

Work the phone lines Bruce! 8)

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#7 : February 06, 2007, 01:52:15 PM

Everyone  wants to trade down to get who exactly? Okoye is the current heartthrob but why not stay put and take the much higher rated Adams or try and get our franchise QB? Getting pass rushers and QB's is never a bad option.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

pewtersurf

Hall of Famer
#8 : February 06, 2007, 01:52:54 PM

I'd take Either QB.  I'm really not thrilled with the ones we have.

UNLESS, we get Plummer, Carr, or Garcia in FA.  Then we have about 2 years to build up Simms and Grads confidence again to compete for the starting gig.

Get your Battle Flag!  Join the Fight!

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#9 : February 06, 2007, 01:58:21 PM

If the Buc's pass on one of these top QB's, and Simms struggles early.  Gruden better be prepared to be the most hated man in Tampa.
Isn't he already the most hated man in Tampa?

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#10 : February 06, 2007, 02:01:16 PM

Everyone  wants to trade down to get who exactly? Okoye is the current heartthrob but why not stay put and take the much higher rated Adams or try and get our franchise QB? Getting pass rushers and QB's is never a bad option.
We could trade down and still grab Adams. Okoye, in my mind, would go further to bolster our pass rush. It's no coincidence that Simeon's best years came with Sapp at UT. Thta's not to say Okoye is the next Sapp because that is just foolish. However, Okoye is a very active high motor type player who will only get better and is damn good now. His ceiling is very high.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#11 : February 06, 2007, 02:08:09 PM

Okoye finished the season as a mid R1 type guy and now because of a few practices people want him in the top 5? Question Quinn all you want but Okoye is suddenly being viewed as a much, much better player than is warranted when the only thing on the field was his game tape. I like him but he also really scares me because those "jump" guys tend to be a lot more like the guys they were in their game tape.

***I took out my Adams comments because for some reason I had Branch on my mind***

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

#12 : February 06, 2007, 02:09:03 PM

I'd take Quinn in that scenario.

Shag

Pro Bowler

#13 : February 06, 2007, 02:17:48 PM

Adams does nada for us. He's a great player but not for a position we need on this team.  Okoye finished the season as a mid R1 type guy and now because of a few practices people want him in the top 5? Question Quinn all you want but Okoye is suddenly being viewed as a much, much better player than is warranted when the only thing on the field was his game tape. I like him but he also really scares me because those "jump" guys tend to be a lot more like the guys they were in their game tape.

What do you mean Adams is not a need position? We need DL. Rice is in the last year of his contract and is getting old fast. White is a free agent and even if he does come back, he's average at best. I agree about Okoye though. If he was a 22 year old he would be a late 1st rounder, maybe even 2nd rounder.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#14 : February 06, 2007, 02:19:31 PM

I don't see Gruden falling in love with Russell just because he can throw the ball really far. I think the only QB he would look at in round 1 is Quinn, and I'd be ok with that.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If the Bucs win the toss and CJ and JT go first two overall... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools